2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Redragon

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

RedNEO wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 14:54
Redragon wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 14:49
RedNEO wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 14:45

You think finishing on 0 points in the championship and sponsors walking out is profitable?
Do you think to adding to not winning points and delaying their success without Alonso is attractable to sponsors? The split means two teams one backbencher and one middlefield until they improve, both without Alonso are not attractable to sponsors
Tell me if Alonso doesn't know yet how would you know where he is going to be next year?
Even if Alonso is gone already, you are gonna brake with the only income that make you survive Honda to be a middlefield and maybe a winner in future ( similar situation they are now), yep that sounds like a great business decision

Webber2011
Webber2011

You guys are all hilarious !

Alonso's got no where to go if he wants a WDC/WCC car
Let's be honest, realistically there's no open seats

He either stays at McHonda and trusts they will get it right by the end of this season, or starts all over again with a midfielder and suffers 3 more year's of pain trying/waiting to become a contender

Or................He pisses off to Indy and has some fun again

My tip is that Fernando will wait for the next upgrade, and if that blows up even once, he's out of F1 forever

RedNEO

kasio wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 15:00
RedNEO wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 14:55
etusch wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 14:40

I am sure that Honda will improve. But after all statements mclaren side and Alonso I don't want to see them as winning with Honda PU. I am Alonso fan, I like Mclaren team but I like Honda more, and in every condition I dont accept this kind of statements.
I was same about redbul to Renault. If I were redbul couldn't use my PU even this cause to redbul pull out of F1.
My hope is that Honda do a good job second half of season but not supply Mclaren next year.
Well luckily you can watch a Honda power sauber to the front of the grid next year
You dont tell people what they will watch. Besides You can not possibly know what You will watch next season.
Excuse me? He said he likes Honda and I told him he can still watch them next year. Besides that last part was a joke (obviously)

Thunder

Redragon wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 15:08

Even if Alonso is gone already, you are gonna brake with the only income that make you survive Honda to be a middlefield and maybe a winner in future ( similar situation they are now), yep that sounds like a great business decision
You should give Zak a ring and tell him the Interview he gave last Week was BS. =D>
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Redragon

Thunders wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 15:12
Redragon wrote:

You should give Zak a ring and tell him the Interview he gave last Week was BS. =D>
Any time!! Do you have the number? His approach of a bullshitter businessman kind of 80s style is good for the team. At least better than Dennis where everything and everyone was bully behind doors.

Redragon

Redragon wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 15:15
Thunders wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 15:12
Redragon wrote:

Any time!! Do you have the number? His approach of a bullshitter businessman kind of 80s style is good for the team. At least better than Dennis where everything and everyone was bully behind doors.

And this is the reason I think is bullshitting and just trying to make Honda to accelerate even more.

He is bluffing or he has a poker, meaning if they break deal with Honda is because they have a new sponsor if not it is just all bluff, which I believe it is for all the effort and cleaning image of Mclaren with their Indy participation with Alosno, if they were going to split with Honda they would have race Indy with an engine not associated to Honda.

Mattchu

RedNEO wrote:
You think finishing on 0 points in the championship and sponsors walking out is profitable?
The 0 points bit is fair enough but the sponsors had mostly already gone even when McLaren was still with Mercedes in 2014. There`s not many on the car here:

So lets say the get Mercedes engines back (as is looking likely), does that mean sponsors will come flooding back? No way (imo), plus they`ll have to pay for the engines and its unlikely one of their drivers will be paid/part paid by the engine manufacturer!
The whole thing is a disaster to be honest and probably harming Formula 1 on the whole...By that i mean the fact Honda find it so hard to build an any way remotely competitive and reliable engine is ridiculous!

Redragon

Also we have to remember ourselves what Zack Brown job is. And it was to find a main sponsor for 2018 as he said he couldn't do for 2017.
He knows if Honda don't implement their update and they are successful his post is pending on a thread. Indy was good to attract US sponsors or interest. 1st plan of marketing but if he doesn't close a deal this year, he is probably out too.

aran.vtec
aran.vtec

seeing that honda paid for so much and still supplied engines

Do you think Mclarens chassis would be as good as it is today if they had to pay for merc engines?

ronanharris09
ronanharris09

The next Azerbaijan Grand Prix has a long full opening section covering 2 km. The breakdown of ICE this time made the introduction of new ICE almost deterministic in the next race. In other words, some update will be launched, whether big or small.

"Well, in that sense some sort of thing comes in. I still do not know if it can be called specs 3, but I will definitely put something in 2.5 or 2.1" (Hasegawa General Manager)

The crisis surviving McLaren · Honda as it is said by the public is merely political noise to the last. Rather than such a thing, I am at a purely technical point of view. That is the situation where the present Honda was placed.
Source :
https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... ndex_8.php
When it comes to 💻 science 💫, what I much about it 💢 is analyzing the 📉 📊 👌.

etusch

It could be 2.01 too. Talk us about hp's.

ronanharris09
ronanharris09

etusch wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 16:39
It could be 2.01 too. Talk us about hp's.
No, the article is split to 8 pages, none of them are talking about HP . . .
But, they discovered an issue with the ICE, not an oil pressure issue . . .
Quoted from page 5, link below.
Source :
https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/smart/c ... ndex_5.php

ronanharris09
ronanharris09

While running at 280 km / h exactly the same as the previous lap, the ICE crankshaft broke through the floor without any signs of premonition. Alonso braked and stopped the machine before the blown oil hit the exhaust and the white smoke came up.

"Shall I tell you the worst scenario, after this, the engine will be broken and retired!"

It seems that Alonso himself did not think that jokes said on the radio four or five weeks ago will become reality.

Although MGU-H has caused trouble many times, the shaft and the bearing have already been taken measures, and the problem has been substantially solved. However, it seems that Hasegawa's general manager also can not hide the shock, due to the broken ICE, which has never been broken this season.

"It's been a long time since the engine itself was broken and it is my first time this year .... (It's not due to an oil tank like Friday's Spanish Grand Prix.) Purely somewhere in the ICE burned up, broken , I think it was something like broken, broken.

Jolle
Jolle

Mattchu wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 15:24
RedNEO wrote:
The 0 points bit is fair enough but the sponsors had mostly already gone even when McLaren was still with Mercedes in 2014. There`s not many on the car here:

https://picload.org/image/ripcopar/mc.png

So lets say the get Mercedes engines back (as is looking likely), does that mean sponsors will come flooding back? No way (imo), plus they`ll have to pay for the engines and its unlikely one of their drivers will be paid/part paid by the engine manufacturer!
The whole thing is a disaster to be honest and probably harming Formula 1 on the whole...By that i mean the fact Honda find it so hard to build an any way remotely competitive and reliable engine is ridiculous!
Indeed.

To put it in perspective, to have any chance to come back as a top team again, without Honda, they Zak Brown needs to find a deal even better then Philip Morris made with Ferrari or a company who pours even more money into F1 then RedBull, for a team that scored no points this year and hasn't got the best track record for the past 5 years.

In the past few years they had one of the best driver of the field and one of the nicest, paired with a name that makes every petrol heads heart beat a bit faster and they only lost sponsors.

It looks like a choice between being a works big team with lots of troubles (Honda) or being a nice midfielder with FI and Williams (with a Mercedes PU)

FW17

Joe Saward thinks the separation is happening sooner or later. Some want engines to be swapped over the summer.