2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GhostF1
GhostF1

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

RedNEO wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 15:22
GhostF1 wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 15:15
Sayeman wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 11:44

Maybe you should drink some of that too considering how you are getting all hysterical.
Haha I've been drinking Honda Kool-Aid... Hilarious thought. You're assuming that the Honda engine was at 100%, which basic logic would say it's impossible. It was just introduced for two practice runs. You're making premature assumptions based on nothing but personal endeavours that have no base other than to actually terminally destabilise the notion there will be any improvement whatsoever this season. I bring forward actual co.parisons from the FIA versus the previous spec Honda unit also on track (the one you say is wild speculation...) You are what's wrong the community here, you fuel wild media speculation and rubbish the facts that have been stated from the FIA, McLaren or Honda themselves. Yes I don't personally have all the facts and I don't claim to know everything Honda or McLaren does. You however, seem to know everything and claim it's all pointless. I've usually skipped over the rubbish you post because it's usually ill informed hatred to fire on a debate that's months old, but your last post in the shadow of an update that brought obvious, genuine progress was enough. Get on side and look at the facts beyond speculated, opinionated media commentary you've stumbled across at some point during the day and maybe contribute.
Smh you can carry on defending Honda until the cows come home but it won't change the fact they won't be challenging for anything significant in this formula. I'll leave you to enjoy there progresss next year with a sauber chassis that's at a similar level to there engine.
Haha now that's the quality of post I expect from you.

RedNEO

GhostF1 wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 16:07
RedNEO wrote:
GhostF1 wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 15:15

Haha I've been drinking Honda Kool-Aid... Hilarious thought. You're assuming that the Honda engine was at 100%, which basic logic would say it's impossible. It was just introduced for two practice runs. You're making premature assumptions based on nothing but personal endeavours that have no base other than to actually terminally destabilise the notion there will be any improvement whatsoever this season. I bring forward actual co.parisons from the FIA versus the previous spec Honda unit also on track (the one you say is wild speculation...) You are what's wrong the community here, you fuel wild media speculation and rubbish the facts that have been stated from the FIA, McLaren or Honda themselves. Yes I don't personally have all the facts and I don't claim to know everything Honda or McLaren does. You however, seem to know everything and claim it's all pointless. I've usually skipped over the rubbish you post because it's usually ill informed hatred to fire on a debate that's months old, but your last post in the shadow of an update that brought obvious, genuine progress was enough. Get on side and look at the facts beyond speculated, opinionated media commentary you've stumbled across at some point during the day and maybe contribute.
Smh you can carry on defending Honda until the cows come home but it won't change the fact they won't be challenging for anything significant in this formula. I'll leave you to enjoy there progresss next year with a sauber chassis that's at a similar level to there engine.
Well you can't deny this Honda engine makes a good match to the sauber. They can both make slow improvements together without any pressure next year. Everyone is a winner.

Redragon

RedNEO wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 16:20
GhostF1 wrote:
RedNEO wrote:

Well you can't deny this Honda engine makes a good match to the sauber. They can both make slow improvements together without any pressure next year. Everyone is a winner.
After the interview of Wolff saying will be happy to supply Mercedes once Mclaren has brake contract with Honda but he would prefer they continue as Mclaren-Honda, If Mclaren don't brake that contract on the next month it is not gonna happen that change as Mclaren might be working already on 2019 chasis.

etusch

will we skip 2018 ?

RedNEO

Redragon wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 16:30
RedNEO wrote:
GhostF1 wrote:

After the interview of Wolff saying will be happy to supply Mercedes once Mclaren has brake contract with Honda but he would prefer they continue as Mclaren-Honda, If Mclaren don't brake that contract on the next month it is not gonna happen that change as Mclaren might be working already on 2019 chasis.
He didn't say he would prefer they continue at all. He said he would like them to sort out there relationship which just means he would like to know they have split first before Mercedes comes in. He even considers Mercedes to be the white knight that saves McLaren. Obviously he thinks this will also be a good pr move for Mercedes.
Last edited by RedNEO on 24 Jun 2017, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

ringo

Alonso said he didnt feel any difference in power from the update on the Baku circuit :o :(
For Sure!!

RedNEO

ringo wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 16:51
Alonso said he didnt feel any difference in power from the update on the Baku circuit :o :(
Are you surprised? When's the last time you saw a Honda update make a noticeable difference over an entire weekend?

ringo

RedNEO wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 16:59
ringo wrote:
Are you surprised? When's the last time you saw a Honda update make a noticeable difference over an entire weekend?
The Koolaid is very sweet. :mrgreen:
Honda is improving indeed and they will score points and have zero retirements in the Baku race.
[-o<
For Sure!!

Redragon

RedNEO wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 16:42
Redragon wrote:
RedNEO wrote:

He didn't say he would prefer they continue at all. He said he would like them to sort out there relationship which just means he would like to know they have split first before Mercedes comes in. He even considers Mercedes to be the white knight that saves McLaren. Obviously he thinks this will also be a good pr move for Mercedes.
Here is the link, it clearly says on the article that Mercedes preference said by Wolff is Mclaren-Honda relationship to continue http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... 2018-talks

As I said if it is not happening the break up this following month, it is not gonna happen

alonsofan
alonsofan

Wherever Alonso goes, there are correlation issues, at Ferrari with the wind tunnel, at McLaren with Honda test bench, and mind you Renault were also experiencing correlation issues with their wind tunnel in 2006. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

alonsofan
alonsofan

Inspite of being an Alonso fan, I don't think McLaren need to be this impatient with Honda. Hamilton's pole lap is 1.1 secs faster than the fastest Ferrari. So victories are anyway a long way off, may it be Merc or Honda.

RedNEO

ringo wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 17:06
RedNEO wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 16:59
ringo wrote:
The Koolaid is very sweet. :mrgreen:
Honda is improving indeed and they will score points and have zero retirements in the Baku race.
[-o<
:lol: :lol:

RedNEO

Redragon wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 17:21
RedNEO wrote:
Redragon wrote:

Here is the link, it clearly says on the article that Mercedes preference said by Wolff is Mclaren-Honda relationship to continue http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... 2018-talks

As I said if it is not happening the break up this following month, it is not gonna happen
It's happening, I'll speak to you when it's announced.

Redragon

RedNEO wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 17:38
Redragon wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 17:21
RedNEO wrote:

It's happening, I'll speak to you when it's announced.
Sorry my master "The right to be" I will shut up now with my own point of views

Avocado
Avocado

etusch wrote:
24 Jun 2017, 15:00
İf Honda can achieve objectives of this season ( assuming 30 hp with this update and another 30 with spec 3 ) and a step forward for next season with mcaren I think they can win races next year.
They can't and they won't. McLaren needs to go out of this relationship as soon as possible.