2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RS200E

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

RedNEO wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 22:47
RS200E wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 22:26
I do! Really happy with Vandoorne today. I mean top 10 is a big step in the right direction on a track like this for McLaren Honda and Vandoorne.

Just have to be realistic though because just look at where Alonso is. It'll take several top 10 qualifyings and race finishes before the real hype begins... sonething to build on.
Na not talking about vandoorne mate we must remember Alonso has already qualified 7th in Spain and has been in the top ten quite often. I'm just talking about Alonso's q1 lap, I hear it got the biggest cheer of all from the crowd! :)

And the real hype begins when the three pointed star is in powering us forward;)
But that's Alonso.

Not really interested in further speculation about Mercedes lol.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

FrukostScones

Amus:
2018 McLaren-Honda or McLaren-Renault

No Merc or Ferrari PU for McLaren apparently.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 03730.html

edit: this week in Silverstone (but just deception :mrgreen: , see Redragons post):

bt: who is the guy between Ojjeh and Z. Brown, saw him today also today in McLaren pits on TV..? Bahraini?
Last edited by FrukostScones on 16 Jul 2017, 01:17, edited 4 times in total.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Sayeman

FrukostScones wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 23:55
Amus:

With Mercedes signing new deals with Petronas and thus confirming their stay in F1, i see no reason for them to provide their PUs along with technical support to Mclaren and see them beat their works team.
Never Give up.

RS200E

FrukostScones wrote:
Amus:

last week in Austria:
https://imgr1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/R ... 106083.jpg

bt: who is the guy between Ojjeh and Z. Brown, saw him today also today in McLaren pits on TV..? Bahraini?
My personal preference would be to stick with Honda.

GhostF1
GhostF1

godlameroso wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 20:12
GhostF1 wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 19:22
godlameroso wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 19:06
Only .2 second slower than last year. Please Honda get your act together.
That doesn't bode well for the 11 cars behind then does it.
He qualified where he belongs.
I'm not saying he didn't. But he's midpack and both of the McLarens have had strong weekend showing so far being consistently top 10 and instead of being positive and finding the qualifying a great watch, you choose to slam Honda...nothing new on this board..

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I think todays results are promising.
Alonso's P1 in Q1 offcourse was not a realistic result, but it was good fun and motivating to see.
Especially since the simple fact is the car actually got there, the engine lasted.

Apart from that, Vandoorne set P9 if i'm correct and Alonso had what, P11 or P12?
I think they might even have some fun in the race, isn't there another update to be in Hungary?

It's not win material by any standard, but there is definately clear signs of vast improvement.

Also, Alonso looked far more optimistic this qually and last race compared to all the races before iirc.

Mclaren definately is looking at their options, and surely the Renault visit was for engine talk , though fatty in the middle might have went there for dinner.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Redragon

FrukostScones wrote:
Amus:

last week in Austria:
https://imgr1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/R ... 106083.jpg

Zack wasn't in Austria last week, this picture is from Sylverstone, also the access to the garage can be through Renault lorries as they are together Renault and Mclaren, so nothing there if you don't take a picture actually on a meeting with reanult bosses (you can check on Ted's notebook the place of the lorries how close they are between Mclaren and Renault) and he is Sheikh Mohammed Bin one of the share holders. What it is confirm is they have a meeting with Alonso to convince him to continue next year http://www.marca.com/motor/formula1/gp- ... b4695.html

RedNEO

RS200E wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 23:45
RedNEO wrote:
RS200E wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 22:26
I do! Really happy with Vandoorne today. I mean top 10 is a big step in the right direction on a track like this for McLaren Honda and Vandoorne.

Just have to be realistic though because just look at where Alonso is. It'll take several top 10 qualifyings and race finishes before the real hype begins... sonething to build on.
Na not talking about vandoorne mate we must remember Alonso has already qualified 7th in Spain and has been in the top ten quite often. I'm just talking about Alonso's q1 lap, I hear it got the biggest cheer of all from the crowd! :)

And the real hype begins when the three pointed star is in powering us forward;)
But that's Alonso.

That's fine but it should be in your interest to what McLaren does since it's key to there survival and also plays a part to keeping a curtain Spaniard possibly.

RedNEO

Sayeman wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 23:58
FrukostScones wrote:
Amus:

With Mercedes signing new deals with Petronas and thus confirming their stay in F1, i see no reason for them to provide their PUs along with technical support to Mclaren and see them beat their works team.
That wouldn't affect the deal with McLaren actually. It would do the opposite if anything.

RS200E

RedNEO wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 01:23
RS200E wrote:
RedNEO wrote:

But that's Alonso.

That's fine but it should be in your interest to what McLaren does since it's key to there survival and also plays a part to keeping a curtain Spaniard possibly.

It's not in my interests to play a guessing game for weeks/months.

godlameroso

GhostF1 wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 00:45
godlameroso wrote:
GhostF1 wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 19:22

That doesn't bode well for the 11 cars behind then does it.
I'm not saying he didn't. But he's midpack and both of the McLarens have had strong weekend showing so far being consistently top 10 and instead of being positive and finding the qualifying a great watch, you choose to slam Honda...nothing new on this board..
Are you kidding?! Me slam Honda? Me who owns 2 S2ks, a CBR 600, a CR-V, and soon a Civic Type R(after selling my EK drag hatch, and an SI)? Me who has defended Honda since the beginning in the engine thread? Really? I guess you must be new here. Is it slamming Honda if I want them to succeed? Jesus man.
Saishū kōnā

RedNEO

RS200E wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 03:24
RedNEO wrote:
RS200E wrote:

But that's Alonso.

You saw the Jonathan neale interview right? None of this is guessing it's really happening

GhostF1
GhostF1

godlameroso wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 03:50
GhostF1 wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 00:45
godlameroso wrote:

Are you kidding?! Me slam Honda? Me who owns 2 S2ks, a CBR 600, a CR-V, and soon a Civic Type R(after selling my EK drag hatch, and an SI)? Me who has defended Honda since the beginning in the engine thread? Really? I guess you must be new here. Is it slamming Honda if I want them to succeed? Jesus man.
Jesus get off your pedestal mate. I'll write your collection down in my notepad for future reference.
Your post in which I referred to was either irrelevant yammering or just a shot at Honda. Take your pick. As far as progress at Silverstone. They've done well. I don't think anyone is interested in listening to another "get your act together post"..
I too want them to succeed, neither am I oblivious to what's going on, so placing midfield fairly, did not warrant another Honda get with it ramble.

geogate
geogate

FrukostScones wrote:

Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al Khalifa.
With the departure of Dennis, the Mclaren group have restructured bringing Automotive, Applied technologies and Racing all within the same group. The dude in the picture is the new Chief executive officer of the whole Mclaren Group. He's the boss.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 04:05
RS200E wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 03:24
RedNEO wrote:

You saw the Jonathan neale interview right? None of this is guessing it's really happening
It's McBeLeave?

ZZZzz more ZZZzzz and more ZZZZzzzz.