2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

I would say this a world record early "B Chassis" talk... :D :D :D
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

bauc

Far wrote:Some sources say MB have dyno chassis did McLaren have this too now?
I've read somewhere that Honda has one
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

namao
namao

Thunder

Finally. Nice the collaboration also includes the McLaren Automobile Branch.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

RedNEO

About time! Very nice.

GoranF1
GoranF1

So what is the differnce between Renault and Mclaren's BP deal?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Joseki
Joseki

Probably the amount of money Castrol pays to Renault and McLaren is different.

Redragon

It is cheaper for Castrol to supply Mclaren, logistically speaking, Mclaren is just one team, with Renault would have been three this year.

lio007

Redragon wrote:It is cheaper for Castrol to supply Mclaren, logistically speaking, Mclaren is just one team, with Renault would have been three this year.
In terms of Renault teams: RBR & STR use exxon products

mclaren111

Redragon wrote:It is cheaper for Castrol to supply Mclaren, logistically speaking, Mclaren is just one team, with Renault would have been three this year.
RB & TR to use Mobil 1/Esso
Renault insists it will deliver the same top-spec engine to supplied teams Red Bull and Toro Rosso in 2017, though admits it has been optimised for BP's products.
"But we have made sure that the engine will also work with Exxon Mobil's fuel and oil, for Red Bull and Toro Rosso – there is no extra work [needed] in the development.
Red Bull / Mobil:
Red Bull only announced in December that it was switching to ExxonMobil, after luring the American company away from a long partnership it had had with McLaren.
Although the relationship is still in its infancy, ExxonMobil's global motorsport technology manager Bruce Crawley says the initial feedback has been positive, which bodes well for further gains once the two companies get to know each other better.
"We believe we have got off to a really good start," says Crawley. "Our fuel and engine package has a decent competitive advantage, so we are quite pleased with the initial outcome to the programme – and we are pushing now for further improvements."
This means BP & Castrol will most probably make different Fuels and Oils to go with the Honda PU

Andres125sx

swifteddie1 wrote:I hope that is the case rather than a B spec that is being targeted for the European races.
If that´s the case, then there´s also a C spec that is being targeted for the European races :mrgreen:

With such a huge rule change there will be loads and loads of parameters to check and see if correlation with CFD and wind tunnel is ok, and obviously there will be some wich will not as no team has a 100% success on all parts they develop, so there will be for sure modifications to be done on the cars after winter testing, and also after first GPs when the cars get some real mileage and have been tested on different tracks

That´s what teams are forced to do when there´s no proper winter testing on different tracks and conditions, you can´t fully develop a new concept in one or two steps

mclaren111

Far wrote:Some sources say MB have dyno chassis did McLaren have this too now?
McLaren:
In the fierce proving ground of Formula 1, BP is supplying a range of performance lubricants for Honda’s Internal Combustion Engine (ICE). The team will also benefit from Castrol’s high-performance lubricants and greases that will be used in the team’s Mazak-powered machine shop and dynamic chassis rig.
Seems they have one.

Redragon

lio007 wrote:
In terms of Renault teams: RBR & STR use exxon products
That's what i meant, exxon is now with RBR and STR, so the switch for Castrol from Renault to Honda it os a bit better logistically as they stay in F1 as sponsor but supplying one team.

kaepernickus

Redragon wrote:That's what i meant, exxon is now with RBR and STR, so the switch for Castrol from Renault to Honda it os a bit better logistically as they stay in F1 as sponsor but supplying one team.
Castrol/BP didn't switch from Renault to Honda, they'll supply both in 2017.

Also Castrol/BP wasn't in F1 last year.
Renault (and RBR) were with Total in 2016.

Redragon

kaepernickus wrote:
Redragon wrote:That's what i meant, exxon is now with RBR and STR, so the switch for Castrol from Renault to Honda it os a bit better logistically as they stay in F1 as sponsor but supplying one team.
Castrol/BP didn't switch from Renault to Honda, they'll supply both in 2017.

Also Castrol/BP wasn't in F1 last year.
Renault (and RBR) were with Total in 2016.
My mistaque got confused with the RBR new deal Exxomobil and Mclaren new deal with Castro/BP