2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
DFX
DFX

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

OneAlex wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 21:34
I wish whenever one of RB's Renault engines died they cut to a shot of the McLaren wall.

If Renault had been powering McLaren this year the thread would be calling for blood.

[Edit] Then again, maybe it wouldn't be much difference...
I think they would still be pretty happy given that Alonso PU failed aswell as Vandoorne new spec, as someone reported on Honda thread. Don't know if its true though..

Or you could watch the replay of Verstappen blazing past Alonso on the back straight and reckon that its a good gamble to have that PU..

etusch

OneAlex wrote:
I wish whenever one of RB's Renault engines died they cut to a shot of the McLaren wall.

If Renault had been powering McLaren this year the thread would be calling for blood.

When Renault engine gone we hear it onboard cam, when Alo's engine gone, it's every time he could go to pit, it's every time when someone passed him

Alonso Fan

etusch wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 10:22
OneAlex wrote:

When Renault engine gone we hear it onboard cam, when Alo's engine gone, it's every time he could go to pit, it's every time when someone passed him
MguH failure, confirmed by ted

He's behind vandoorne in the championship. Why on earth would he throw away points on purpose?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Del Boy
Del Boy

makecry wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 19:30
damager21 wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 18:43
loner wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 18:24
well you keep waiting the almighty spec 4 i have better things to do than to read what Hasegawa and Wazari are saying and they already deleted what i said LOL.
I guess Wazari mentioned last month itself after McLaren and Honda divorce that it is unlikely that Honda will introduce Spec 4 this year. And I think it makes sense from them to not give away too many details to McLaren. They can now focus on 2018 engine without being stressed about poor performance this year.

About Spec 4, we will never know the truth - but now who cares?

2017 is almost done. We will know next year how good a engine Honda comes up with
Or he knew that Spec 4 didnt perform as expected and/or had reliability issues and they decided to not introduce it at all and that was the reason for the divorce.

It makes no sense to not introduce spec 4 this year if it's ready. 4-5 race weekends worth of real world experience will beat their shitty dynos anyway.
I was very sceptical about the switch to Renault, believing that Honda would find the magic bullet any day soon. But after 3 years the engine should at least be reliable or powerful, the engine is still 2-3 seasons away from equalling Ferrari or Mercedes and also behind the Renault in both power and reliability. McLaren must know all about spec 4.0 and still didn't want the engine.

OviJohn
OviJohn

etusch wrote:
OneAlex wrote:

Here you go sir, from Hasegawa-San himself:
“Fernando started today from eighth on the grid and was up into seventh at the start. He maintained his position and kept his rivals behind him, until his race came to a premature end because of an MGU-H issue.

“It’s very disappointing that we faced more issues with our PU – particularly because the reliability has been relatively stable in recent races. We will immediately investigate the issue with the Sakura team and work towards a countermeasure for Mexico next weekend."
Source: http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2017/un ... rand-prix/

I can understand Honda fans being bitter, but blaming or even suggesting that Alonso "quits" once he gets passed... #-o

Roll over 2018. [-o<

etusch

Ok if Hasegawa I believe :)

Joseki
Joseki

etusch wrote:
He was passed because the engine failed

diffuser

Nado would never park it if he was in the point or close.

diffuser

The penalties for the XTRA PUs they use are nowhere as painful as the DNFs. They should change the rule to allow a penalty "free" change of PU after a DNF, if you've exceeded the alotment.

DFX
DFX

diffuser wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 15:02
The penalties for the XTRA PUs they use are nowhere as painful as the DNFs. They should change the rule to allow a penalty "free" change of PU after a DNF, if you've exceeded the alotment.
It would make teams that are not in points in a current race to 'fake' an engine failure just to get a free PU.

And I dont understand where does all that talk about Alonso parking the car coming from. No one has any prove to substantiate that and still we have to hear it everytime that the car fail somehow..

diffuser

He does it, he even comes on the radio and asks sometimes. In those rases in the past when the car was something like 15th and going backwards, he'll come on the radio and "not in so many words" ask to retire the car.

DFX
DFX

diffuser wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 15:18
He does it, he even comes on the radio and asks sometimes. In those rases in the past when the car was something like 15th and going backwards, he'll come on the radio and "not in so many words" ask to retire the car.
Can you provide any reference?

Joseki
Joseki

diffuser wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 15:02
Honda should make a product up to the standard required to compete in F1.

Actually the product Honda makes at the moment is under the standard of any racing category in the world.

loner

GREAT GREAT NEWS .. ALO COULD have more 3 hp from the spec 3.8 in Mexico :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13258 ... 1508021096

iam very bitter that i believed hasegawa and wazari for a whole year :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
para bellum.

Chicane
Chicane

Honda are setting an unbeatable record for number of PU elements used for the season and this bodes well for next year when only 3 power units will be allowed for the season.
Quickshifter