McLaren MCL32 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
f1rules
f1rules

Re: McLaren MCL32 Honda

even its going like crap, we can still appreciate i hope some tech pics of this decent car, here is the first good picture of their floor, bargeboard layout

mclaren111

The cameras on the nose is higher here and in line with suspension

turbof1

I'm removing another batch of moaning and complaining about the PU. Not the topic guys. Do that either in the test thread or in the team thread.

Next time we have to step the topic goes on lockdown.
#AeroFrodo

RZS10

How are posts about a possible design flaw of a component that probably sits 'in' the tub not technical and deserving of a deletion?

(oil tank being the black center forward facing element on the right)

This could potentially have an impact on their tub, no?

turbof1

RZS10 wrote:How are posts about a possible design flaw of a component that probably sits 'in' the tub not technical and deserving of a deletion?

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/62 ... _honda.jpg
(oil tank being the black center forward facing element on the right)

This could potentially have an impact on their tub, no?
Why yes, except nobody was discussing an impact on the tub. Just because an off topic discussion has a potentiality to get back on topic, does not mean the off topic discussion is on topic.

Any post here has to be about the hardware of the car. It is strict, but not a difficult rule to follow.

For the record, the deleted posts were all about the delays and impact it has on general development. Nobody was even referring to a single piece of either the PU or the car. We are reasonable, but not idiots.
#AeroFrodo

Morteza

Via AMuS
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Thunder

Is that a Restrictor inside the Exhaust or am i seeing things?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Morteza

Thunders wrote:Is that a Restrictor inside the Exhaust or am i seeing things?
I see that as well
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

noxroxafox
noxroxafox

I still believe the chassis is a good and solid build. I'm very fond of the rear of the car, it looks agressive and they've thrown the philosophy of last year in to oblivion which is good, because they need innovation and an agressive approach, despite the engine obviously (that needs some tinkering)

The art of winning, know thy competitor

ncassi22
ncassi22

ncassi22
ncassi22

ncassi22 wrote: ...One thing that is interesting is that the whole car seems to be less draggy. There is a less aggressively angled out-wash vane on the top of the pods, with a horizontal style wing replacing the vertical inner two from last year (next to the cockpit ala red-bull). The attachment of these also run more parallel to the headrest 'bulbs' with little to no out-wash. Coupled to this are mirror stalks angling air slightly inwards to help air flow parallel to the head restraint 'bulbs' instead of massively outwards like last year. The 'bulbs' are also less squared off at the back and better flows into its surroundings...
Called it! Who's buying me drinks?

https://twitter.com/F1byRiki/status/836604790557790210

*edit

For comparison.

https://twitter.com/albrodpul/status/733378056434397186

f1rules
f1rules

DiogoBrand

Interesting to see that, after being one of the first to pass the wing support through the exhaust, now they've moved away from that solution.
It does look better the other way around to me.

ncassi22
ncassi22

The down/out wash is achieved slightly differently to the 31. The diagonal slope starts sooner but is more gradual. Not nearly as aggressive as the Red Bull though. No need for draggy turning vanes on the pods if the shape of the bodywork can do the work for you. This also means smoother cleaner flow over the top next to the headrest as I said.

noxroxafox
noxroxafox

I was watching some youtube user uploads and I spotted this. Maybe its just the moment of steering into the corner, but the rake seems to be incredible. I did not notice it being so much compared to other cars, even the RBR.

The art of winning, know thy competitor