Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FrukostScones

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

I think ALO/Verstappen 2018 at Ferrari would be something funny.
together with VET/HAM at Mercedes :mrgreen:
lolz, and RIC/ROS at Red Bull.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

KUB is getting another test in the E20 from Renault to 'evaluate results for a potential return on the highest form of motorsport'.

read: they're excited about what they saw, and want him in.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Jul 2017, 18:16
KUB is getting another test in the E20 from Renault to 'evaluate results for a potential return on the highest form of motorsport'.

I share his excitement. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

So if we give some trust to the rumours about Verstappen leaving RB...

Ferrari: Vettel and Verstappen
Red Bull: Ricciardo and Sainz
Renault: Hulkenberg and Kubika.

That would be awesome...

Mercedes: Hamilton and Alonso

That would be too good! :mrgreen:

GPR-A duplicate2

Manoah2u wrote:
The performance could have definitely been better than that of Palmer's? :lol:

At least Kubica did not had stupid spins or crashes. That in itself should be better option.

skoop
skoop

Manoah2u wrote:

If that's true and Kubica gets the seat Sainz screwed up pretty badly by not signing for Renault last season. In my opinion there won't be any seat in a top team available. If he is extremely lucky maybe Ferrari or McLaren.

Vasconia

skoop wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 09:54
Manoah2u wrote:

If that's true and Kubica gets the seat Sainz screwed up pretty badly by not signing for Renault last season. In my opinion there won't be any seat in a top team available. If he is extremely lucky maybe Ferrari or McLaren.
He could not sing with Renault because RB doesn´t allow him to do it. If Verstappen leaves RB he could have some luck.

skoop
skoop

Vasconia wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 10:35
skoop wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

He could not sing with Renault because RB doesn´t allow him to do it. If Verstappen leaves RB he could have some luck.
Thanks for the information, I did not know that :)

iotar__

skoop wrote:
- Regardless of who takes Renault seat, Sainz should start with not screwing himself every second race

- Even media running Red Bull infomercials cannot drag him into "short list" for every vacant seat with a lack of performance like that. Did you notice how they often have to hurry to put them immediately before driver announcements, like Kvyat to FI #-o?

- I'm surprised anyone's getting excited about Renault seat with the way team operates and performs. Their latest spin is they "won't talk about wins" (or sth like that) until 2019. They didn't specify if they'd start talking about wins/podiums or in '19 or attempt to achieve them :wink: . No signs of any attempts until now.

Redragon

Are they waiting for Alonso move? either Ferrari or Mercedes? Are we back to 2015 waiting for Alo and then they will decide who to sign, Alo, Vettel, Bottas....
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... l-for-2018

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Alonso is definately once again the holder of the key which opens and closes the doors in well, about every team in F1, really.

AFAIC, Renault will have 2 people on their priority list:

Alonso and Kubica.
Kubica is interesting and they can evaluate now, which is probably why they're doing just that. If he's able to be competitive during testing,
he'll get a raceseat before Alonso is able to sign.
Kubica oddly enough would be a better bet than Alonso ; Alonso might have given them 2 titles in the past, he needs a winning team above anything, and i don't think Renault is going to make that big of a leap next year. That won't do good with Alonso and thus not for the team.
Kubica then, would be fine enough. First year of return would be massive enough for attention and be great for them gaining a lot of positive vibes and news.
Then if they also win, well, that would be fantastic wouldn't it? I dare say it would be even better than Alonso winning for them.
I think a Kubica - Hulkenberg combination is also a very sound one.

As for Alonso then, there'll be just 3 places to be in for 2018;

Mclaren - depends on Honda right now for the coming weeks.
Mercedes - depends on Bottas' results
Ferrari - depends on whether Ferrari slides down or keeps on WDC/WCC par untill the last race
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Redragon

Manoah2u wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 22:21
Alonso is definately once again the holder of the key which opens and closes the doors in well, about every team in F1, really.

AFAIC, Renault will have 2 people on their priority list:

Alonso and Kubica.
Kubica is interesting and they can evaluate now, which is probably why they're doing just that. If he's able to be competitive during testing,
he'll get a raceseat before Alonso is able to sign.
Kubica oddly enough would be a better bet than Alonso ; Alonso might have given them 2 titles in the past, he needs a winning team above anything, and i don't think Renault is going to make that big of a leap next year. That won't do good with Alonso and thus not for the team.
Kubica then, would be fine enough. First year of return would be massive enough for attention and be great for them gaining a lot of positive vibes and news.
Then if they also win, well, that would be fantastic wouldn't it? I dare say it would be even better than Alonso winning for them.
I think a Kubica - Hulkenberg combination is also a very sound one.

As for Alonso then, there'll be just 3 places to be in for 2018;

Mclaren - depends on Honda right now for the coming weeks.
Mercedes - depends on Bottas' results
Ferrari - depends on whether Ferrari slides down or keeps on WDC/WCC par untill the last race
Alo said he has three plans A B C, all to win. A. Mercedes B. Ferrari C. Mclaren? or Indy? that's my speculation. I think he signed a pre contract with Mercedes last Chritsmas when Totto call him. ( He didn't brake at the time contract and wanted to check Honda this year before moving to Mercedes ) I don't believe any word of Totto and Lauda at the moment because why is not ok now the move of Alo to Mercedes but it was ok last Christmas when they call Alo first to sign?

ClarkBT11

If Mercedes did sign Alonso last year, would they of been​ open with Bottas and is signed with another team or returning to Williams.

iotar__

- How to stay in the headlines by Red Bull chapter 324.

- If you believed rumours they're spreading Ferrari line up in 18 or 19 would consist of Sainz, Verstappen and Ricciardo, rotating between races I guess.

- can they be at least be specific in which order everyone wants to hire them? it's always Monday X, Tuesday Y, Wednesday Z. It would indeed look absurd if it was put together, right?

- Don't know who'd be driving for RB, they always forget about this part, Gasly, Kvyat? Maybe it's like with Sainz who is leaving and staying at the sane time :shock: .

skoop
skoop

So according to Horner Sainz will be driving for Torro Rosso next season. The Red Bull team didn't seem very happy with Sainz' comments. Maybe there's a big fallout coming?

Phil

According to AMuS, Sainz "was served" in the sense that RedBull has activated their option to retain Sainz at TR for next year.

Sainz wants to be at RedBull next year or to be able to leave.

Rumour has it that Renault (Palmer) or Ferrari (Kimi) may have a seat available. Especially Renault appears to be a very attractive seat, but with the hype around Kubica perhaps that option is closing fast...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter