Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

Zynerji wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 01:08
GPR-A wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 07:34
Zynerji wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 05:29
Or, this pairing has simply led the best development they have had in several years.
In this age, if anyone believes it is the drivers who develop the cars, they must be living in some kind of a bubble. Gone are those days where it was driver's input that used to drive the development of the car. Now that input is good to have. With all those sophisticated devices that are put on the car, the engineers gets the data to see what they want. And those development drivers clocking mileage on simulators provide all the confirmations that the engineers need.

For example: This year's Ferrari is born out of a completely new set of regulations and a base that is so completely different of which drivers had no idea until then jumped in the car at winter testing. The car just went faster.

In 2015, the car was definitely a competitive one off the box, for which Vettel had no contribution whatsoever. And if I were to believe that drivers develop the car, then I should also believe that Vettel and Kimi SCREWED the 2016 car, where they were comprehensively overtaken in development by THE DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS of a new bee Max and Ric at RB.

Ferrari has this classical trend of developing one good car and the following year, a donkey.

It would be absurd to take credit away from the designers and engineers and attribute it to drivers.
Once again for the cheap seats...

Compared to the people that make these multi- million dollar decisions, you know nothing.

Simply spewing your opinion does not change that, no matter how much you wring your hands.
Thanks for letting me know that you are just an idiot who has no scope of considering or even reading a different perspective. I will let you marinate in your own mediocrity of being a blind Ferrari fanboy. Good for you.

NathanOlder

Last 2 posts on previous page by HUGE fanbois. Lol

Anyone heard anything about Vettels new contract yet ? I was expecting yesterday for Ferrari to announce it now we know Kimi is staying.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

marvin78
marvin78

It's annoying that everybody with an opinion (stupid or not) is called a fanboy. That's the number 1 "argument" around here for the last months and years.

If Vettel stays, I think they will announce it in Monza.

Zynerji

GPR-A wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 07:27
Zynerji wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
In this age, if anyone believes it is the drivers who develop the cars, they must be living in some kind of a bubble. Gone are those days where it was driver's input that used to drive the development of the car. Now that input is good to have. With all those sophisticated devices that are put on the car, the engineers gets the data to see what they want. And those development drivers clocking mileage on simulators provide all the confirmations that the engineers need.

For example: This year's Ferrari is born out of a completely new set of regulations and a base that is so completely different of which drivers had no idea until then jumped in the car at winter testing. The car just went faster.

In 2015, the car was definitely a competitive one off the box, for which Vettel had no contribution whatsoever. And if I were to believe that drivers develop the car, then I should also believe that Vettel and Kimi SCREWED the 2016 car, where they were comprehensively overtaken in development by THE DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS of a new bee Max and Ric at RB.

Ferrari has this classical trend of developing one good car and the following year, a donkey.

It would be absurd to take credit away from the designers and engineers and attribute it to drivers.

Compared to the people that make these multi- million dollar decisions, you know nothing.

Simply spewing your opinion does not change that, no matter how much you wring your hands.
Thanks for letting me know that you are just an idiot who has no scope of considering or even reading a different perspective. I will let you marinate in your own mediocrity of being a blind Ferrari fanboy. Good for you.
Blind? Because I don't see the ghosts that you invent?

I run a business. I make decisions that are best for my business. Not everything that is best translates to math. Sometimes the intangibles cannot be quantatified.

Maybe you shouldn't speculate that your opinion of how someone else should run theirs somehow matters.

GPR-A duplicate2

Zynerji wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 02:51
GPR-A wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 07:27
Zynerji wrote:

Blind? Because I don't see the ghosts that you invent?

I run a business. I make decisions that are best for my business. Not everything that is best translates to math. Sometimes the intangibles cannot be quantatified.

Maybe you shouldn't speculate that your opinion of how someone else should run theirs somehow matters.
I guess you are Kimi Raikkonen of your business. Then it's not hard to imagine how you develop your business.

This is a platform that allows people to express opinions, argue and counter argue about opinions and if you can't handle being argued, then maybe you shouldn't come here. Neither I nor most people here would WANT OUR OPINIONS to matter. It is what it is, just opinions.

And you have deviated from the point. The argument was about driver's role in developing cars and how driver's impact is not as significant as it was, with the evolution of devices, techniques and tools. You are going in all nonsense directions and telling me about your business and at all, which I hardly care.

If you are more than just a keyboard typer, then spend sometime learning what F1 car designing and development is all about. May be then you can comprehend the complexities involved, expertise required and why some designers are far bigger than others. Specifically, the role of engineers and designers in an F1 team and what a Development Driver does for team and why their hire one.
Design of Formula One Racing Car

Analysis: How Ferrari turned update headache into Hungary glory
In fact, Ferrari test driver Antonio Giovinazzi had put behind him his red flag in the Haas in FP1 and was already flying back to Maranello for some extra work.

His role there was an important late-night shift in the simulator – as is regularly done at European races – to get to the bottom of why things had not been so good on track with the updates.

The focus in particular was of getting the balance right, because the data showed the downforce was there with the individual parts, but the drivers could not extract the full performance because the way they interacted did not click in delivering a feeling of confidence for the drivers.

Giovinazzi pulled an all-nighter to keep running through things and help deliver the answers – which was in simple essence a well honed set-up to help perfect the SF70H's aero balance, so that all the performance from the individual parts could be unleashed.

By the time that Vettel and Raikkonen emerged from the pits at the Hungaroring on Saturday morning, the car was transformed and there was no looking back.
I doubt if you are capable of grasping any of this. Still I tried.

Zynerji

You are simply defaming a professional business and their workforce. Your opinions that you spew have no merit, and only degrade the real value of these forums.

I may not understand how F1 design works, but I definitely understand how to build high performance teams, as that is what I do as a professional.

The bile that you have puked all over this forum is a disgrace, and I feel sorry for those that have become less intelligent for having read it.

marvin78
marvin78

@GPR-A: The problem is that you often don't really argue. You simply throw the word fanboy and disqualifiy every argument of others by calling them so. That's not arguing. You of all don't respect counter argues. That's nothing but rude. There are some people here who do so. It's really annoying. They even accuse others of not being able to argue....Really annoying. In the end one would think, that these people are something like "fanboys" (I don't like this word at all) themselves and can't stand anyone arguing against their loved one.

FrukostScones

ALO to Williams by Stroll. as drving instructor and 2nd driver. :mrgreen:

90% chance they say he is going to Williams.

hahahahahahahaha

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/formula1/ ... 7601aea595

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1 ... 17721.html

ALO will be 2seconds clear of this Stroll jokers.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

GPR-A duplicate2

Zynerji wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 07:46
You are simply defaming a professional business and their workforce. Your opinions that you spew have no merit, and only degrade the real value of these forums.

I may not understand how F1 design works, but I definitely understand how to build high performance teams, as that is what I do as a professional.

The bile that you have puked all over this forum is a disgrace, and I feel sorry for those that have become less intelligent for having read it.
You don't understand anything about F1 design by your own admission and yet you were stupid enough to call my post as this.....
Zynerji wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 05:29
Or, this pairing has simply led the best development they have had in several years.
<<text>>

If you are really the kind of professional that you are (I pity those who take you), you would have responded in much better manner than to resort for absurdity. I put my points across and what did you do other than replying nonsense (as highlighted)? Who was being derogatory and disrespectful in the first place?

GPR-A duplicate2

marvin78 wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 09:38
@GPR-A: The problem is that you often don't really argue. You simply throw the word fanboy and disqualifiy every argument of others by calling them so. That's not arguing. You of all don't respect counter argues. That's nothing but rude. There are some people here who do so. It's really annoying. They even accuse others of not being able to argue....Really annoying. In the end one would think, that these people are something like "fanboys" (I don't like this word at all) themselves and can't stand anyone arguing against their loved one.
#-o #-o #-o
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 26 Aug 2017, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

could you keep your personal matters outta here and exchange PM igf necessary.

I'd rather want to speculate about Button taking ALO s seat at McLaren and becoming WDC 2018. ty.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Pramesi
Pramesi

Sebastian Vettel to remain at Ferrari until 2020

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vett ... 20-945074/

JAA17
JAA17

I wonder why they announced Kimi Raikkonen first then Sebastian Vettel. Do you think they were trying to put a bit of pressure on Vettel?
As for Alonso, he has always been one of my favourites, I hope he does not leave F1. Is there any news on him yet? (Have I missed it.) There were a few rumours about Williams.
[Alonso Fan]

PlatinumZealot

Pramesi wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 12:41

There is never smoke without fire! See guys?! Perfect sense why Kimi was signed. Vettel wants him there as his "kind friend."
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

GPR-A duplicate2

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 18:18
Pramesi wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 12:41

There is never smoke without fire! See guys?! Perfect sense why Kimi was signed. Vettel wants him there as his "kind friend."
Noooo.... that's not true.....please....