Spanish GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jason

Spanish GP

Firstly : JV will suffer a 10 grid penalty :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/2892
Second : Honda appoints chief aerodynamicist :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/2881
Third and final : DC celebrates his 200th GP :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/2873

(Edited by Tomba)
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

m3_lover

Yes we posted at the same time and same name, which is really uncanny. But JV didn't blew his engine as practice's are on friday and saturday and today being Thrusday there was no schedule practice, He had a engine change. Second the new chief aerodynamicist is on the site news so I dont know why you put it up there?

But I didn't know that DC had 200 GP
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

Re: Spanish GP

About the Spanish Grand Prix...who will win?
I really hope Fernando is able to win in front of his home crowd. That would be a crazy party if he'd win in front of 100.000 Spaniards!

Of course we can't forget about Ferrari and Schumacher. They really found there pace and Renault can consider Ferrari as its biggest treath.

Though I think that McLaren will be better this weekend. And Kimi Raikkonen wants to prove that he still got it!

Too bad for Jacques, he was just on the roll, scoring all those points!

Well, we'll have to wait till tomorrow, second practice, to know something more :wink:

Principessa

Tom wrote:If Alonso wins I'll buy you all a beer!
I'll remind you of that if Alonso crosses the finish line as first one on Sunday :P

I think that this weekend, Mark Webber will do better than Rosberg! I don't know exactly why but it's just a feeling.
Though I do think that Williams has the pace, they sure lack reliability! I hope they can improve and that they can both finish this sunday!

Franck Montagny back in the game in Spain. I hope he'll be able to finish! I think that he's talented. Of course he won't win races in that slow Super Aguri, but perhaps he's able to outpace Sato and the Midland's!

Tp
Tp

As long as it's a great race with plenty of overtaking between M.Schumacher and Alonso I'm not really bothered who wins

Principessa

Tp wrote:As long as it's a great race with plenty of overtaking between M.Schumacher and Alonso I'm not really bothered who wins
Why only overtaking between those two drivers??
I really think that you should consider the other drivers as well. I think Massa will be strong again after his first GP podium ever, he'll be very motivated to make it to the highest scaffold. You can't forget about Kimi Raikkonen as well! And I think that Montoya can be considered as the underdog. I hope that Fisichella can do better after that emberrasing show last weekend and that he'll focus on 'racing' and clocking fast laps!

It's not only about Alonso and Schumacher!

m3_lover

I bet you the Michelin teams will use the new tires that they should have used in the European GP. If Williams do not suffer any engine damage, I can see them battling for podiums. Toyota and Honda are still trying to improve there race pace.

Sad news for one Super Aguri driver Montagny expects to lose his race seat
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tp
Tp

OK I worded it wrong. What I'm implying is that I hope there is overtaking between other drivers (even though we never see TV coverage of them) PLUS overtaking for the win, that's why I said a great race with plenty of overtaking between M.Schumacher and Alonso. But like you said Mclaren may also have a strong pace so they may also challenge for the win.

Principessa

M3_lover, I also reported that in the news about Ide earlier this week. Suzuki is already looking for another Japanes young talent (and I hope that they really pick a YOUNG talent this time and not some 31-year-old man). I think that it has to do with the sponsors, though I think it's idiotic of the Japanese sponsors to ONLY want Japanese drivers. They really don't consider the fact that, when they have a driver from another country, they can easy break through on the market there as well and they already have a Japanese driver, so the team, sponsors and Japanese public shouldn't be complaining I think.

I think that the Williams F1 Team has more hydraulic problems than engine blows!

I don't think that Button will perform that good because he's already thinking about Monaco! He should do the best he can if he wants to win a GP this season. He shouldn't be thinking about a race that is still 2 weeks away, he should be thinking about Sunday's race!

vyselegend

m3_lover wrote:Montagny expects to lose his race seat.
But Suzuki told 'AFP' this week that Ide's permanent replacement would be chosen according to his 'experience, not his nationality'.
If only it could be true! I don't bother who is the drivers, Montagny, Davidson or whoever, but I hope they'll stop this insanity of putting a flag in the cockpit, that's the place of the driver, wherever he comes from!

Tom

I hope they do what they say. But this is F1 so they won't, it makes the team sound better if they say they are not nationality biased although I think its silly. It doesn't matter where the driver is from, if hes good we'll keep him. This proved the undoing of Moss. He would only drive British (Or a green car) for a long time and it probably cost him the chance of a championship.
I personnally consider myself International, or European at least. I don't care about being Scottish or British because then you are immediatly biase against everyone else.

jaslfc
jaslfc

back to the gp.. i think this race kimi is going to come back into the picture. michelin is confident. the upper hand now lies with alonso...
hopefully dc can get some points on his milestone

m3_lover

This is off topic and I apologize but How many strikes does Jason have to make before anybody does anything???????? It makes the forum look like jokes to other people!!!!!!!!!!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

The lucky Spanish sports fans must be in sheer bliss. For the next while, Barcelona seems like the center of the sporting universe. First, the Grand Prix with their crowned hero Alonsa, and next week the Barcelona soccer team battles in Paris for the EUFA championship. They will be pumped, they will be hysterical and excited.
The fans will be ready, I wonder if all the teams will be as good as they hope, I wonder who will fall short of their objectives. Ferrari put out a maximum effort to look good at the last two races, races that were very important to them. Fisi has to do well, it's that simple. Briatore said he will announce his future lineup after Monaco, and if Fisi doesn't at least assist Alonso to a win, he will be out. He may even be replaced before the season ends.
And the opposite is true for Mclaren. They are giving Kimi every excuse and reason to depart, results have to start coming, they have to get him a win very soon.
Honda and Button are close, they just may get their act together this weekend. Somehow I have a feeling that this circuit will reward Button's style. I figure if he doesn't win at Barcelona, he may never win any races this year. Only Suzuka holds more promise.
BMW and Williams are locked into a rivalry for points, and even though Williams showed great promise at the start of the season, they have to finish. JV is driving for his seat, he has to prove that Kubica can't have his seat.
Toyoya has had major internal restructuring, and they are looking better and better each race. Expect them to soon begin to be major players.
And both Red Bull teams need to refocus and start getting a return on all that money.
Pivotal players this week are Fisi, Jenson, and DC.

johny

yes Dave we breath sport, and everyday you see more people here doing sport and teams get more supporters. Also you forgot Sevilla winning the UEFA cup

The only think i want is to see a good race on sunday, i won't support any driver and i just need some fun :D