Spanish GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Lightspeed

Shumi's lap record shattering 1:14.637 in Q2 was spectacular !!!

Too bad he could not replicate a time like that when it mattered. :(

Jason

I say Alonso did a mighty lap, 1:16.648. Woo-hoo! :shock:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Principessa

I'm really pleased Alonso did so well. Did you see the crowd go wild after the Qualifying session!

I think Fisico did well also, Finally! He really starts to feel that he has to perform if he wants to stay in Renault F1 Team next season!

Another strong performance of Ferrari as well!

Too bad for Montoya :( and Mark Webber :( and JV :cry: :cry: :cry:

djones
djones

Did MS go fastest until the bit where they have fuel in then?

Renault running light?

Lightspeed

johny wrote:yep, alonso is moving crowds here.

he get fined because a team error, they had the speed limiter set to qualy so the team will pay the bill
Gimme a break :roll:

manchild
manchild

Jason wrote:I say Alonso did a mighty lap, 1:16.648. Woo-hoo! :shock:
1 F. Alonso Renault 1:14.648

Tp
Tp

djones wrote:Did MS go fastest until the bit where they have fuel in then?

Renault running light?
I think you're right, Renault did say they will be a bit more aggressive on the strategy for this race.

1. Felipe Massa - 319kmh
2. Michael Schumacher - 314kmh
3. Giancarlo Fisichella - 311kmh
4. Jacques Villeneuve - 308kmh
5. Nick Heidfeld - 308kmh
6. Fernando Alonso - 308kmh

Felipe Massa was a massive 8kmh faster than the next non-Ferrari car through the main speed trap!! I hope they can use this to their advantage for the race.
Last edited by Tp on 13 May 2006, 16:09, edited 2 times in total.

Jason

What about "bad luck scot" DC, he totally thrashed his RBR at Turn 3. JV will join him on the last row due to engine change, I'm most dissapointed about Kimi. Mclaren didn't seem to have the pace in Barcelona, Kimi went from 7th to 9th. Did you mentioned Ralf, he did a stunning lap from 10th to 4th. Mark and Nico out of the top ten. But what I find strange is Liuzzi's pace, he did get into the second knockout session.

Lightspeed

Venom wrote:Renault must have less fuel than Ferrari...
So can we expect MS to stay out longer while the renaults pit in and put in those trademark scintilating banker laps, to leapfrog FA during the course of pit stops again ? I certianly hope so. 8)

Jason

Schuey went into the pits get put on a set used tyres due to he is having problems with understeer, he lap time went better but was enough to get him a pole. Fisichella done a very good job this weekend, I think he is something like +0.067-9 behind Alonso's time. Making this a all-Renault front row.

Ciro Pabón

FAB FER. Ole, matador! Once in a lifetime lap.

Rubens outpaces Button for 2nd time in a row.

If McLaren qualifying catastrophe is fuel, they have taken it to the extreme, on a car that is starting to look bad. Or is it fuel and tires? I am all ears.
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 13 May 2006, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Ciro

Principessa

Jason wrote:But what I find strange is Liuzzi's pace, he did get into the second knockout session.
He was in the second session Jason!! He's 16th but will start from 15th position since JV will have to start last because of his penalty.

LoRdVaMPz

hopefully fisi won;t slow the ferraris down to help alonso ... would like to c schumi vs alonso

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Wow, total dominance by Renault, total choke job by McLaren.
JV will probably get an even newer engine for the race, he's already startitng from the back.
With Fisi suddenly looking good, Renault seem to have their strategy in place. Barcelona is an unusual track, where the quickest setup gives the lower top speed on the long straight. It seems Massa is set up to be the hare in this race, set to put pressure on Alonso. But if Fisi can settle into second once the race gets underway, expect Alonso to check out. There's already a great gap in points between Alonso and Fisi, and the Roman may already have been ordered to support Alonso's title chase for the rest of the season.
The start of the race will be critical and exciting. I expect a total banzaii charge from Massa, hoping to split the Renaults.
Gonna be exciting.

Principessa

That is Fisico's job tomorrow! Hold Schumacher and Massa back and make sure Alonso can take the win and Fisico himself the second place!