Spanish GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djones
djones

I reckon MS is going to be in P2 by the end of the first corner.

You mark my words :D

vyselegend

I'm not really surprised Fisi did well, he has allways been fast here, remember last year he even set the fastest lap. Hopefully he will do a great job, similar to what he did in china last year [-o<

I really don't understand Ron Dennis. WHY are they insisting running that heavy??? It only brought'em deception so far! And seeing the face of JPM after qualifying, the mood is really bad. I'm disappointed they couldn't bring more piment here, as I really expected a four way battle with them and Honda joining the fight.

I don't understand also why JV entered qualifying (unless they thought they were able to reach Q3), because he used his engine for nothing...

m3_lover

I see Heidfeld out qualified JV this time, maybe he sorted out the car balance problem. Rubens outqualifiying Button again, lets see if he can translate that into finsihing into a good position.

I do not know what Mclaren are doing, they seem to putting be going in qualifying with heavy fuel all the time. This strategy has not worked so far this season, I think Ron Dennis has to be alittle more agressive with the fuel strategy.

I am glad that Toyota got into the Top ten though, maybe they have sorted everything out and starting to show the true potential of there car.

I think Alonso for sure will be the first person to the first turn with fisi behind because of the fuel/weight advantage. But I remember last year that in the Chinese Grand Prix that Renault had a lighter fuel load and that fisi will block and Kimi and JP. But during the race, Alonso was way ahead of both JP and Kimi, and Fisi was ahead of both Mclarens and it didn't even look like he was blocking them at all, just slowing go ahead of them. I hope this happens again, but I highly doubt it as Ferrari Top End speed is 8 km/h faster then the next non ferrari, I Think the teams are goign to see Charlie about checking out the rear flexi wing issue again.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

LoRdVaMPz

not too sure if schumi can get p2 after the 1st corner since renault have really good starts..... pretty sure the ferraris are heavier in fuel compared to the renaults.... strategy will b important for this race since overtaking is kinda difficult ere

Venom
Venom

djones wrote:I reckon MS is going to be in P2 by the end of the first corner.

You mark my words :D
I hope so :) If so...it's more likely to be second lap - first corner, because of Ferrari's top speed in straigths.

If MSC overtakes Fisi, then Alonso is going to be in trouble. (yes yes yes)

:D
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

m3_lover

If there is any yellow flags with the safety car out, then it will totally wreck Renault's race strategy in which they will not get a chance of getting out ahead on there first pit stop as they will not have a far enough gap between Alonso and Massa/Schumacher.

I wonder if Massa is going to beat Schumacher again into the first corner?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

m3_lover

A nice picture of DC's 200 GP's

Venom
Venom

Fastest time on the light tanks (knockout 2):
Fernando Alonso: 1:15:124
Michael Schumacher: 1:14.637

On the final run:
Fernando Alonso: 1:14.648
Michael Schumacher: 1:14.970

From this data Michael is faster + running heavier.

we'll see

johny

and q1? :D so don't take those deductions so quickily

p.s. yes michael is runining heavier

m3_lover

Venom
Venom

johny wrote:and q1? :D so don't take those deductions so quickily

p.s. yes michael is runining heavier
I don't think that first qualy knockout is relevant because Michael used old set of tyres I believe, despite that Renualt neither Ferrari pushed hard during that session because they had no threats from other teams.

Frenchblock
Frenchblock

Well, i'm alway enjoying to interact here, all those redism about ferrari!

The R26 is the best package since the winter and in 2 false GP that leave ferrari as the sole driving F1 force is so ridiculous!

renault start alows R26 to win 3meters to others, more massa Vmax was done ny slipstreaming another car, i bet that not a ferrari will puut his nose aside renault cars at first corner, more renault is 0.4s average quicker than ferrari alonf the track..

in imola R26 was fastest, in nurburg R26 choosed bad compund, so in the doubt Renault tested a light quali for alonso, but beleive me tomorow alonso will pit after both ferrari, more the red tyres will be in big dificulties after 6 laps!

the red dream will end up tomorow after the renault double!

:wink:

Jason

m3_lover wrote:JV has another engine change

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html
That goes last for JV, he damaged it again? For my comfirmation, no points fro JV. BTW, this another nail-biting battle between Fernando and Schumi. I wonder if Massa can repeat what he did in Nurburgring. Conclusion, I think Fisichella is not going to the podium.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

manchild
manchild

Jason wrote:That goes last for JV, he damaged it again?
First of all he didn't demage it first time - mecahnics did it (fell off truck as I heard). Secondly, he didin't demage new engine either during qualifying but since he was already to start from the back of the grid it was smarter to put new engine for tomorrow instead of one that was used on Friday and Saturday.

m3_lover

Also he was in last place after qualifying so basically he did not hurt his position on the starting grid.