2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Hamilton vs Vettel incident

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
fabian77
fabian77

Re: 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, 23-25 June

Diesel wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:08
A very sad and sorry state of affairs in F1 these days. The safety car being used as a pawn to spice up a normally dull race leads to chaos. Then a driver clearly uses his car as a weapon, and gets a slap on the wrist. The lead drive pits for safety reasons and then at the same time the dangerous driver gets a penalty that just happens to bring him out next to his rival...

This isn't pure racing, this a circus act. Utter utter trash. Without free to air coverage after 2018 this sport is finished.
Bit of an exaggeration, if you look at the Replay, you see in his anger he gets next to Hamilton and raises his fist, as that happens the car veers into Hamilton accidentally. So the penalty he got was enough. Hamilton should have got one for brake checking Seb.

Juzh

Diesel wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:26
fabian77 wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:24
Diesel wrote:
A very sad and sorry state of affairs in F1 these days. The safety car being used as a pawn to spice up a normally dull race leads to chaos. Then a driver clearly uses his car as a weapon, and gets a slap on the wrist. The lead drive pits for safety reasons and then at the same time the dangerous driver gets a penalty that just happens to bring him out next to his rival...

This isn't pure racing, this a circus act. Utter utter trash. Without free to air coverage after 2018 this sport is finished.
Bit of an exaggeration, if you look at the Replay, you see in his anger he gets next to Hamilton and raises his fist, as that happens the car veers into Hamilton accidentally. So the penalty he got was enough. Hamilton should have got one for brake checking Seb.
Can you send me the telemetry you have showing Hamilton braked?
It was shown on live tv, in case you missed the race.

GPR-A duplicate2

Vettel got greedy behind Hamilton. Look at Ocon who was right behind Vettel, the newbee had the presence of mind to keep safe distance.

Chene_Mostert

Diesel wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:25
On public roads, dangerous driving comes with a mandatory 1 year ban with an extended retest, and the chance of a custodial sentence.
On Public roads we also don't drive across lanes to make sure we "hit the apex" so no need to over react.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Juzh wrote:
Diesel wrote:

It was shown on live tv, in case you missed the race.
Can you send me a screenshot of the telemetry, I missed it.

NathanOlder

Juzh wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:22
NathanOlder wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:19
The audio from Lewis onboard sounded like he never accelerated and he didn't slow down. Vettel should have got a 10 second time penalty for causing a collision. And then a DQ for dangerous driving.
Except it's quite clear hamilton braked just after the apex, so it's potentially dangerous driving from him.
So you cant use the brake pedal to try and put heat into the brakes and tyres ???
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

CriXus
CriXus

British media in complete melt-down and does not like a German drive. Ha-ha-ha, this brings memories.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xwang
Xwang

Diesel wrote:
On public roads, dangerous driving comes with a mandatory 1 year ban with an extended retest, and the chance of a custodial sentence.
On public roads you get the same if you drive with an hand on the headrest at 300km/h or if you brake in the highway till 50km/h just to see if someone bump you from behind.

DVB

Vettel didnt crashed on purpose on Hamilton. Vettel raised his left hand and had too much pressure at his right hand which made the wheel turn right and he couldn't fix it anymore, which made him hit Hamilton on the wheels( :twisted: )
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

torpor
torpor

10 seconds panalty for intentionally running into the car in front? During safety car?

Is there anything worse you can do during a formula 1 race? Okay, maybe driving in the wrong direction...

Sorry. I like Vettel. But intentionally running into the car in front is must be disqualification!
No discussion!

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

DVB wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:28
Vettel didnt crashed on purpose on Hamilton. Vettel raised his left hand and had too much pressure at his right hand which made the wheel turn right and he couldn't fix it anymore, which made him hit Hamilton on the wheels( :twisted: )
Have you ever driven a real car? When you change gear, does the car suddenly turn right because you only have one hand on the wheel?

NathanOlder

Juzh wrote:
Diesel wrote:
Let the hate flow trough you.
You can talk lol
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

fabian77
fabian77

Diesel wrote:
fabian77 wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:24
Diesel wrote:

Yes because I have live Mercedes Telemetry on my computer :roll: :roll: :roll:

As said it was shown on a replay on tv but as always Sky jumps to Lewis' defense as he never does anything wrong.

Traction

Why would Vettel intentionally ride into the back of Lewis? Was there anything for him to gain?
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

torpor
torpor

Re: 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Hamilton vs Vettel incident

10 seconds panalty for intentionally running into the car in front? During safety car?

Is there anything worse you can do during a formula 1 race? Okay, maybe driving in the wrong direction...

Sorry. I like Vettel. But intentionally running into the car in front is must be disqualification!
No discussion!