2017 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 1-3 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
fabian77
fabian77

Re: 2017 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 1-3 September

GPR-A wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:39
Phil wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:23
He was probably wishing he had been a Ferrari driver in that moment. Simply spectacular crowd, just driving for the wrong team.
That wouldbe a very poor excuse for the poor behaviour of an idiotic crowd. Every country that putsa grand prix, has respectable crowd that cheers the winning driver. These buggers are Sore losers .
Unlike the sporting behaviour from the british crowd cheering when Ferrari had tyre problems at Silverstone, short memory you have.

PlatinumZealot

I don't think the booing had to do with skin colour. They cheered the same man in previous years when he was not fighting directly against Ferrari. But for this year, I feel that Hamilton is their pantomime villian. he is always there annoyingly breaking their dreams race by race.

For my thoughts on Mercedes Vs Ferrari This poor display was borne from a tyre issue for Ferrari. Yes Mercedes had a power advantage, but no way is Ferrari 1 second slower than Mercedes. In coming races Ferrari will be back on top as the best car. When the Ferrari is best Hamilton wins by 2 seconds, When they are equal he wins by 5 seconds, when Ferrari is worse he wins by half a minute.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

NathanOlder

Restomaniac wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 17:01
TAG wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:53
Gothrek wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:44

Tell that to Vettel, haha. How many times did he get booed? Every country is the same man.
Vettel has thrown his car at another driver in frustration. He saw quite a bit of booing after multil2-1. I think he's earned most of the booing he's received.

Restomaniac wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:45
What exactly was the reason for the booing today? No other season other than the Ferraris lost. Poor sportsmanship end of.
1- his skin color
2- that he just overtook Schumaker's record
3- the tifosi today had to suffer through an embarrassing performance
4- the last win at home was in 2010
5- it's tolerated by Ferrari, when they defended their own drive for throwing his car at a competetito
6- the writing is on the wall

There are a lot of reasons.
Indeed but none of them really deserve the booing. As it's not Lewis' fault he is black, brilliant, too good for Ferrari, Ferrari have been crapola at home for almost a decade, didn't ram an opponent off the track and it's going to become a precession again.
Steady on guys, that could sound like there's something wrong with being black. I know thats now whatyou meant but some sensitive people could read it thay way
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Now the hindsight, Ferrari was really lucky in this race because of RedBull penalties. Without penalties I think they would have been in front of Ferraris. I think RedBull may even win the Singapore.

Overall, kudos to Hamilton for the last two weekends. He did what he had to do for the championship. Sumblime driving from him.

As a side note, in my opinion, Mercedes will not be behind Ferraris in any of the coming races. The narrative they are bad in slow circuits coming from the "pre-update" car. Since the update they have been very much equal or better never worse.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

NathanOlder wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 17:20
Restomaniac wrote:
TAG wrote:

Vettel has thrown his car at another driver in frustration. He saw quite a bit of booing after multil2-1. I think he's earned most of the booing he's received.

1- his skin color
5- it's tolerated by Ferrari, when they defended their own drive for throwing his car at a competetito

Indeed but none of them really deserve the booing. As it's not Lewis' fault he is black, brilliant, too good for Ferrari, Ferrari have been crapola at home for almost a decade, didn't ram an opponent off the track and it's going to become a precession again.
Steady on guys, that could sound like there's something wrong with being black. I know thats now whatyou meant but some sensitive people could read it thay way
We get it dont worry. :)

fabian77
fabian77

evered7 wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:01
Great recovery from Vettel. Bottas and Hamilton showing that Mercedes was the car to have here. Kimi should have followed Vettel but he did a Kimi and lost one spot to Ricciardo.

Not sure what is happening with the engines at the moment but Vettel seems pretty confident that they will have a strong end to the season. Something must be cooking in the 4th ICE update for Ferrari.

Bring on Singapore. RB will be in the mix there as well. No one can put a foot wrong anymore.
Ferrari knew they wouldn't win at Monza (unless there was a 50 bhp jump) so no point in stressing an engine to have the same result only finish closer.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

NathanOlder wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 17:20
Restomaniac wrote:
TAG wrote:

1- his skin color

No indeed. There isn't. In fact Lewis needs applauding as he is a brilliant trailblazer.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Gothrek wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:33
Spoutnik wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:31
Phil wrote:
He was probably wishing he had been a Ferrari driver in that moment. Simply spectacular crowd, just driving for the wrong team.

I still think, Vettel may walk away from Singapore being the leader again. Much depends on how strong RedBull will be. We will see though... still a long season ahead.
Mercedes were really slow in 2015 at Singapore but in 2016 Rosberg put a decent performance and in 2014 Lewis did a fantastic job. Overall we can't say it's an anti-Mercedes track
But now they have a longer wheelbase car, which will make Singapore more difficult.
You're right, and it's a really demanding track in term of tires deg, made the tires working correctly in their temp window, tires overheat, brakes overheat things where Mercedes still have issues. Nevertheless Merc still have the hand with their PU, that's why they have a really good traction. To illustrate that we've seen in Baku in the S2 (very similar to Singapore) they were not so off the pace in qualy and in race.

GPR-A duplicate2

fabian77 wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 17:17
GPR-A wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:39
Phil wrote:
That wouldbe a very poor excuse for the poor behaviour of an idiotic crowd. Every country that putsa grand prix, has respectable crowd that cheers the winning driver. These buggers are Sore losers .
Unlike the sporting behaviour from the british crowd cheering when Ferrari had tyre problems at Silverstone, short memory you have.
I am not sure when was Vettel booed in Silverstone? I am sure there was a roar when his tyre blew. Just the same roar that we heard in Malaysia when Lewis' PU went pop. If you are equating that to booing, you probably need to understand what booing near podium means.

More so, Vettel was already a villain with his antics at Baku and if people got excited to see his tyre blew, there is nothing to complain about.

Lewis has always appreciated the crowds coming over to races, thanks them for support, engages with them and instead of enjoying one of the fantastic displays of qualifying and race performance, these sore losers boo him for doing a great job.

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

Spoutnik wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 17:30
Gothrek wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:31

Mercedes were really slow in 2015 at Singapore but in 2016 Rosberg put a decent performance and in 2014 Lewis did a fantastic job. Overall we can't say it's an anti-Mercedes track
But now they have a longer wheelbase car, which will make Singapore more difficult.
You're right, and it's a really demanding track in term of tires deg, made the tires working correctly in their temp window, tires overheat, brakes overheat things where Mercedes still have issues. Nevertheless Merc still have the hand with their PU, that's why they have a really good traction. To illustrate that we've seen in Baku in the S2 (very similar to Singapore) they were not so off the pace in qualy and in race.
Have to disagree about the Baku comment. The track is a street circuit yes but that is where the similarity ends. Baku has crazy long straights and is a much higher speed track overall. Singapore is an acceleration deceleration track IMO. 2 very different tracks. Mercedes will get schooled there.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

digitalrurouni wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 17:50
Spoutnik wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 17:30
Gothrek wrote:

Have to disagree about the Baku comment. The track is a street circuit yes but that is where the similarity ends. Baku has crazy long straights and is a much higher speed track overall. Singapore is an acceleration deceleration track IMO. 2 very different tracks. Mercedes will get schooled there.
I was talking about the S2, a track designed by Tilke, like Singapore, with similar 90 degree corner angle. But of course we can say it will be way hotter at Singapore than at Baku

Enrico shark
Enrico shark

I don't think that the booing was this much of an issue. I'm Italian and here F1 means only one thing: Ferrari. No matter what, every italian citizen has the Rampant Horse beating in his heart. Lewis is a good pilot and I guess that no one can say the opposite, but that is valid only for his skills on the track. Outside the track he has a very bad attitude, and that is one of the reasons because he is so disliked in Italy. And also because he is the one that keeps beating the Ferraris. But I guess that if Vettel wins at Silverstone, the situation would be the same.

Schuttelberg

TAG wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:50
Schuttelberg wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:15
The crowd clearly got to Lewis..
And I for one was perfectly happy to see him stand up to them. The Mercedes PU comment being better, was sublime, just like his performance this weekend.
Everyone knows Mercedes has done an incredible job as has Lewis. It was a bit idiotic of the crowd to boo him. But the Vettel they were cheering today was once booed. The thing with Lewis is that he tries to suck up to the crowds for no reason. He tried, got booed and retaliated. I thought the Merc PU comment was stupid. It's just my opinion though.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Phil

Enrico shark wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 18:10
I don't think that the booing was this much of an issue. I'm Italian and here F1 means only one thing: Ferrari. No matter what, every italian citizen has the Rampant Horse beating in his heart. Lewis is a good pilot and I guess that no one can say the opposite, but that is valid only for his skills on the track. Outside the track he has a very bad attitude, and that is one of the reasons because he is so disliked in Italy. And also because he is the one that keeps beating the Ferraris. But I guess that if Vettel wins at Silverstone, the situation would be the same.

Maybe this would be a topic worth on its own, but i'd be very interested to hear what "bad attitude" you are refering to.

I have been following Hamilton since 2007 and since 2013, he has grown a lot. This is also coming from someone who closely follows the swiss, german and austrian broadcasts where Hamilton has in early years not been a very popular figure. Very different to, i.e. Vettel, Rosberg, Schumacher who get to address the media in their native language. What exactly are you basing this "bad attitude" on? With all due respect, gossip and sensationalist press?

Genuienly interested.

Edit: misquoted attitude for behavior.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Enrico shark
Enrico shark

Well, he always seems kind of cocky. Like he always thinks he is king of the world and lacks of humility. Seb has more WC titles than him and he always remains with his feet on the ground. But I don't blame him for this. He was lucky to be on the right car at the right time and he's enjoying this at the maximum.