2007 driver-lineup

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jaslfc
jaslfc

2007 driver-lineup

ron dennis said that they will be revealing the driver line-up in the next few weeks. http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=118178

it seems that the silly season has begun.. with kimi, shumy, fisi, jv, webber and montoya with no contract for next year there will be a musical chairs going on..
personally.. i think kimi is the key.. whereever he goes.. the rest will fall into place...any ideas?

Tom

I think Michael will have most influence on the others, Kimi: Mclaren, Ferrari, Renault? Montoya: Mclaren, Red Bull? Shumy: Ferrari, Ret? Fisi: Renault, somewhere else? JV: BMW, Ret?

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/2966

I think that there is no possibillity for Schumacher to team up with Raikkonen or Raikkonen to team up with Alonso. It's just not possible to have two drivers like that in one team! That's my opinion. I hope JV will still have a place in F1! He's still so popular and still has 'it' to make it in F1!

Tom

Marlboro are paying alot for a MS/Kimi dream team, but did they not sponsor Mclaren in '89 for their own dream team?

[img]http://images-partners.google.com/image ... a_1989.jpg
[/img]

jaslfc
jaslfc

Suprisingly i havent heard any news about jv frm the bmw camp. looks unlikely he will be retained but hopefully he can outperform heidfield all throughout the season.. so even if he dont get a seat in bmw hopefully some one else will pick him up.

m3_lover

Looks like Monty has a one year deal from Mclaren if he accepts

http://www.gp2006.com/news/controller.p ... s_id=19431[/url]
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

kimi146
kimi146

let kimi and monty be in mclare as fire and ice
thts a good team as the merecedes shows to improve lightly

Jason

But 2005 WDC winner Fernando is coming to Mclaren, either Kimi or Monty must move to give way. But I say Kimi is most likely since his is up for grabs by many teams, most notably Ferrari and Toyota.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

johny

you call fire spinning everywhere?

Tom

Latin hot head.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

f1.redbaron

I was just watching the second practice on SpeedTV when I heard one of their commentators, Bob Varsha, say that one of their reliable sources had told them that Montoya was told that "his services will not be needed next year"!!

I searched several websites to see whether this is true or not but I couldn't find anything. Did anybody hear something about that?

jaslfc
jaslfc

dc to ferrari??
there is now reports of dc goin to ferrari.. I wonder how he will perform there.. i think ferrari needs a consistent driver like dc.. he may not outperform micheal but he will sure rack up alot of points..

jgredline

As a huge JPM fan, I think he needs to go someplace Like Renault where he has a chance at competing for the #1 driver position. At Mclaren he was doomed even before he tested the car. Kimi was Dennis boy and it really shows. It is true he gave up atleast 2 victories last year for kimi.
To finish first, first you must finish.

Scuderia_Russ

jaslfc wrote:dc to ferrari??
there is now reports of dc goin to ferrari.. I wonder how he will perform there.. i think ferrari needs a consistent driver like dc.. he may not outperform micheal but he will sure rack up alot of points..
:lol: :!:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

tarzoon

jaslfc wrote:dc to ferrari??
I wonder if ferrari really want a consistent driver that fights for 6th place. I like Coulthard, but I don't believe he's the perfect man to get lots of points, even if consistency is a key factor nowdays.

I heard some rumors that marlboro may interested in sponsoring mclaren once again (maybe that's why they decided to keep wings red). If that's true, maybe they will also want two extremely competitive drivers, such as Kimi and Alonso.