Whitemarsh stupid comments

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jgredline

Whitemarsh stupid comments

After reading this story http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~McLare ... 131987.htm
It left me wondering, Does this guy really think Alonso is beter than Kimi??
Why would Whitemarsh say something like this in the early or any part of this season. Whitemarsh should ook in the mirror. He will see two faces.
If Alonso were in a Mclaren this year he would be doing no better than Kimi.
To finish first, first you must finish.

Ciro Pabón

Re: Whitemarsh stupid comments

jgredline wrote:Does this guy really think Alonso is beter than Kimi??
Alonso is better than Kimi. Proof: he has beaten him with a lot less money.

Development is a responsability of the driver, too. And McLaren development has been under Kimi spell, as numerous news proclaim. It is easy (and immature, maybe... :oops: ) to put all pressure on engineers and claim you are a victim of the car. This certainly is not the posture adopted by Schumacher, which is a role model in this respect, I believe. If I were working for Räikkonen I would be feed up (or desperate!). Dennis ultra-proud comments don't help either.

Kimi reaction to Montecarlo car failure speaks volumes.

Being a good pilot is very, very different from being a quick pilot. For example, now the that the World Cup is here, being a kicker extraordinaire does not make you a better football player. If you complain about how good you are and how frustrated you are by your team, you are not a very good football player. E-ve-ry time a team wins a championship, some or all of his opponents complain of "bad luck": this is what we call here, with a little tongue-in-cheek, the "luck of the champion". :)

Finally, let's face it: JPM shows that the McLaren car is not as delicate as it is in Kimi's hands. Here, we call this kind of pilots "a lead foot" (I'm trying to translate here, actually, in Colombia we should say something like a "brave leg"). A pilot has to know the weaknesses of his car, as a minimum. As you yourself say: "to finish first, first you have to finish".

Just my two cents... I would find unjust to say that Kimi is a bad pilot. But reality is showing us that he is no better than Alonso, to say the least.
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 14 Jun 2006, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Ciro

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

McLaren really messed it up this year. They have two great drivers and sign the third before the season even starts. They rant about equal chances and so on and on... Then they let one of them know, that he is the second choice before the start of the season. When he complains about something, he is told to shut up. They let him go through all this media circus and do what? Say halfheartedly that he behaves well under the circumstances? Great.

And they try to persuade the other one to stay. But how can he be sure they won't do the same to him next year?

McLaren don't function as a team, that's their greatest problem. They can all work hard, and they do, but they lack that something they need to succeed. The Team spirit. :wink:
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis

manchild
manchild

Kimi has great stamina when it matters not loosing hope after years of problems with crappy engine and amazing speed when his engine is working fine but to see if he can be really good for whole season he'd need car top with reliable engine. I believe he is excelent but bad taking care of engine somehow rings in my head when I compare him with Montoya.

Meanwhile Alonso continues to amaze...
formula1.com wrote:His British win also means he has taken 74 points from a possible 80 so far in 2006 - a scoring rate of 92.5 percent, beating Michael Schumacher’s dominant 2002 and 2004 seasons and surpassing Nigel Mansell’s imperious 1992 campaign.
Having in mind that his car isn't dominant as Mansell's or Schuey's were that makes his achievement even greater (3 drivers from 2 teams won so far in 2006).

Alonso has 5 wins and 3 second places! :shock: That is brilliant score especially compared with Fisichella who was once 1st, one time 5th, 8th, 3rd, 4th and twice 6th. 8 podiums in 8 races while his teammate has 2 (one of those two podiums being worse than any Alonso's result in 2006) :roll:
Last edited by manchild on 14 Jun 2006, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Well spotted Manchild - no doubt Alonso has utterly maximised his equipment in a way that surely marks him as very very special. He seems to take no more out of the car than he needs to win, yet can find every last tenth when he has to.

For sure Kimi is amazing, his race pace and will to take the fight to someone is stunning. I think he deals with the car failures very well, a more fragile person would have started having tantrums by now.........BUT there are clues that maybe he is hard on his equipment and some of the failures aren't entirely down to the car.

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

Well said jgredline !!!!

For a fruitcake to speak on a forum and say such rubbish is a sign of stupidity, no idea itis, drug use or a lack of oxygen to the brain.....BUT for Mr Whip-my-arse-shhhhh to come out with this dribble says much about the team if you ask me....

Is he trying to ride the Renault success on the back of signing Alonso????
Is he dumb enough to think that Alonso is going to fix his mooclaren lemon??
How dumb will he look next year if Alonso can't do it in a moooclaren???

Let’s see the use of these statistics next year!!!

.....in the meantime mclaren are just cashing in on signing Alonso.....By painting Alonso as the "new great one" :lol: will bring the team $$$$, because I don’t think Mr Whipmyarseshhh is silly and I don’t think he believes what he has dribbled!! Just another Sales and Marketing ploy boysss.....or should I say girls!!!

F1 is full of games

manchild
manchild

Hugsunhog, c ya in 2007 :lol:

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

:lol: its a date :D

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

You of all people.....to think this way..... :shock: 's me !!! You seem as blinded by Alonso as some are by Shoie.

mcdenife
mcdenife

Alonso is better than Kimi. Proof: he has beaten him with a lot less money.

Development is a responsability of the driver, too. And McLaren development has been under Kimi spell, as numerous news proclaim. It is easy (and immature, maybe... Embarassed ) to put all pressure on engineers and claim you are a victim of the car. This certainly is not the posture adopted by Schumacher, which is a role model in this respect, I believe. If I were working for Räikkonen I would be feed up (or desperate!). Dennis ultra-proud comments don't help either.
The reasonable conclusion or proof is that Renault made a better car than Mclaren with a lot less money rather than "Alonso has beaten Kimi with a lot less money" common ciro you can do better than this. "Mclaren developement has been under Kimi spell" and "Development is a responsability of the driver" ??? Given that Alonso could do no more with the current Mclaren car, are you implying the current car would be better if they had Alonso?
Finally, let's face it: JPM shows that the McLaren car is not as delicate as it is in Kimi's hands. Here, we call this kind of pilots "a lead foot" (I'm trying to translate here, actually, in Colombia we should say something like a "brave leg"). A pilot has to know the weaknesses of his car, as a minimum. As you yourself say: "to finish first, first you have to finish".
May be what JPM has shown is that the car is not as delicate if driven ultra conservatorilly else how do you explain where they both finished relative to each other last year and where they both are in the current year despite the car APPEARING to be more fragile in Kimi's hands?

What is most amazing though is how you can get from
McLaren CEO Martin Whitmarsh says he is 'happy' with the continued progress of future driver Fernando Alonso and that the Spaniard is already a better driver than when he signed for the team back in December.
and
"We have mixed feelings about how well Fernando is driving at the moment," he told the BBC. "He was never one for making a lot of mistakes, but his performance this year has been quite incredible. It may not feel pleasant now but we are hoping it will feel pleasant this time next year.
To this
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

"The perfect race car crosses the finish line in first place and then falls to pieces." - Ferdinand Porsche
Perhaps Ferdinand is trying to tell you something......"its all in the car"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

mcdenife

A plausible argument......well said......couldn’t have said it better myself....

Sirus Baboon is only a teenager......so you shouldn't be so harsh on him.... :shock: ......

manchild
manchild

Hudsonhawk. wrote:Perhaps Ferdinand is trying to tell you something......"its all in the car"
Expalin Fisichella than... once 1st, one time 5th, 8th, 3rd, 4th and twice 6th. His second best result in 2006 is worse than any Alonso's. His results are denying your theory that Alonso isn't that good.

If you say that Alonso is just good than what is Fisichella? One of the worst on the grid? That isn't the case for sure.

I'm not kind of guy that is fan of drivers but the kid really surprises me in the good way.

dumrick
dumrick

mcdenife wrote:Given that Alonso could do no more with the current Mclaren car, are you implying the current car would be better if they had Alonso?
Of course.

In fact, I agree with Ciro totally.
To be a good driver is different from being a fast driver. I actually can give the reverse example: the McLaren chassis from 1988/89/90 were far from the best design-wise. Their aero lack of efficiency was obvious when you saw the amount of wing they ran, compared to the competition. What they had were very good engines (Honda V6 Turbo/V12/V10) and great development drivers (Senna, Prost...) that were able to feedback the engineers with precise development orientations...

The biggest challenge nowadays is even to provide two different drivers with a chassis suited to both of them. The basic commitments in chassis design (weight balance, suspension geometry) can only be optimized for ONE driver's driving style.
The other guy is either a creative and adaptable driver or he will miss always the final tenths of improvement... that's called the JPM / Fisichella / Massa syndrome...

Spencifer_Murphy

[/quote]What is most amazing though is how you can get from Quote:
McLaren CEO Martin Whitmarsh says he is 'happy' with the continued progress of future driver Fernando Alonso and that the Spaniard is already a better driver than when he signed for the team back in December.
and Quote:
"We have mixed feelings about how well Fernando is driving at the moment," he told the BBC. "He was never one for making a lot of mistakes, but his performance this year has been quite incredible. It may not feel pleasant now but we are hoping it will feel pleasant this time next year.

To this Quote:

I have to agree...I wouldn't call his comments stupid at all. He is simply saying that Fernando has become a better driver this year thats all.

BUT, personally I do think Fernando is better than Kimi. Not nessecarily faster, but I believe he's a little more team orientated (more of a schumi within the team) than Kimi is, and I do believe Kimi has a slight habbit of over driving the car.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.