US GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
flynfrog

US GP

Whos going and who wants to go

8)

mini696

Not me, but I wish I could.

Tom

want to,

Tip, bring rotten fruit
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

flynfrog

there is a reason i refuse to buy michelen tires

ps i have an extra ticket

Tom

flynfrog wrote:
ps i have an extra ticket
Remember how nice I've always been to you and how I defended your opinion that time...
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

weisler
weisler

I'll be there all weekend to enjoy the (most likely) last USGP at indy, :(

Venom
Venom

I assume Ferrari will win because they have good top speed, and 1/2 of that track is straight. I'm just guessing... Milion other factors matter, one of them is Renaults everyday improved car.

We all want to go :p
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

flynfrog

weisler wrote:I'll be there all weekend to enjoy the (most likely) last USGP at indy, :(
ill be there on thursday

i realy hope its not the last its a great place to hold a race if it leaves we can only hope for laguna seca just being able to wath an f1 car go down the corkscrew would be worth having to race in the middle of the desert

Hey Tom i can pick you up from the airport

Tom

I love the oval part of the indy but the infield is just crap. Its not worth watching at all and the drivers certainly don't enjoy it. I'd rather see them do the whole oval.

flynfrog

Tom wrote:I love the oval part of the indy but the infield is just crap. Its not worth watching at all and the drivers certainly don't enjoy it. I'd rather see them do the whole oval.
the front strech is amazing

anybody who truly loves cars should come just to watch a car go by on the front strech simply amazing

oh and the sound

also the indy cars there sound amazing

Sodder
Sodder

I'll be there fo sho...
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

Ted68

Nope, won't be able to go. And though I think Long Beach would make the best USGP, with Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta (the full course at VIR?) close seconds, I don't think this is the last Indy for F1.

f1.redbaron

There is a very good chance I'll be about an hour away from IMS during that weekend, so I was thinking of going to see that race as well. It's not that expensive, and it is close, so I might as well go. But, I don't know the circuit. What is the best place to watch the race.

I've been looking at the North/Northwest Vista/Grandstand J..are those good places?

Thanks

P.S. What is the difference between a platform and a deck at the IMS?

flynfrog

we will be sitting on the northwest vista pretty good spot and cheap too depends on what you want to see the cars at full song sit along the front strech cars out braking eachother sit at the end of it there realy isnt a bad seat in the whole place. If you are there on friday or saterday go to the infeild and sit in the grass and walk around. Also a ferrari club parks all of there cars accros the street

i still have another ticket first person to hand me some money can have it

if you need to fly in ill pick you up at the airport

the deck is the lower level the platform is the second teir of stands or vis versa i cant rember this early in the morning (was at a dirt track race all night)

flynfrog

looks like i got work off for friday so ill be out there for friday saterday and sunday :D

looking forward to a great race if canada was any indicator

how many michelin cars end up into the wall on indy 2