Fisi to stay an extra year

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jaslfc
jaslfc

Fisi to stay an extra year

I guess briatore sees something in fisi that we all dont!!
He has signed for one more year.. I think this further hints on the arrival of Kovalainen to the team and they want an experience driver next to him.. and kimi to ferrari. Coz i personally think if kimi goes to renault itll be a all finnish line-up

manchild
manchild

Renault should better give money to charity than to compete in F1 with Fisichella as first driver. Completely idiotic move. Great engine and aero won’t help them now :(

1 Fernando Alonso 133
5 Giancarlo Fisichella 58

1 Fernando Alonso 74
4 Giancarlo Fisichella 32

:roll:

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

Briatore gets a cut of fish's pay. Who else would want him!!! Pocket linning if you ask me!!!

If it isnt the above, could it be that alonso is favoured.....and perhaps next year the tide will turn to fish.....hmmmm

This doesnt change my opinion that fish is a lemon though.

manchild
manchild

HH, I thought about that too... BUT, if Fisichella isn't able to figure out that Alonso is favoured than what kind of driver is he? I mean not being able to tell that his car is crappy?

Seriously, I think that Renault as manufacturer gives them same cars because WCC is more imortant to them than WDC.

wowf1
wowf1

Dear oh dear Renault! How on earth did Fisi's management pull this one off? Maybe Fisi is paying for his drive? He couldn't pay me enough if it was my team! I'd rather have someone like Gary Paffett, De la Rosa, or Klien.

We already know that whatever team mate he has, he will get trounced.

And also, I'm not sure I can stand any more 'Fisi bigging himself up' campaigns. I'm sick of him talking up his chances at every GP and then finishing 5th or whatever. GO AWAY!

Principessa

I think this is a bad move of Renault. I'm sure Flavio pushed it through and it's possible that he won't be around next season himself.
If Heikki teams up with Fisico I hope Kovalainen will outpace the Italian every race!

Fisico can never beat Alonso or Schumi or Kimi! He's just not agressive enough and not good enough. This is his best season so far, but I only saw him driving strong and agressive at Monaco and there he was a bit too agressive when he overtook DC. :roll:

Scuderia_Russ

Would be Kovalainnen and Webber if I had my way, taking the risk to swap both drivers rather than have Fissi for another year. At least we will have Fissi as a good barometer against Kovalainen's abilities.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

Seriously, I think that Renault as manufacturer gives them same cars because WCC is more imortant to them than WDC.
Okay.....so is it that flav gets a cut of something rather than a cut of nothing that he has con'ed renault into fish.......because who else in their right mind would sign fish??

If this doesnt smell of a rat somewhere than michael never "parked it at monaco" !!!

Just my thoughts, but what would eye know???

j4kwan
j4kwan

Strictly speaking of driver quality, I think keeping Fisi a safe move for Renault. Grant it, he isn't as good as Alonso, but i'm sure Renault don't need two new drivers with incidents like Barrichello and Honda this early year.

manchild
manchild

HH, I really think that Flavio can't make any big decision before Ghosn and Renault Group shareholders put on the green light.

Well, whoever gets to be second driver (hopefully Heikki, JPM or Kimi) will blow away Fisischella just as Alonso did, so perhaps he'll get sacked after several GP's of 2007. I'd like to see Heikki as rookie doing that.. oh boy that would be fun to watch! :twisted:

dumrick
dumrick

Actually, I still believe GF to be a lot better than has appeared in these years at Renault. Maybe his driving style is very diverse from Fernando's and he can't cope with more rear-biased CG's... or maybe he is one of those sportsmen that are very good until the moment they crack when see that have the conditions to win...

Anyhow, I cannot trash GF the way you do. There are so many variables that we can't be aware of... if next year he has the team around him, a car designed thinking about his driving style and fails again, then I'll join you guys! :wink:

jaslfc
jaslfc

saam.. this is a forum. a place for us to voice our opinions.. so if u dont like it.. why do u come here? yes i agree that some comments made may not be of my liking and similarly some of my comments are not liked by others.. but we dont care coz its all about discussing a sport we love.. so if u dont have any thing to say related to f1. dont post it

wowf1
wowf1

dumrick, what you say may be true, that there could be things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. However, the bottom line is that GF has not delivered. No ifs, buts or maybes, he hasn't.

It only takes 10 seconds of pit-to-car radio to figure out that the Renault engineers feel the same. They sound fed up of him! Their tone of voice is like 'Oh god why didn't they make me Alonso's engineer!' At least we know this will be his last season FOR SURE with Renault. It would be insanity to sign him again for 2008.

manchild
manchild

Yep!

“You've got the same fuel load as Fernando, you cannot be two seconds slower!”

"You've got 8 kph over him on the straight... Come on, this is pay back for Suzuka!"

ketanpaul

i think you people are really becoming harsh on Fisico. sure, he has rarely outpaced alonso, he couldnt pull through kimi at silverstone, and countless times he has failed to drive responsibly.
But the thing is that next year when the whole team is revolving around him, car is upto his expectations and he is not afraid of his teammate, I am very very very sure that he might just be the world champion or atleast give a real tough fight to others. He has shown some brilliant driving in the past, the only thing he doesnt have is consistency, which will come when he is the number one.
But if he performance doesnt increase next year, he deserves a tight slap from Flavio as Flav has shown beleif in him by doing this deal and it will be backstabbing if Fisico cant be in the race for the title.