McLaren is F1's biggest spender

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jgredline

McLaren is F1's biggest spender

To finish first, first you must finish.

Tom

Interestingly, though, Phillip Morris' sponsorship of Ferrari - at $97m a year - amounts to more than the annual budget of any of the final three teams.
Phillip Morris? I've never heard of them, obviously paying too much!
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

jaslfc
jaslfc

u dont know philip morris? you being sacastic rite?

for whoever who dont know. its malboro's parent company

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

Re: McLaren is F1's biggest spender

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feel the pain Ron, feel the pain :lol: :lol: :lol:

janus
janus

philip morris sells malboro john player special ect just like brithis americam sell lucky strikes and sponsor honda

just one thing fiat is ready to buy ferrari back and the question his the ferrari budget is getting biger next year or not

i realy think is geting biger ,renault and ferrari have a more a like budget and are on the top ,for mi the budget limit that max mosley whant to put in f1 is right

tetopelis
tetopelis

ferrari maybe..not renault. ranault is a case of a good team using its resources effectively and efficently..therefore reducing the amount it pumps in for its campegin every year
ferrari spends as they want
mclaren spend cos they always somehow make a mistake at the start of the season so they pump in so much just to get things back rite again(bar last year went they did not spend as much as usual..extra cos came out of replacing all those broken engines.)
" If you want to win, get a Finn" - Hakkinen

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

tetopelis wrote: ferrari spends as they want

On the car, so does Renault, while McLaren/BMW/Redbull/Toyota have all their other PR stuff they are spending on.....

Tom

u dont know philip morris? you being sacastic rite?

for whoever who dont know. its malboro's parent company
Not being sarcastic, honestly didn't know and know I've found out, finding it hard to care. F1, a sport which has for many years strived to make everyone as safe as possible, shouldn't be advertising such dangerous things.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

dumrick
dumrick

Tom wrote:F1, a sport which has for many years strived to make everyone as safe as possible, shouldn't be advertising such dangerous things.
Like cars (than run over people), energy drinks (that are suspected to be responsible for deaths when mixed with alcohol), computers (that are used by terrorists to plan attacks), gasoline (used in crime to burn people and things)... :D

Spencifer_Murphy

Like cars (than run over people), energy drinks (that are suspected to be responsible for deaths when mixed with alcohol), computers (that are used by terrorists to plan attacks), gasoline (used in crime to burn people and things)...
All a little bit more indirect than smoking dont you think? lol :lol:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

MIB
MIB

Tom wrote:F1, a sport which has for many years strived to make everyone as safe as possible, shouldn't be advertising such dangerous things.
Do you live in a nutshell? for how many years have you followed F1?
MIB

manchild
manchild

dumrick wrote:
Like cars (than run over people), energy drinks (that are suspected to be responsible for deaths when mixed with alcohol), computers (that are used by terrorists to plan attacks), gasoline (used in crime to burn people and things)... :D
At least computers and gasoline have many good sides but cigarettes and energy drinks have none. I agree with Tom that tobacco advertising in F1 seams archaic and not belonging there anymore. F1 drivers are involved in charity actions; they are idols of children and teenagers so seeing tobacco logos all over clothes of idol driver and his car certainly gives impression that smoking isn’t that bad.

Tom

I have now folled F1 for more than 1/2 my life (8 years) and I live in a house. Willams have proved that teams can get along without fags advetising fags. It really annoys me to see kids with marlboro emblazed on their hats, energy drinks annoy me but I can stand them, although I don't know why, I drink water, little else.

Crabbia
Crabbia

well i heard that a full EU ban on smoking adveritsing (not just sponsoships but in all media) is about to go thru so i think the tabbacco companies will be forced to pull out since it's give or take half the racing calendar. (maybe that's why bernie, in cosultation with lucifer thru his oijie board, had the foresight to start having more races in countries that have lax advertising laws)

Personaly i smoke, i drink energy drinks on long drives and I love the smell of petrol. All of these things can kill you but they have good sides too. Energy drinks ensure i dont fall asleep at the wheel and kill poeple, cigarettes ensure i don't get road rage and kill people and petrol allows me to drive away from people who wanna kill me (i live in SA, hi-jack avoidance training comes as a matter of experience). and it just smells so good early on a cold june morning. All good things.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

MIB
MIB

-there are places where people hasnt seen an f1 car and begin to smoke and drink when they are children. (not my case but close). thats harmful, not dangerous; harmful is getting drunk, dangerous is getting drunk and drive.
-smoking has killed a lot of people, but it is our choice to smoke, wearing a marlboro t-shirt hasnt killed anyone.
-tobacco industry has helped f1 to be in the place it is today, i'd guess that at least 50% of the total cost of development in f1 has been sponsored by cigarrette brands.
-in the good old days when you could be sponsored by -almost- anyone we saw heroes driving the JhonPlayerSpecial, Gaugloisses, Mild Seven, Marlboro cars and no one thought it was bad, not until now.
-By the way, Williams was sponsored by Winfield until 1999.
-the responsibility of being a good example to follow rests on the drivers, not the ads.
MIB