Canadian GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

Canadian GP

Anyone noticed Toyota's CF ring falling off? Imagine what can happen if it would roll off in the crowd? Hope FIA bans this because of safety (Flexy wings are already banned and Schuey is 1 sec slower) :mrgreen:

dumrick
dumrick

My thoughts exactly, Manchild. It's impressive how much competiveness Ferrari seems to have lost because they cannot explore their little "rules loophole" anymore.
However, is interesting to check that top speed-wise, Ferrari keeps on top...

Crabbia
Crabbia

Re: Canadian GP

manchild wrote: (Flexy wings are already banned and Schuey is 1 sec slower)
I'd hate to spoil your party but ferrari where still the fastest through the speed traps in all but one sector in quali... get back to work charlie...
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

manchild
manchild

That's because stalling diffusers are still not banned :mrgreen:

vyselegend

Anyone knows what happened to Webber? Did he really post such a deceiving time, or did he miss to put a clean lap?

OT- Can I have help in english? Twice time the F1 live timing wrote the Ferraris pitted for "scrubbed" tyres. In my little french/english dictionnary, to scrub means-->brosser ( to brush ). So I'm a little confused here. Does it means new tyres or to the contrary runned in (used) tyres? Thanks for your help...

JimmyK
JimmyK

Anyone knows what happened to Webber? Did he really post such a deceiving time, or did he miss to put a clean lap?
He was held up by Rosberg (of all people, wouldn't have been deliberate though), he was just a tad annoyed about that.

Brush wouldn't really match with scrub, in real life, scrub would probably translate to -to clean- in F1 terms though, I think it's tyres that have already been used a little bit so they have already been through a lap or two (though I think that's heat cycling).

Anyone got a proper definition?

manchild
manchild

I think that those are tyres used for lap or two during friday free practices (not sure though).

Tp
Tp

Get ready for total domination of a Grand prix by Alonso (again), thanks to the incompetence of the Bridgestone's (also again).

johny

:lol: if ferrari is good-> we have a good car if it goes bad -> f***** bridgestones

FLC
FLC

Anybody knows why MS was so slow in the second sector? His times were very competitive in the first and third sectors. Did he make a mistake or is it down to poor setup?

vyselegend

Ok, thanks, I think I get it. They were saving new sets for tomorow...
FLC wrote:Anybody knows why MS was so slow in the second sector? His times were very competitive in the first and third sectors. Did he make a mistake or is it down to poor setup?
That is precisely what I find surprising, considering what has just been said. Both Ferrari drivers complained about lack of grip, escpecially for the first lap, so this is strange they didn't choose to use a new set of tyre to cope with it. I guess they were sticking with their already planned strategy (keep new sets for the race).

FLC
FLC

I dont remember where, but I read that Bridgestone brought tires similar to those used in Monaco. Maybe Ferrari are afraid of "Imola style graining", since its gonna be pretty hot on sunday.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

vyselegend wrote:Anyone knows what happened to Webber? Did he really post such a deceiving time, or did he miss to put a clean lap?

OT- Can I have help in english? Twice time the F1 live timing wrote the Ferraris pitted for "scrubbed" tyres. In my little french/english dictionnary, to scrub means-->brosser ( to brush ). So I'm a little confused here. Does it means new tyres or to the contrary runned in (used) tyres? Thanks for your help...
"Scrubbed" tires are tires that have a few laps on them. Usually they are brand new tires run for just three or four laps. The disadvantage is they have gone through one heat cycle and will never have the potential to put in a very quick lap. The advantage is that they are a known quantity (a "good" set), and since they have experienced one heat cycle, have better longevity. The best way to use up tires quickly is to immediately run as hard as possible while brand new (stickers), and get them very hot, and push them constantly to their limit. Of course, that is the usual cycle of a GP tire. But if scrubbed tires are used, they immediately fall into consistent lap times, and degrade less.
That ring that fell of the Toyota should be banned. It could have killed someone.

m3_lover

I am expecting some drivers to smack into the last corner wall as usual lol
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

johny

that carbon ring is both suspicious and dangerous