Kimi Vs Alonso

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

Kimi Vs Alonso

Will Kimi earn more than Alonso in 2007?

Stay tuned.......

Jason

What is this all about? :?
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Dooh, let's see, do you pay more for a (most likely) two time World Champion that seems to have all the tools and makes few mistakes, or pay for a very quick and talented driver who has challenged, but never won the title?
Next question, please.

What's worth more, a pound of gold, or a pound of feathers?

Scuderia_Russ

Jason wrote:What is this all about? :?
Classic!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Spencifer_Murphy

I was waiting for a reply to that comment!!! lmao :lol:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

johny

shumi should give him a tip

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

Kimi Raikkonen is on the verge of accepting a Michael Schumacher-like salary to drive for Renault next year, according to press reports.

AS in Spain writes that the Finn has staggeringly been offered four times the annual salary of the departing Fernando Alonso for 2007 and beyond. McLaren-bound Alonso is estimated to earn about $9.5m this year.

But the journalist wondered: "Why didn't they offer this money to Alonso and then keep the top driver in formula one (beyond 2006)?"

McLaren-Mercedes' Norbert Haug, meanwhile, warned 26-year-old Raikkonen against chasing the supposed top seat in F1.

The German told Motorsport Aktuell: "Who says that in 2007 Renault will still have the best package?"
Not only does his bull fighting prance make him look dumb.....but this now seals the deal.....ABOUT AS SMART AS A BULL !!!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

because of one simple reason he is the best , even with a bad car he is doing a very good job, given him a good car nobody can stop him ...
he is the best :D

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

ss.vamskirijhhjhdsfhsrisha,

wow......good to see you have such a broad and analytical (perhaps only the first syllable applies in analytical) view....."the best" is definately why !!! DEFINATELY

have a happy day :lol:

RH1300S
RH1300S

You know why Renault will offer Kimi more money than Fernando is getting?

My humble opinion.........

Renault lost FA because they wouldn't commit to a long term future in F1 (things have changed now, but think back to when the Mclaren deal was done). FA went to McLaren because they gave him a better long term view than the Renault were going to.

As of now; Renault have decided they like F1 and they find themselves without a top line driver. Luckily there is one looking for a team right now...........luckily for that driver he is good enough (very much so 8) ) that many teams want him. So, he's going to cost more..........

Simple really. Supply & demand & timing.

Nothing to do with relative talent.

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

Mr hawk or cock whatever ,it does not matter what u think
if u have lot of anal.... skill dont show it here , this is not the place to show
bye cock.... :wink:

NickT

RH1300S wrote:Renault lost FA because they wouldn't commit to a long term future in F1 (things have changed now, but think back to when the Mclaren deal was done). FA went to McLaren because they gave him a better long term view than the Renault were going to.
RH1300S I think you have summed it up perfectly. However, I would also add that FA did not give Renault a chance to counter the McLaren bid. He negotiated and concluded the deal alone, without Flav who is also his manager as well as his team boss. I am pretty sure that if Renault had the opportunity they would have certainly matched the McLaren offer.

Finally, how do you think Fernando will get on at McLaren? He is a passionate and emotional personality, I am not sure that the cold clinical professionalism of Ron's team will suit him, in the same way it certainly doesn't suit the Monsta's Latin charactor.
NickT

RH1300S
RH1300S

I really think Alonso jumped to McLaren because Renault were very much giving the impression they may leave F1 - I'm sure money had very little to do with it.

Alonso in McLaren? - he will just get on with the job. I really think he's the sort of guy you could stick anywhere and he will deliver his best (same with Kimi BTW ;))

I do wonder just how much Renault talent may follow him across to Woking 'though :idea: Could be a few of them........ :twisted:

Ciro Pabón

Hudsonhawk. wrote:wow......good to see you have such a broad and analytical (perhaps only the first syllable applies in analytical) view ...have a happy day :lol:
Hudson, my man, the first syllable of an•a•lyt•i•cal is "an". Maybe you meant the first two and a third syllables, if I catch your drift. Don't you people have Word or Internet to use it on your perennial quest for grammatical perfection? :lol:

About the topic, I thought the claims by Renault of "no interest on continuing" were a bit hollow. Every other car brand is busting its collective nuts off to catch on F1 fever, why would they resign such an advantageous position? Maybe Briatore was bluffing to get cheaper personnel and it backfired?
Ciro

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - and fishing isnt a hobby of mine !!

supply and demand maybe but it definately highlights Alonso's lack of intelligence and business sense. He is world champion.....what young world champ would be left without a drive.....its a no-brainer!!