BMW better than Williams?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RH1300S
RH1300S

BMW better than Williams?

Speaking as someone who really wanted BMW to go off and fail and for Williams to show them how it should be done..............

I have to admit that BMW seem to be doing a solid job this year, steady improvement.

Is this a case of us seeing the fruits of Sauber's investments and a good dose of German engineering or will Williams out perform BMW in the long run?

Are the BMW drivers actually better than the Williams pairing :twisted: ?

Let's try to leave flexi wings out of this please :wink:

Principessa

Williams was eyeing strong during winter testing and they have a good car and good drivers, especially Mark Webber, but they really have reliability problems and a lot of problems with their Cosworth engines. BMW on the other hand has...according to me 2 very good, fast drivers who give a lot of feedback to the engineers. They have good engineers on board and they keep on developing the car. So in the first half of the season I have to say that BMW does a lot better than Williams! They are more reliable and at the moment faster.

zac510
zac510

Williams have certainly missed the chance to get ahead of BMW in the WCC.

j4kwan
j4kwan

I see BMW-Sauber as just having a solid team/company stucture, just as Sauber Petronas always have had when Peter Sauber was around. I think Peter is much like Todt. They both know how to create and nurture a team foundation; Everyone's mind is on the team goal, not personal gains (like money..ahem Gascoyne..cough cough! or glory.)

If BMW keeps this going, they will be on the front grid in no time. If they don't, it doesn't matter how much $ they put into R&D, nothing will come of it. Look at the structural imbalances at Toyota, Honda, McLaren, Williams when personel leave (for glory, or $) or when the company fires and hires so seasonally for quick results....bad bad bad

NickT

Williams certainly had the potential, but a lack of funding (compaired to BMW) restricting their relative development and some unfortunate reliability problems from their engine installation lost them valuable points. Williams seem to have a very much all or nothing package where as BMW have a slow but steadily increasing performance package that is now beginning to generate points concistantly.

Much as it pains me to say it, my money would unfortunately have to go on BMW
NickT

johny

Bmw is getting better and better, in the last races they've been always in the points being the 4th team, hope they'll keep going on for next year and make us enjoy a little

PNSD
PNSD

They are better than Toyota, Honda and Williams atm!