Monty no good any more?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Absolutley loved those moves on MS, brilliant stuff.

Ciro Pabón

El Tiempo says Juan Montoya is going to Williams again... (in spanish). Thought you may want to know.

http://eltiempo.terra.com.co/depo/depof ... 78412.html

You may have notice I have been conspicuously absent of this thread. I will not go as low as to discuss if Don Juan Pablo is a pilot. I do not know if good or bad, but a pilot he is. I know pilots, being myself a navigator for many years now.

I am curious: can you tell me how many pilots you think there are and how many that are something different (professionals, stars, drivers, winners, dedicated teammates, sportsmen, etcetera)? :wink:
Ciro

Tom

Depend on your definitions, for example, there is a fine line between dedicated team-mate and personnal gimp! Frankly the people I like watching are either the fair drivers who drive their socks (lucky underwear) off every race, those drivers that just do it, get on with it and are a pleasure to watch, (Alonso and Loeb immediatly spring to mind, they hardly turn the damn wheel!) and enthusiastic ammatures, not nessicerally in F1, but people who don't care about winning or getting a girlfriend etc but just enjoy motorsport and live it as fully as possible, whatever their budget they will find a way to participate in some way. I'm usually modest but in this post I'll be honest and say I place myself firmly in the latter catafory. I have nothing to prove or achieve through F1 and racing I just love it, Jimmy Clark described these people well at the end of his autobiography and i was pleased to hear that these are the people who he most enjoys racing against.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Ciro Pabón wrote:El Tiempo says Juan Montoya is going to Williams again... (in spanish). Thought you may want to know.

http://eltiempo.terra.com.co/depo/depof ... 78412.html

You may have notice I have been conspicuously absent of this thread. I will not go as low as to discuss if Don Juan Pablo is a pilot. I do not know if good or bad, but a pilot he is. I know pilots, being myself a navigator for many years now.

I am curious: can you tell me how many pilots you think there are and how many that are something different (professionals, stars, drivers, winners, dedicated teammates, sportsmen, etcetera)? :wink:
Not sure what you mean by Pilot? Maybe Pilote?

Let's run with...........

Juan Pablo Montoya
Fernando Alonoso
Michelle Mouton
Nigel Mansell
Jean Claude Andruet
Tazio Nuvorarli
Gilles Villenueve
Jean Ragnotti
Jean Alesi

In no particular order.............. :twisted:

Lots of Frenchies in there :D

Ciro Pabón

RH1300S wrote:In no particular order.............. :twisted:

Lots of Frenchies in there :D
After the sad day I witnessed today, I have to say you are totally right, RH. Montoya was a total moron. What a shame!

It seems I have to swallow each and every one of my words. Just when I "went out" of a steady career as a neutral guy and started to complain about Montoya being bashed, he goes and bump Raikkonen in the back...

Actually, I still think he does not deserve it, but he is steadily and ardously earning your light and amateurish critic (I am one of the guys that contradicts Manchild on Schumi and Hudsonhawk on Alonso as a matter of principle...) But, I better go back to neutral as fast as I can. :cry: Definitely, I'll stick to my safe and sound custom: only cheer for dead guys.

Oh, and I guess you mean a "Piloto" not a "Pilote" (is that french?), dear RH1300. Nice list there, BTW, but I wonder if Montoya deserves to be on it, at least for the next couple of weeks... Still different from a driver, whatever you think. Yarr, me matey, those landlubbers! :wink:

Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 03 Jul 2006, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ciro

Venom
Venom

Very dissapointed with Montoya today! He was so hungry, couldn't even let Kimi have the chance.

If McLarens stayed in the race it would be a lot more interesting and I'll be enjoying seeing Kimi giving Alonso hard time! :twisted:
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

jgredline

Ciro
I know what you mean
To finish first, first you must finish.

Venom
Venom

jgredline wrote:Ciro
I know what you mean
Me too...

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

I can't be neutral since my friend made this avatar for me. :lol:
So I feel obliged to say that this one incident doesn't mean he has to be blamed for all past incidents.
But this accident should never happen... :cry:
I just hope Monty can finally put his acts together and get a good result he so desperately needs.

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

The race stewards have decided that no action is necessary over the first corner accidents that marred the United States Grand Prix.

The drivers involved in the two separate crashes were asked to report to the stewards after the race for an investigation into the incidents.

But after interviewing Mark Webber and Christian Klien over their accident, and Kimi Raikkonen and Juan Pablo Montoya over theirs, the stewards decided that both were racing accidents.

Ciro Pabón

Ignis Fatuus wrote:But after interviewing Mark Webber and Christian Klien over their accident, and Kimi Raikkonen and Juan Pablo Montoya over theirs, the stewards decided that both were racing accidents.
I wonder if those stewards are blind or if my guide dog did not see it well... actually, on the TV I saw Montoya disappear to the left of the screen (not that I was expecting those camera guys to take the action, they never do) maybe 30 kph faster than Kimi. My first thought was "what an a**", even before I saw any accident.

Of course, there could be a reason for doing that, for example, that the turbo stuck, or that he was waving to somebody on the stands, or maybe the aliens... I cannot wait for the excuse, errr, I mean, the reason he gave, and the video of it.
Ciro

Venom
Venom

He should soon realised that "--- doesn just happen" at least not always.

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

jgredline

Ciro
I know what you mean
me tooooooooo.........

.....HE'S BACK PEDALLING AGAIN!! Now all you have to do is run over yourself......a feat only the pabon of baboons can perform. :shock:

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

wonder if those stewards are blind or if my guide dog did not see it well... actually, on the TV I saw Montoya disappear to the left of the screen (not that I was expecting those camera guys to take the action, they never do) maybe 30 kph faster than Kimi. My first thought was "what an a**", even before I saw any accident.
Well, I must say probably I am blind, but I didn't see Montoya doing anything like that. At least when he was behind Kimi he wasn't any quicker. I saw him brake late and hit Räikkönen's car. As they say, you can't talk out of something you can't brake out of (sorry if it doesn't make sense - it might be lost in translation ... :) ). So I think he had to give the stewards a good reason.

Official McLaren version is Montoya was squeezed by Button, who in turn was squeezed by Heidfeld. He did have the outer wheels on the grass, locked the brakes and hit Kimi, who braked early to stay out of trouble. The collision between Montoya and Button was unavoidable even before - that's what they say.

Without a look from above it was hard to see what really happened. But it definitely shouldn't happen.
:(

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Montoya had nowhere to go because Button was overtaking on the outside, Kimi braked and Montoya ended up in the back of him, then because of the close proximity of the other cars all hell breaks lose.

All of you saying it was Montoya's fault.... What do you know? Only the drivers out their at the time know what truely went on, the crappy TV camera shots show nothing.... I thought some of you guys might be a bit smarter than that :roll: