Monty no good any more?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
peroa
peroa

KR slows down twice:

1st time he lets Barrichelo through. That is into corner 1.
2nd time he lifts for corner 2, as does Barrichelo infront of him because they are both on the curb and for both the corner is tighter to take as they are on the inside.

If you compare the speed of Barri and KR and their respective distance it is always about the same (you can see it also in KR`s onboard).

BUT there is no sudden braking or whatever from KR side. Compare all the camera`s available. He lets Barri through and follows him through corner 2.

You seem to get the impression of KR dramatically slowing down because the other cars are not slowing down when approaching turn 2, because they are busy with themselves.
Easy on the Appletini!

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

I did watch it quite few times to make sure and what I think is that Kimi brakes earlier and harder than Barrichello and he already is a bit slower. Montoya unfortunately had other things to worry about at the moment than this little brake test and with outer wheels on the grass there was not much chance to avoid it.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

KR slowed unexpectedly, there was no reason to slow down in that corner... not for grip or taking the corner reasons anyway. Apparently he slowed to stay out of trouble? Well there wasn't much going on infront of him... there was a nice car length worth of track...

pyry
pyry

i have a 160mb 10 in version of the start, if somebody has a place where i could post it it would give a much better perspective of the incident. open to suggestions
four rings to rule them all

peroa
peroa

Monty no good any more?

Well, it definitely seems so...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... s&id=53033

Nascar it is for 2007...
Easy on the Appletini!

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

Some people want to race......Some people want to play follow the leader!!!

I dont think much of Nascarts but atleast his talent will shine in the wheel to wheel racing that this series provides.

manchild
manchild

He is out, it is official. Indy 2006 was his last race in F1. Pedro will drive at French GP and during the rest of the season.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/stories/20 ... toya.shtml

blue

i'm sorry to montoya's fans.
i think it's really good taht he's out from mclaren right now.i was really disappoint by what hedid in the us gp. 8 wasreally a nicestart for kimi but he ruin itr in the 0 lap!!!!!!
iceman