Villeneuve eyes NASCAR switch

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jgredline

Villeneuve eyes NASCAR switch

To finish first, first you must finish.

m3_lover

ya he should go there, his career is over in F1 since last year.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

jgredline

I think it would be pretty cool to see what an F1 guy can do in a stock car

m3_lover

Johnny Herbert was considering it last year to race in a stock car, but jeff gordon did drive a f1 car and I believe he was 2 or 1.5 seconds off the pace of JPM in a BMW williams
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

jgredline

Jeff Gordon was appx 1 second of the pace. When you consider that it was his first time in a F1 car and with only seven hot laps that was incredible.
JPM struggled more to keep the pace with Jeff grodon in the stock car

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I have concerns just why Jacques would discusss this type of subject at this time of year. Not unless he's certain Kubica is destined to race for BMW next year.
It sounds crazy but this isn't totally BS. Jacques raced many years in the US under Formula Atlantic, and CART. And he had success on ovals there. So he's not a stranger to the "turn left" crowd, and has a very good idea of just what animal oval track racing is. And in a NASCAR environment he can pursue certain tracks and goals, like winning The Brickyard, NA$CAR's holy grail race at Indianapolis. And no one can claim a title in F1, CART, and NASCAR.

jgredline

DaveKillens wrote:I have concerns just why Jacques would discusss this type of subject at this time of year. Not unless he's certain Kubica is destined to race for BMW next year.
It sounds crazy but this isn't totally BS. Jacques raced many years in the US under Formula Atlantic, and CART. And he had success on ovals there. So he's not a stranger to the "turn left" crowd, and has a very good idea of just what animal oval track racing is. And in a NASCAR environment he can pursue certain tracks and goals, like winning The Brickyard, NA$CAR's holy grail race at Indianapolis. And no one can claim a title in F1, CART, and NASCAR.
dave
That would be pretty cool actually. One thing that JV never lacked was testasterone. If he can pull off a feat and become a champion in Nascar that would be him in a class with Mario Andretti

Ted68

Well look at what Boris Said has done in the last two Nascar races. Jacques would be an interesting team mate there. Personally, I'd like to see him at Williams with JPM or Button, but that isn't happening. I don't think he's washed up as a GP driver, though. Interesting scenario.