the most unluckiest driver in 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FEAR-ME
FEAR-ME

the most unluckiest driver in 2006

personally i think mark webber has to be the unluckiest driver this year, him seems to never catch the breaks something always seems to happen to him car breaks down, gets taken out, etc.

i don't say this just as a aussie either.

m3_lover

I thought Jarno Trulli would be, becuase every race so far, something has broke, be it the engine or the steering wheel.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

NickT

Unluckiest driver - Mark Webber
Unluckiest team - Midland, the victims of Super Aguri's banzi overtaking maneovers
NickT

RH1300S
RH1300S

I would agree that Webbo has been unluckiest.......others have had equal bad luck, but when Webbo's bad luck strikes he always seems to be on the verge of getting a result the car didn't deserve..

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

Alonso without a doubt.

He is leaving the best car at the end of 2006, for the most unluckiest car in 2006, for lesss money than he would have made driving the best car in 2007.

Venom
Venom

Hudsonhawk. wrote:Alonso without a doubt.

He is leaving the best car at the end of 2006, for the most unluckiest car in 2006, for lesss money than he would have made driving the best car in 2007.
I say it's because he's greedy :D The guy overestimates himself little bit. He'll also be lucky because McLaren will have good car next season.

watch! :wink:
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

vyselegend

With the switch to Bridgestone next year, I don't think Mac Laren and Renault will still be the better. Perhaps they'll have the best package, but it won't pay. It's not easy at all to adapt the car to totally new tyres.

As for the vote I'd say Trulli and Webber. Montagny also doesn't seem to be blessed by lady luck, but he's around for a few race only, and there is no chance for him to score anything anyway.

NickT

vyselegend wrote:With the switch to Bridgestone next year, I don't think Mac Laren and Renault will still be the better. Perhaps they'll have the best package, but it won't pay. It's not easy at all to adapt the car to totally new tyres.
I agree with you on this one, its very difficult to learn how a different manufacture's tyre works and how to get the best out of it quickly. Its not just about grip its about tyre construction and how that interacts with the suspension. Look at the problems Toyota had this year.

Of course Bridgestone could mess it up for everybody by introducing a new construction and more durable compounds for 2007, but I have a feeling that their relationship with Ferrari wont allow that, after all having your tyres fitted as standard equipent on every Ferrari is not something to be given up lightly.
NickT