2020 Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix - Silverstone, August 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Morteza

Re: 2020 Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix - Silverstone, August 7-9

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

F1Krof

As much as I feel for Hulk, I really wish Checo gets to race as soon as possible.
Wroom wroom

F1Krof

More like a talisman for good luck, but OK it's for Sir Stirling Moss 😉
Wroom wroom

PlatinumZealot

They could give Hulk some free practice runs if anything.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 16:14
He had some runs last week so his licence will be 'toped up' no?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

Big Tea wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 16:23
PlatinumZealot wrote:
He had some runs last week so his licence will be 'toped up' no?
I don't even know. Lol. I don't keep track. But i will agree with you.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Racer X

PlatinumZealot wrote:
They wont once they have Perez back he needs to get back to speed the cars were slow last week without Sergio to help with set up.

They probably missed him/his feedback.

EDIT: Also in a track where tire management seems to be important. You want some one whos going to help you balance the car properly (set up) so that in race you have a lesser chance of tire problems. Also his skill with tires will come into play. He could well be in the top 5 this weekend with good tire strategy.

Its hard to say Podium because weve seen how amazing Max is and how strong Hamilton drives, and the other Mercedes *well* its a Mercedes so it just makes it hard for anyone else to be on podium unless if the 2nd Mercedes has an accident then maybe a lucky midfield team can sneak into the podium. Like with Ferrari or Mclaren sometimes luck smiles on the midfield teams.

So maybe luck smiles on Racing Point, Ferrari, McLaren but honestly this whole season seems to be Max Vs Hamilton and then Hamilton's number 2 not far behind. In regards to podiums that is but the season itself is Max Vs Ham.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Phil

This is surely beyond stupid, no? It’s the same virus. If the quarantine period is extended as a measure, then surely it doesnt matter what the “law” was when he started the quarantine period.

Having that said, i feel for Perez, but i really hope Hulkenberg gets the chance he didnt last weekend.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

search

Phil wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 19:27
This is surely beyond stupid, no? It’s the same virus. If the quarantine period is extended as a measure, then surely it doesnt matter what the “law” was when he started the quarantine period.

Having that said, i feel for Perez, but i really hope Hulkenberg gets the chance he didnt last weekend.
after seven days only, I'd think it's fairly unlikely that Perez tests negative already anyway. "Normal" people may do a week after but their first positive test usually doesn't come as early during the infection period as Perez'.

FP1 could be pretty dull tomorrow btw, I guess? Softs are likely to be gone after a couple of laps, and all other kind of tires will probably be saved for the race.

Wouter

search wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 20:17
after seven days only, I'd think it's fairly unlikely that Perez tests negative already anyway. "Normal" people may do a week after but their first positive test usually doesn't come as early during the infection period as Perez'.
You got that absolutely right @Search!!
The Power of Dreams!

Mogster

search wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 20:17
Phil wrote:

FP1 could be pretty dull tomorrow btw, I guess? Softs are likely to be gone after a couple of laps, and all other kind of tires will probably be saved for the race.
If he tests RNA negative and is fit to return to work then he’s OK. UK workplace guidance has been 7 days isolation for symptoms and 14 days isolation for exposure to someone with symptoms until the change last week to 10 days for symptoms in line with WHO advice. 7 days after a positive test people were returning to work, now it’s 10 days. Presumably with their resources FOM will mandate a negative RNA test before Perez returns to the paddock. Negative RNA indicates he isn’t infectious, repeat tests on successive days would be sensible.

Racer X

Phil wrote:
I really hope Hulkenberg gets the chance he didnt last weekend.
I see it the other way around because its Sergios car. Also Hulk was slower then Lance and the car was not as fast as it has been in previous GP's so i want to see how Sergio can help the team at the same track and weather or not he improves the set up or not.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

search

Mogster wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 20:41
If he tests RNA negative and is fit to return to work then he’s OK. UK workplace guidance has been 7 days isolation for symptoms and 14 days isolation for exposure to someone with symptoms until the change last week to 10 days for symptoms in line with WHO advice. 7 days after a positive test people were returning to work, now it’s 10 days. Presumably with their resources FOM will mandate a negative RNA test before Perez returns to the paddock. Negative RNA indicates he isn’t infectious, repeat tests on successive days would be sensible.
yes, I understand the procedure, but (from what I have heard so far) it's unlikely to be not infectious anymore after 7 days already.

Normal people get first tested after showing symptons, so they are a week or so into the disease already then. Add 7 days of quarantine, and they are probably fine again (at day ~14 after getting infected). Perez gets tested every other day, so he is now at day ~8-9 only

Mogster

Agree. If he still returns a positive test tomorrow he’s stuffed. You’d think they’d know by now.