Ferrari set for Schu-Kimi lineup

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
blue

Ferrari set for Schu-Kimi lineup

That's the opinion of rival team principal Sir Frank Williams, who scoffed at his counterpart's constant pleas for cost cuts in F1.

Hinting at Schumacher-Raikkonen, despite rumours linking the latter Finn with Renault, he added: ''You know what I'm talking about; the two drivers.''
iceman

Vasco

I'll laugh if kimi just stays at Mclaren

flynfrog

i honestly think that a shumi kimi ferrari with bridgestone being the sole provider will result in a ferrari battle for wdc and a gimme for wcc

look at whats left to the teams

renault out of drivers
mclearen spectacular explosions for the first to races then find them selfs out of the running not to mention the loss of most of there engineers
honda yawn once agin poor in money run mid pack
bmw oncea gin yawn they need to change something or maybe every thing
willams dont see much coming from them either
toyota stuck racing redbulls in the most expensive car on the grid agin
red bull will be looking better possibly giving honda a run
toro rosso will benifit form the new found red bull goodness
super aguri no comment
midland will go under
pro drive will give the aguris a car to aim for in turn one

:attaches flame proof underware: whats every one else think

jaslfc
jaslfc

flynfrong, you may be right.. but in the world of f1 .. nothin is certain.. when montoya joined kimi we said the same thing.. but if kimi goes.. i would like to see shumy and kimi battle it out!!

flynfrog

jaslfc wrote:flynfrong, you may be right.. but in the world of f1 .. nothin is certain.. when montoya joined kimi we said the same thing.. but if kimi goes.. i would like to see shumy and kimi battle it out!!
me to i think it oculd be one of motor racings best battles ever shui and kimi in equal cars

not to mention they are two of my most liked drivers

JimmyK
JimmyK

It would certainly be interesting to see Schumacher vs. Raikkonen, I hope Kimi would do better. I am curious though, how will Schumacher react with a driver that's not gonna play no. 2 to him?

I'm going to make a wild prediction here... if they're together, Schumacher will initially be slightly faster, but Kimi will overtake him, as it were, before long. I also reckon that should Raikkonen and Schumacher be on equal footing, MS will do another rather disgraceful deed of some sort (a la Monaco), to get ahead of Raikkonen, and this will result in it being Schumi's last season.

That's just a completely random guess... not impossible though ;)

dumrick
dumrick

It's hard for me to conceive Ferrari having two great drivers under the same roof, just because for a long time they are not worried in assuring same chances to both drivers.
The importance that Schumi has at Ferrari will make him try it all to avoid having Kimi in the other red seat. I can't see that happening, but I wish I was wrong... it would be Ferrari back in the Villeneuve/Pironi, Prost/Mansell or Alesi/Berger days...

zac510
zac510

Kimi to NASCAR paid my Marlboro.

flynfrog

zac510 wrote:Kimi to NASCAR paid my Marlboro.
i thought cig ads were gone from nascar

zac510
zac510

Bernie to buy Nascar series.

flynfrog

zac510 wrote:Bernie to buy Nascar series.
it would be right up his ally all the cars are the same he wouldnt ahv to wrry about making new crazy rules every year

the france family that built nascar is probaly worse though they often outlaw saftey devices because they dont want to admit they were unsafe to start with
rubber fuel cells come to mind
humpy bumper (enrgy absorber device)
they didnt want to go to the safer barrier either

bernie may be bad but the frances are much worse

Scuderia_Russ

flynfrog wrote:
it would be right up his ally all the cars are the same he wouldnt ahv to wrry about making new crazy rules every year
He doesn't anyway.
flynfrog wrote:the france family that built nascar is probaly worse though they often outlaw saftey devices because they dont want to admit they were unsafe to start with
If that is true then I'm astonished!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

SoftBatch
SoftBatch

flynfrog wrote: it would be right up his ally all the cars are the same he wouldnt ahv to wrry about making new crazy rules every year
I think the changes in the Formula every year is one of the things that makes F1 so interesting. How teams adapt and find new ways to push the rules each year is great.

flynfrog

Scuderia_Russ wrote:
flynfrog wrote:
He doesn't anyway.
flynfrog wrote:the france family that built nascar is probaly worse though they often outlaw saftey devices because they dont want to admit they were unsafe to start with
If that is true then I'm astonished!
look back in the 60s they would not allow ruber fuel cells they drivers getting burnt to death

they would not allow a safer tire because this is stock car racin

they still have not implemented the humpybumper would have saver Dale Ernhearts life

they wont mandate open face helments

took them forever to install the safer barier

especaily in its early years the france family only cared about money not the driver more than once they would send them out on to an unsafe track becaseu they wanted the fans money

read best damn garage in town by smokey yunick great read any way but realy gives you a behind the scenes look of about anything automitive from 1930-1980

as far as the rule changes go id like to see something besides areo rules and instead of take away give a second option like lemans does
allow a disel engine

how about a close wheel car with no wings

two seaters?

f1 has becoem pretty damn boring right now the best tires per race are winning its not the cars or the drivers instead of a spec tire they should be adding a third tire company

instead of an engine freeze give them a restircer and allow turbos agin

Venom
Venom

Apparently Ferrari is ready to offer £60 million for Kimi. :shock:
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.