2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, Dec 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
nzjrs

Re: 2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, Dec 11 - 13

Moore77 wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 19:06
Russell on his last race.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merc ... =widget-22
"Valtteri was pushing me the whole way from Friday onwards, put it on pole and then pushed me throughout the race as well.
Wait, where have we heard that before? :D
Indeed. Russell followed up by saying "It might have looked easy out there, but wow, let me tell you it was hard work. We see every week these Red Bulls getting closer and closer and I'm just thankful we have such a good bunch of guys and gals back at the factory working every day so hard to keep on top and just keep pushing. Thanks for coming out, Sakir really does have the best fans"

Moore77

nzjrs wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 19:08
Moore77 wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 19:06
Russell on his last race.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merc ... =widget-22
"Valtteri was pushing me the whole way from Friday onwards, put it on pole and then pushed me throughout the race as well.
Wait, where have we heard that before? :D
Indeed. Russell followed up by saying "It might have looked easy out there, but wow, let me tell you it was hard work. We see every week these Red Bulls getting closer and closer and I'm just thankful we have such a good bunch of guys and gals back at the factory working every day so hard to keep on top and just keep pushing. Thanks for coming out, Sakir really does have the best fans"
Do they hand over media scripts of the original driver to be read by the replacement driver at press by Mercedes, along with the car? :)
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Moore77

News is, Hamilton has got a negative for his latest test. Most likely to be in for qualifying.

https://www.formulapassion.it/motorspor ... 37320.html

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

PlatinumZealot

Back to normal now guys. Just the way I want it. Cake-walk please. Oh Valterri should produce his usual performnce to grab second place and Max should bring up the podium. Back to normal again. :)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

erudite450
erudite450

PlatinumZealot wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 20:56
Back to normal now guys. Just the way I want it. Cake-walk please. Oh Valterri should produce his usual performnce to grab second place and Max should bring up the podium. Back to normal again. :)
=D> =D> :D :D
I couldn't agree more!

godlameroso

Nope, I refuse to believe it. Verstappen with the upgraded Red Bull is as fast or faster than Bottas in the race. It's just a matter of qualifying and the start. Hamilton still has the best chance, I hope he enjoys his last victory laps of the year. Hopefully next year gives us the championship this year was supposed to be.
Saishū kōnā

Schuttelberg

Bottas will win this race at a canter. Mercedes go well around here, even in the years Ferrari and Red Bull were strong. There is no way Lewis can be well prepared after he's just recovered from Covid.

Bottas to win and hurl abuses at his critics, Mercedes to say things like this is the Bottas we know and Lewis to smile within himself and come back in 2021 to hand the Finn an even more sound hammering.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Zynerji

Glad he tested negative.

Gutted for the excitement and the show that we miss because of it.

At least he will set the All Time Laps Led record...🙄

LM10
LM10

PlatinumZealot wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 20:56
He already produced his usual performance at the last GP.

PlatinumZealot

Yes. On track for second place. Perfect.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

godlameroso

Sector 3 Sochi, who was fastest? Hamilton Perez and Verstappen, Bottas was a tenth down. Sector 3 is like Sochi. Verstappen also edged him out in qualifying. We know Hamilton goes beast mode here, Bottas is fair game for Perez or Verstappen.

The lap time is gained in sector 3, sectors 1 & 2 is about not losing time, but being a tenth or two down because of drag means nothing if you can't pull the time in sector 3. Bottas seems to not be able to get the lap time without carrying a lot of wing, whereas Hamilton and Verstappen can get the same or more lap time with comparatively less wing.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

The W11 is better at rotation this year and that will be crucial in sector 3. Merc will be half a second faster in sector 3 alone.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Scorpaguy

This track, the W11, and Ham's ego...he may leap the entire field...Bot twice. All along with radio calls of worn tyres and massive covid symptoms.

Moore77

Another boring weekend on the card. The excitement of another opportunity for Russell in Mercedes is gone. We are set to hear the same radio melodrama of how the tyres are gone!
Three possibilities. One, Hamilton comes back and beats Bottas in quali and Race effortlessly. Two, Hamilton can't do much in quali and everybody would say, he isn't fully fit yet, but beats Bottas in race and PR folks go gaga over his abilities. Three, he would neither beat Bottas in quali and race and people say, he isn't fully fit yet. In all of these scenarios, Bottas"s a** is saved and the demand to bring in Russell for 2021 would die down. Good for Mercedes.