French GP 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

French GP 2006

Anyone seen that fire on Schuey's car? Was it big one or just nice little fire? Engine change or not? (engine change [-o< )

EDIT: Sorry I didn't notice at first that there was already French GP topic :oops:
Last edited by manchild on 15 Jul 2006, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

johny

i'm looking for good pics, just found that one, no fire just smoke

in renault they should have a vodoo car to burn engines in free practices :lol:

johny

another one

Lightspeed

Re: French GP 2006

manchild wrote:Anyone seen that fire on Schuey's car?engine change [-o<
Sorry but that cant be granted.

"As for the fire on Michael's car this morning, we think there was a bit of excess fuel in the exhausts and it caught fire. Then we had a problem with the fire extinguisher which meant we did not put out the fire quite as quickly as we should have done. But everything is fine with the car." - Ross Brawn

:D 8)

manchild
manchild

Giancarlo Fisichella - "I had some understeer all around the lap in qualifying that we couldn’t get rid of, and that definitely cost me time."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Scuderia_Russ

Re: French GP 2006

manchild wrote: Engine change or not? (engine change [-o< )
Wouldn't you prefer to see Schuey beaten on the track instead of beaten by mechanical gremlins?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Venom
Venom

That just reveals how manchild is cold blooded :wink: - j.k

What leads to fire in exaust?

The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Venom wrote:What leads to fire in exaust?
The fire was most likely caused by a very rich fuel/air mixture. I doubt they run this manner to burn off fuel for qualifying, but instead for cooling. This race is very hot, and if you run a rich mixture, the excess fuel cools the cylinder head. My theory is that on a lap returning to the pits, the engine management computer is programmed to run super-rich to assist in cooling the engine off.
Having Ferrari put out such a strong qualifying performance is impressive, they have a serious car. It will be interesting to see how much Shu can eat away at Alonso's points lead. At Indy Massa shot out ahead of Shu on the start, I thnk this time he will obediently follow Shu into the first corner, then spend the rest of the race defending Michael.
Can't figure out BMW, from having such a quick car in practice to show up at qualifying with such a dismal performance.

Scuderia_Russ

Unfortunately I missed qually because I was out on my canoe and my poxy vcr doesn't want to record things anymore. What the hell happened to Button and J.V? And how was De La Rosa please?
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

Yep SR you're right, I'd like to see him be beaten on track but a nice little engine change now and than is like a bonus to me :lol:

Button was just... Buttonish, I have no idea why JV finished so bad and Pedro was like a fish in the water.

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:Button was just... Buttonish.
:lol: Quote of the week!
-Henry Ford-

andyF1

Button - "I had my run ruined by traffic today in the first session which is obviously very disappointing," said Button, who has now failed to make the first cut twice this season. "Having said that, the car just wasn't quick enough and we were not on the pace for the quick qualifying lap.

Villneuve - "Villeneuve blames traffic for poor showing"

De la Rosa 8th - "When I went out there there were three or four cars in front of me that slowed me down, but in any case I'm happy because this is my first time running with this qualifying session and we have been more competitive than I was expecting," he added.

Problem for Pedro is that he used all his new sets of tyres in Quali, so he has only used tyres for the race!
Kimi only has one set of new tyres and with the heat here it is thought that Bridgestone have the upper hand anyway.

Scuderia_Russ

Thanks for that update andyf1.
Well, first man to win the same Grand Prix eight times and his one hundred and fiftieth podium! Great win Schu. And what is this rumour circulating in France (according to ITV) that Alonso is trying to weasel out of his McLaren contract?!
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

It is a win but hardly great.... typical for Schuey - a boy from Brasil holds up his main rival so that ubermensch can win... that's what we've seen so many times in Barichello seasons...

Anyway, that Alonso - Mclaren contract cancelation idea has been on my mind since day one [-o<

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

And what is this rumour circulating in France (according to ITV) that Alonso is trying to weasel out of his McLaren contract?!
Really? Now this is funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think it will happen, but McLaren is screwed anyway. :roll:
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis