Honda F1 Car in Hanging Gardens at British Motor Show

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ginsu
ginsu

Honda F1 Car in Hanging Gardens at British Motor Show

Has anybody seen these pics? They are incredible. I wonder how long it took to set this up? I wish I lived in the UK!

I love to love Senna.

Tom

ouch, that would have taken a lot of work, but it looks increadable!

It just makes you think what a wonderfully small part of the car the driver actually is, and how many components could fail and put you out of the race.

I'd love to be a part of it though.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

zac510
zac510

Yeah I saw this last Wednesday, very cool to look at :)

You could spend hours staringat it but they were only letting 4 people in at once so I felt guilty spending too much time in there!

Tom

I know what you mean, but frankly, screw them.

If you knock the nose cone back will it have a newton cradle effect? hehe
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ciro Pabón

Smarter display I've seen in my life.
Ciro

wazojugs

some how i managed to blag my way into the honda VIP suit at the car show, did anyone else get in, also including toyota

zac510
zac510

No, but I did get to drive the Mx5 and Rx8 :)

ginsu
ginsu

i just want all you brits to know how lucky you are to live in a country that loves motorsport, particularly motorsport technology. i will have to visit one day and go see all the motor shows!
I love to love Senna.

zac510
zac510

Where do you live?

The Motor Show was crap, really. The motorsport events, club events, circuit racing, hillclimbs, are where it is really at!

ginsu
ginsu

i live in oregon, usa...and i haven't seen any motor shows for a very long time. i do run in our local autocross events though, so i get some motorsport exposure, but f1 is pretty much non-existant here. and we don't have the history that the UK has, with all the old aircraft engineers and the abandoned airfields from the war. henry ford is about all the history we have, and what did he leave us with? mass production, low quality vehicles? not exactly in the same league as colin chapman.

ok, we have carroll shelby...much respect, but he wasn't an engineer!
I love to love Senna.

zac510
zac510

Indeed. But you could always move here. I'm not British, I'm an immigrant :)

Tom

To be fair some of Chapman's road cars where so utterly crap you wouldn't believe it, but as soon as the Lotus badge came up the rose tinted glasses went up. Chapman in motorsport though was an unbelieveable man, all his drivers considered him friends more than anything and he was so innovative, the ideas him and his team came up with where outstanding.

OK, us Brits have a bit of a motorsport pedigree thing going here, but the real heart of British motorsports is in the amature catagories, the guys that will race hard as anything on the track, get back to the pits and lend their closest championship rivals parts to keep them in the race! I don't know how that is elsewhere but certainly here it is a real boost for the whole motorsport scene in the UK.

zac510
zac510

From what I can tell the close proximity helps enormously.

In Oz I'd have to drive the equivalent of Dover to Scotland (ie 10 hours) to get to the next nearest track.

In the UK I could be racing in France or the Netherlands in half that time, not to mention the plethora of tracks in the midlands and southern counties.

ginsu
ginsu

Indeed. But you could always move here. I'm not British, I'm an immigrant
I'm very seriously considering it, I have to get my B.S in Mech. Engr first. Still a couple years yet.

If Chapman's not enough, then Duckworth and Costin should seal the deal. There's nobody with equal comparison in American motorsport history as those two.

Frank Williams, Bruce Mclaren and Gordon Murray nail the coffin shut.
I love to love Senna.

Tom

Hem, erm bad news,

Bruce Mclaren was from New Zeland and Murray was South African.

I would never seriously complain about Britain, the weather is great (33deg cel in Scotland yesterday!!!) reacently, we're not at war, officially, and the education is fantastic (university wise), but then its the same all over Western Europe now.