Scuderia AlphaTauri AT03 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: Scuderia AlphaTauri AT03 Speculation Thread

First video of the AT03… Blink and you will miss it! (At least you can hear it 😁)

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 22:43
First video of the AT03… Blink and you will miss it! (At least you can hear it 😁)

I can confirm, the car has wheels.

Zynerji

FittingMechanics wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 23:23
SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 22:43

I can confirm, the car has wheels.
Not white ones tho... :|

Herr_Koos

Giando wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 12:36
Blackout wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 08:07
JPower wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 05:29
Surprisingly enough, out of the ex-F1 engineers I've listened to(Gary Anderson, Kyle Engineering, B Sport)
Where?
I'd say nowhere, since he hasn't put any video on the AT03 yet.
I was desperately hoping for it to be published yesterday but we still have to wait. :wink:
Kyle's AT03 video was just posted.

Bandit1216

I don't understand the AT03 .

Either they forgot the hot air outlet louvres of the sidepods in the render, or there is a channel from the sidepod to engine cover that is not visible.

If they have louvers on the sidepods, the hot outlet above the b-wing is quite large for only the coolers which are there.
If there is a channel near the T, the bodyworks seems too tight in that area
If there is a channel near the T, they don't need half of the sidepod lengths (at the A) and can bin it like te FW44 does. Also this transition for the sidepod to the top of the diffuser seems to harsh to me.

But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

Giando

Bandit1216 wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 12:18
I don't understand the AT03 .

Either they forgot the hot air outlet louvres of the sidepods in the render, or there is a channel from the sidepod to engine cover that is not visible.

If they have louvers on the sidepods, the hot outlet above the b-wing is quite large for only the coolers which are there.
If there is a channel near the T, the bodyworks seems too tight in that area
If there is a channel near the T, they don't need half of the sidepod lengths (at the A) and can bin it like te FW44 does. Also this transition for the sidepod to the top of the diffuser seems to harsh to me.

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=6213C5F0
I think it is the same as the Redbull RB8 / RB9... where the sidepods were basically fully closed in the area where they connected to the flat area in front of the diffuser (apart the exhaust hole, of course) so the hot air from the radiators in the sidepods is channeled into the internal bodywork around and then above the engine to exit through the large outlet above the beam wing... should be simple

The internal shape of the bodywork doesn't always match perfectly the external one.

McFAN
McFAN

Confirmed to Scarbs by a source within the team.

Thunder

Ok i'll move posts over to the Car Thread and then open that one. Give me 2 minutes.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum