2023 Las Vegas Grand Prix - Las Vegas, Nov 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Las Vegas Grand Prix - Las Vegas, Nov 16 - 18

While this circuit was good for racing, the FIA and Liberty can't get lazy with regards to any changes to the cars to be smaller and lighter and to make following easier.

Every circuit cannot be this. Racing should be possible on a tighter and more twisty circuit as well.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

One thing people are not thinking about is how horrendous the circuits with super long straights will be under the 2026 PU regulations. They will be downshifting on the straights here in 2026.

avantman
avantman

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Nov 2023, 15:21
Juzh wrote:
19 Nov 2023, 14:42
Hamilton casually doodling on racing line with a puncture cost verstappen 3s to russell.
If another driver had done what Hamilton did today, we wouldn't hear the end of it. How it was deliberate. Retaliation, childish blah blah blah.

Hamilton was way off the pace and lifting massively right until Bono told him Verstappen was 1 second behind. Then he floored it and then drove to the outside of the track even though he was instructed to pit with the entry on the left part of the straight.

The race sorted itself out in the end. :lol:
Unbelievable stuff. How can people still support this guy. I can't even call his behavior childish, it's something else.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

"44 lost max 3 seconds to Russel" And in turn thanks to Russel who just does not ever see anybody around him when turning in that helped Max win the race.

organic

Wouter

AMG.Tzan wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 11:25

Yes Max can't race wheel to wheel! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He had to take Leclerc off the track to pass him at the start!

For once just pass someone without pushing him off the track... :roll: #-o
From the Press Conference:
1. What was your take on what happened there? And what was your reaction to the five-second penalty?

Max Verstappen: Well, I mean, the start was good. But then, we braked quite late to defend the position but I was a bit on the inside,
on the dirt, I guess. As soon as you’re a bit off-line here, it’s super low grip. And that's what happened.
I braked and there was no grip. I didn't mean to push Charles off the track, but I couldn't slow it down and I just kept sliding
on four wheels, wide. So that's why we had to go wide.

You know, at the time, you’re also full of adrenaline and I was not happy with the decision. But, you know, looking back at it,
it was probably the right call. And yeah, after that, with that five seconds it was definitely a bit harder to come back to the front.

Charles Leclerc: Yeah, well, I think Max already came to me and explained me the situation. Obviously, it was on the limit,
over the limits and I think the five seconds penalty is deserved. It was tight. I still try to push off the track,
but it was so low grip, to try and keep that position. But it's the way it is. He has been penalised. He paid a penalty.
And I think that was the right penalty to give.
It was fun and then we talked about it, he explained the situation and that's what it is. It's good'.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

99 overtakes - most in a dry race since China '16

We have mixed up grids frequently thanks to grid penalties, bad qualifying performances.. we have countless safety cars across the season.. yes Vegas had both but still it is a 7-year anomaly

https://racingpass.net/las-vegas-gp-had ... a-in-post/

FW17

Wonder when Max will end up like this

cplchanb
cplchanb

organic wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 17:03
99 overtakes - most in a dry race since China '16

We have mixed up grids frequently thanks to grid penalties, bad qualifying performances.. we have countless safety cars across the season.. yes Vegas had both but still it is a 7-year anomaly

https://racingpass.net/las-vegas-gp-had ... a-in-post/
imo its just a first year anomaly. by the time they sort out the tires and setups from all the data this race it will be a much more straightforward race.

AMG.Tzan

The race ended up being quite good in the end! Nice battles all over the place…though I expected more Safety Cars to make it even more interesting! A different winner would have made it even better but anyway…

Seems that F1 knew what they were doing after all! Drivers moaning about “only show” ended up enjoying the wheel to wheel action the race produced in the end!

I think it’s a nice event…we can’t be moaning about an event with so many overtakes but not moan about the race at Monaco which has no overtakes at all! Monaco has unparalleled Qualifying sessions though…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Sieper

AMG.Tzan wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 19:13
The race ended up being quite good in the end! Nice battles all over the place…though I expected more Safety Cars to make it even more interesting! A different winner would have made it even better but anyway…

Seems that F1 knew what they were doing after all! Drivers moaning about “only show” ended up enjoying the wheel to wheel action the race produced in the end!

I think it’s a nice event…we can’t be moaning about an event with so many overtakes but not moan about the race at Monaco which has no overtakes at all! Monaco has unparalleled Qualifying sessions though…
Yes, if only a different driver would have taken pole though, the quack.

CHT
CHT

I think one of the reasons that made the LV GP exciting was the fact that it was an unusual race for MV as he didn't get the pole position nor manage to lead from start to end.

Supposedly if Max was on a pole or didn't have the 1st corner 5 sec penalty, it is very likely that he will control the race from start to end. Come 2024, I reckon most cars will run a Monza like aero setup to take advantage of the long straight.

organic

CHT wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 01:18
I think one of the reasons that made the LV GP exciting was the fact that it was an unusual race for MV as he didn't get the pole position nor manage to lead from start to end.

Supposedly if Max was on a pole or didn't have the 1st corner 5 sec penalty, it is very likely that he will control the race from start to end. Come 2024, I reckon most cars will run a Monza like aero setup to take advantage of the long straight.
Yes RB might finally build a Monza wing

deadhead

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Nov 2023, 09:37
Give Charles the car and a semi-decent team and he eats the whole field for breakfast, Master!
No doubt.

deadhead

mendis wrote:
19 Nov 2023, 09:50
Why can't Red Bull sign Charles? They could dominate F1 and put forward a great show.
I think they tried but he is blindly loyal..