F1 coming to laguna seca!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wiley
wiley

F1 coming to laguna seca!!

...But not to race :cry: If only we could have 2 GPs again :!:

Ricardo Zonta will be driving the Toyota TF106 around the famous Califonia road course during the Monterey Historic Races this fall.

One word: CORKSCREW!!!!! :D

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/automot ... tyle/30275

m3_lover

I would like to know what kind of changes they would have to make to traction control.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Not much, if at all. Monaco has corners and situations just as demanding on traction control.
But don't expect two GP's in one nation unless each track can offer such a large amount of money he just can't refuse.

manchild
manchild

Laguna Seca also gets my vote as best US circit. Indy is very artificial track without personality (F1 circuit not Indy oval).

wazojugs

Laguna seca would be a better place to race than indy or why not watkins glen

flynfrog

wazojugs wrote:Laguna seca would be a better place to race than indy or why not watkins glen
i agree but indy would handle the crowd better

but i heart seca
please no vegas race

johny

indy F1 track is really crap so why don't move to a real track?

gunluvS14
gunluvS14

if that's gonna happen Laguna Seca better get their act together and paved the track right.

This year event, helding the AMA superbike and MotoGP together in the same weekend and the track was falling apart.

They tried to put sealen down below around Corkscrew but made it worst.

If Sebring paved their track good, it could be a good choice.
Barber Motorsport Park is fantastic but its a motorcycle track only.

flynfrog

johny wrote:indy F1 track is really crap so why don't move to a real track?
i realy like its, neat to see f1 cars on the banking
also the michelen cars do realy bad there :)
also the tickets are cheap since indy can seat way more than anyother f1 track

mini696

I cant see the F1's going there... The corkscrew would be way to savage for the cars.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

manchild wrote:Laguna Seca also gets my vote as best US circit. Indy is very artificial track without personality (F1 circuit not Indy oval).
Road America I think would be more suitable for F1. Very high speed, long fast corners mixes with slow corners at the end of the straight means passing zones(at least 3)......

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

I think it might work if they put a chicane right before the corkscrew. However I think the bigger obstacle is getting around the noise ordinances, unless some exception were made.

flynfrog

mini696 wrote:I cant see the F1's going there... The corkscrew would be way to savage for the cars.
how so none of the other cars that race there seem to have a problem

there is always the famous pass through the gravel by i think zinardi

johny

yes, no problem for an f1 car to take the corkscrew, they'll never go there. Bernie preffers something more glamourous like las vegas

Larnach

gunluvS14 wrote:if that's gonna happen Laguna Seca better get their act together and paved the track right.

This year event, helding the AMA superbike and MotoGP together in the same weekend and the track was falling apart.

They tried to put sealen down below around Corkscrew but made it worst.

If Sebring paved their track good, it could be a good choice.
Barber Motorsport Park is fantastic but its a motorcycle track only.
I'm sorry but thats the biggest crock of $*** I've ever heard... falling apart? Where do you get your information from? Have you ever been to Laguna Seca?

It was one of the last great tracks that hasn't been totally paved over of any character... that hump before the corkscrew would seperate who knew how to drive thier car, and who didnt. That's what they (two wheelers) were complaining about in regards to the track. Sports Cars, Historics, SuperKarts, all negotiated that track with ease, and its mostly smooth except for the few places that make it tricky.

If you like cookie cutter tracks, fine, you and the rest of the cookie cutter masses can go there... tracks like Sebring, Laguna Seca, Infineon, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, have bumps and have character. These tracks will chew you up and spit you out if you don't know your car.

Falling apart, yeah right.