Temporary bans for keyboard warriors

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
yamahasho
yamahasho

Re: Temporary bans for keyboard warriors

I didn’t see it that way, the poster simply stated the racer should drive and keep politics out. Which I think most agree with. Aggressive mods see the words “sex”, “orientation”, “race” they lock the tread.
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.
BMW 335i, N54 6spd tuned with tunerPro

Zxeros
Zxeros

There are some users that only post nonsense about a certain driver and I still see them posting all over the place, I think the mods like the heated discussion their comments bring.

Wouter

hugobos wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 22:03

The last years -I live in the Netherlands- the general opinion on F1 has slowly turned to football hooligan uproar.
I switched from tv provider after a reporter accused Ham of a deliberate attempt to kill Max.
Although I don't think this is an issue to discuss in this thread, I do want to respond to this,
I read 100% incorrect information here, which puts the Dutch in a bad light.

You switched TV provider because a reporter allegedly said that Lewis Max deliberately tried to kill Max??!
Only one person has said that Max was very lucky last year in Silverstone, because he could have been killed.
That Lewis would have done that intentionally with the intention of trying to kill Max has NOT been said.
Many Dutch forums are now constantly fueling conspiracy from F1 against Max. I will not go into the things I have been called trying to put the right order of events or data in a discussion. It is futile…..
I do not imply that all keyboard warriors, are Dutch, It is just to illustrate my point here:
A conspiracy of F1 against Max?? Where do you get that nonsense from? That would be discussed on all Dutch forums??
This is complete nonsense.
What is talked about a lot is the Boo shouting when Max is being interviewed, just like again yesterday when Jenson Button spoke to Max. The TV recording manager quickly turned off the background noise yesterday, again!.

By posting this kind of incorrect (false) information here, you make the Dutch look bad unjustly.
This should not be allowed on a forum like this.

And again, your (false) accusations and my reply to them do not belong in this thread. Also not in other threads.

Edit: I hope my post can stay that long until @hugobos has read my reply to him. After that, it may be removed,
along with its message.

chrisc90

Regarding my post that got locked after 8 posts… I have PM’d Hollus to see what can be done in terms of getting it re-opened.

It’s a shame that it had to be locked but understand the rules around politics. I know i initially mentioned it in my little piece about Seb together with his retirement but wanted the thread to be a good place for discussion on the season and the winter break period.

Maybe another mod can have a look into the posts and re-open it? IMHO, it would have took longer to lock the post than remove the 2 comments relating to politics and what should/shouldn’t be inside sport.

I am happy to discuss the thread with any of the mod team if appropriate. Especially given there is nowhere to discuss people’s thoughts on the season as a whole except for clogging up race or team threads

DGP123
DGP123

The last four posts in that thread need deleting, and then re-open it. 👍

yamahasho
yamahasho

No they don’t, it didn’t violate the rules. And what happened to the top ten drivers thread,

viewtopic.php?p=1104015

Not showing up for me, the mods delete or just ban users?
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.
BMW 335i, N54 6spd tuned with tunerPro

f1jcw
f1jcw

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 12:07
Regarding my post that got locked after 8 posts… I have PM’d Hollus to see what can be done in terms of getting it re-opened.

It’s a shame that it had to be locked but understand the rules around politics. I know i initially mentioned it in my little piece about Seb together with his retirement but wanted the thread to be a good place for discussion on the season and the winter break period.

Maybe another mod can have a look into the posts and re-open it? IMHO, it would have took longer to lock the post than remove the 2 comments relating to politics and what should/shouldn’t be inside sport.

I am happy to discuss the thread with any of the mod team if appropriate. Especially given there is nowhere to discuss people’s thoughts on the season as a whole except for clogging up race or team threads
I mean it was my post that led it off track, but it was done innocently, wasn't respond to in a malicious way.

caddy
caddy

Wouter wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 11:09
hugobos wrote:

The last years -I live in the Netherlands- the general opinion on F1 has slowly turned to football hooligan uproar.
I switched from tv provider after a reporter accused Ham of a deliberate attempt to kill Max.
Although I don't think this is an issue to discuss in this thread, I do want to respond to this,

You switched TV provider because a reporter allegedly said that Lewis Max deliberately tried to kill Max??!
Only one person has said that Max was very lucky last year in Silverstone, because he could have been killed.
That Lewis would have done that intentionally with the intention of trying to kill Max has NOT been said.
Many Dutch forums are now constantly fueling conspiracy from F1 against Max. I will not go into the things I have been called trying to put the right order of events or data in a discussion. It is futile…..
I do not imply that all keyboard warriors, are Dutch, It is just to illustrate my point here:
A conspiracy of F1 against Max?? Where do you get that nonsense from? That would be discussed on all Dutch forums??
What is talked about a lot is the Boo shouting when Max is being interviewed, just like again yesterday when Jenson Button spoke to Max. The TV recording manager quickly turned off the background noise yesterday, again!.

By posting this kind of incorrect (false) information here, you make the Dutch look bad unjustly.

And again, your (false) accusations and my reply to them do not belong in this thread. Also not in other threads.

Edit: I hope my post can stay that long until @hugobos has read my reply to him. After that, it may be removed,
along with its message.
It's actually a problem that one single individual speaks for a mass of population and unsuspecting readers think it's true.

Sieper

To that point, that individual (Jack Plooij) is a well known idiot and is not working for viaplay, who have been making the F1 television stream in the Netherlands this year. Previously it was Ziggo and here he sometimes is a table guest in the F1 café talk show televised on Friday evenings.

Viaplay has a much more professional approach, People may have noticed the pit square interviews are now done by Stephane Kox. She asks questions rather then lead people.

Wouter

caddy wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 13:43
Wouter wrote:
hugobos wrote:

along with its message.
It's actually a problem that one single individual speaks for a mass of population and unsuspecting readers think it's true.
What concerns me is that someone who claims to live in the Netherlands writes incorrect information here about someone who has said something on Dutch TV, and incorrect information about the Dutch forums.
The moderators and other readers here won't be able to judge this as wrong, as they don't watch Dutch TV and read Dutch forums, so they will probably take it for granted, since he lives in the Netherlands.
The moderators will therefore not take any action, but will be blamed for this, what is unfair imo.
The Power of Dreams!

hugobos

I posted;

“I do not imply that all keyboard warriors, are Dutch, It is just to illustrate my point here:”

I do not feel any obligation to proof my ‘“claim” to be dutch. But since you deem this a proof of trust : ik heb een bsn nummer, switched from ziggo sport to the F1 app after Coronel said this. Is het nou goed jongen?

I really like this place sorry I was not clear in the reasoning to make my point.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

rijtuig
rijtuig

Wouter wrote:
hugobos wrote:

along with its message.
I have to agree with Hugo.

Every Dutch F1 page kicksoff with a misleading title. A portion of the fans don't even read the article and already spit out their hate and always blame Toto, Lulu, MaFIA, etc. Not to forget the racist comments.

So, definitely true what Hugo is saying, lots of these articles try to imply some sort of finger pointing towards Mercedes, pretty much all of the articles are focussed on Mercedes.

The Dutch are well known for polarisation in their government, with a big thanks to the media ;)

SiLo

This should just have been a poll IMO and that would have given the mods a platform for discussion.
Felipe Baby!

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

I'm sat at work, on a call about a project deliverable and am thinking that there is a lot of shade being thrown at the moderation team and I would love to have the time to really pick up and share each call out of the team in several of the posts above...but I cannot right now - as I have real life to live, work to complete and sometimes I want to pick up this laptop and smash it on my desk in frustration.

I have shared my thoughts before to this forum - I did so when the 'old' moderation team held up their hands to ask for support from the forum as the job of moderating was becoming too difficult.

The amount of discussion - PMs, WhatsApp and reports review - that the team commit to is, frank;y, far more than ought to be the case with high functioning adults involved in what should be a technical forum.

Your points @wouter - no-one is calling the Dutch racists or they they wanted to kill Lewis - of course not.
@Chris ref that locked thread and other posts - I've not seen the post, but have seen that thread...and honestly ref top 10 drivers - that is not going to cause anything other than reported posts (It had already several reports) and the usual factional splits in forum between Max and Lewis as everything seems to be viewed by manyu through that lens.

Closing that thread is the right thing to do - Take that kind of info to twitter (if you dare) or somewhere else - but please let's see the technical and the respectful posts continue.

Mod team works hard - you;d be amazed at the volumes of 'he said, she said' - we try to nip it out at source but cannot sit and read this place as much as we would like to! (I used to have an easier job and would sit here reading all the car updates religiously - some amazing threads and content.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

chrisc90

CMSMJ1 wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 16:25

@Chris ref that locked thread and other posts - I've not seen the post, but have seen that thread...and honestly ref top 10 drivers - that is not going to cause anything other than reported posts (It had already several reports) and the usual factional splits in forum between Max and Lewis as everything seems to be viewed by manyu through that lens.

Closing that thread is the right thing to do - Take that kind of info to twitter (if you dare) or somewhere else - but please let's see the technical and the respectful posts continue.

Understand you working hard at present.

The top 10 drivers thread wasn’t anything to do with myself and was completely different sort of post to the thread I made.

I thought people could have had a decent spot for some discussion on the season as a whole and going through the winter break.

I really don’t think there was any conflict of interest at the current state of the thread between members and their drivers and was hoping that there would be a open and fair discussion on the topic from all. A little bit of proactive moderation and clearing up regarding the politics and it’s promotion in F1 is all that was needed in my opinion. Being reactive isn’t always the best way to go on a whole

If you feel that the thread deserves to remain locked that’s fair enough. I will look at posting something for news and events post season during the winter break.