Mattia Binotto

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
F1NAC

Mattia Binotto

Not to spam Scuderia thread.

What do you guys think, where will he end up? He wanted to be TP, didn't work out. Immense talent with great techical background. Especially around engine dept.

Head of RBPT?

Do you think that he will bring some guys from Ferrari to the next team he's heading?

skoop
skoop

Re: Mattia Binotto

What about Alpine? Maybe he can be beneficial to them, given his experience with engines and their integration into a chassi

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

I hope he kept this outfit, could save some money if joins Red Bull.

basti313
basti313

How about gardening leave? I would not expect to see him again before middle 24 in F1.
Don`t russel the hamster!

F1NAC

basti313 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 13:44
How about gardening leave? I would not expect to see him again before middle 24 in F1.
Apparently 6 months

Stu

F1NAC wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 12:23
Not to spam Scuderia thread.

What do you guys think, where will he end up? He wanted to be TP, didn't work out. Immense talent with great techical background. Especially around engine dept.

Head of RBPT?

Do you think that he will bring some guys from Ferrari to the next team he's heading?
I think that would probably be a good move (for both parties); Brackley seems fairly settled, as does Renault. Maybe Audi…😈
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Audi is a great shout...why not?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

vanburin

SirBastianVettel wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 13:40
I hope he kept this outfit, could save some money if joins Red Bull.

https://i.redd.it/mzzrfqtp12h91.jpg
I had to rack my brain a bit to remember the context to this, completely forgot that RB had a Ferrari engine deal before switching to Renault (well and dumping the Ferrari engine into the STR cars). Well done!

Gillian
Gillian

Mattia to RBPT and Horner to replace him at Ferrari. :mrgreen:

Wouter

Gillian wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 16:48
Mattia to RBPT and Horner to replace him at Ferrari. :mrgreen:
Image :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

gshevlin
gshevlin

The only teams NOT trying to hire him would be Red Bull (a role at RBPT would not play to his strengths), Mercedes and (probably) McLaren.
Every other team is probably already hammering on the door asking him When and How Much.
In the meantime, we can expect the usual 2-3 years of under-achievement from Ferrari under new leadership, followed by the braying hounds of the Italian media savaging Ferrari until the next TD is fired. And the cycle will continue.

chrisc90

It wasnt even a bad year for Ferrari TBH. There must be tensions behind closed doors as I think their results on track were pretty good if you remove the reliability issues. 2nd and 5th in WDC, 2nd place in WCC.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

It's Sauber. The swiss born returns to home ground and manufacturer backing in 1-2 years time.

codetower

Sauber, absolutely. Especially if Vasseur goes to Ferrari. Either way, I believe he ends up at Audi with the keys to the kingdom. He can bring in Engine guys, and already has experience running a top team. To me it's a no-brainer.

If Alfa can get him soon, he can get the team primed and ready for Audi when the next regulations come into play.

chrisc90

Isnt it his/their engine design thats caused so many of the problems for Ferrari this year? The reliability has been shocking, even to the extent they massively turned it down in Mexico and Brazil