2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

AMG.Tzan wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 00:34
Andres125sx wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 08:13
Agree, and thank you too :)

Right now Peco is the man to beat and Martin still need to prove consistency along a whole season, I agree with that. Only that this season he´s improving in that regard a bit, and also I don´t consider Peco as extremelly strong in that regard either, so I hope for a tight title battle

But who knows, some more DNF while the other wins could change everything

Acosta to KTM in 2024? Not sure if that´s a good move, even if KTM is improving I´m not sure, I think he could sign with a stronger team. But he need to prove his talent in MotoGP too so for a maiden in MotoGP maybe it´s a good option
But KTM seem to be improving rapidly right now! I think they’re the ones that could fight Ducati in terms of development if you also take into account their relations with Red Bull technologies!

Acosta though has to prove himself in the top category! Augusta Fernandez beat Acosta last year yet he’s just now starting to shine…though I wouldn’t call his speed really promising! So let’s wait and see about Acosta next year!

Question is: where do KTM place him? Is there really any chance of a third KTM team?
Stronger team than KTM is only ducati right now. KTM are loosing at top speed ( maybe) and braking. Same level or maybe little bit better at traction when outing from turns and maybe better at turns. So they can catch Ducati with a few improvements, maybe this season maybe next season.
I wonder if it is possible to run a third bike out there ? I remember that Honda brought Bradle with HRC coloured bike and then lost one of factory riders. Then they decided to call Lecona because Bradle was already invited. So they would run 5 bike at race. I don't know if it is alower for a few race or for whole season.

AMG.Tzan

etusch wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 19:17
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Right now Peco is the man to beat and Martin still need to prove consistency along a whole season, I agree with that. Only that this season he´s improving in that regard a bit, and also I don´t consider Peco as extremelly strong in that regard either, so I hope for a tight title battle

Acosta to KTM in 2024? Not sure if that´s a good move, even if KTM is improving I´m not sure, I think he could sign with a stronger team. But he need to prove his talent in MotoGP too so for a maiden in MotoGP maybe it´s a good option
But KTM seem to be improving rapidly right now! I think they’re the ones that could fight Ducati in terms of development if you also take into account their relations with Red Bull technologies!

Acosta though has to prove himself in the top category! Augusta Fernandez beat Acosta last year yet he’s just now starting to shine…though I wouldn’t call his speed really promising! So let’s wait and see about Acosta next year!

Question is: where do KTM place him? Is there really any chance of a third KTM team?
Stronger team than KTM is only ducati right now. KTM are loosing at top speed ( maybe) and braking. Same level or maybe little bit better at traction when outing from turns and maybe better at turns. So they can catch Ducati with a few improvements, maybe this season maybe next season.
I wonder if it is possible to run a third bike out there ? I remember that Honda brought Bradle with HRC coloured bike and then lost one of factory riders. Then they decided to call Lecona because Bradle was already invited. So they would run 5 bike at race. I don't know if it is alower for a few race or for whole season.
Exactly that!

I would also put KTM No2 right now! Aprilia was better at the start of the year but they've fallen a bit behind now! KTM has the money, has the right people and the right collaborations (in Red Bull Technologies) to challenge Ducati!

I remember Honda running 3 bikes back in 2011 all year long (Stoner, Pedrosa and Dovi)! I don't know if the rules have changed since but I think their best option is to run a 3rd team! It will also help them improve at a faster rate too...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

AMG.Tzan wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 19:32
etusch wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 19:17
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Exactly that!

I would also put KTM No2 right now! Aprilia was better at the start of the year but they've fallen a bit behind now! KTM has the money, has the right people and the right collaborations (in Red Bull Technologies) to challenge Ducati!

I remember Honda running 3 bikes back in 2011 all year long (Stoner, Pedrosa and Dovi)! I don't know if the rules have changed since but I think their best option is to run a 3rd team! It will also help them improve at a faster rate too...
The 3 bikes was because Dovi had HRC by the short and curlies with regards to being placed in the "factory" team as part of the contract. He could have had "factory bike" and be placed in LCR/Gresini but he took the firm stance and didn't make the most of it..hence into Tech 3

HRC are really on fire* this year and when they lose MM93 then it's all going to be a very large mess indeed. I think that is what they really need to happen as without a reset they are stuck down the cul de sac of having a superhuman talent riding the bikes over the limits to gain the results. As we see now, the limit needs to be crossed too far, too often and the riders are being hurt.

*not in the good way
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Andres125sx

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Hopefully you´re right :D

I´m not too confident on KTM but to be sincere, looks like japaneesse bikes era has come to an end, Suzuki out, Yamaha and Honda far from the podium, and MotoGP dominated by european bikes.

AMG.Tzan

Andres125sx wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 07:55
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Hopefully you´re right :D

I´m not too confident on KTM but to be sincere, looks like japaneesse bikes era has come to an end, Suzuki out, Yamaha and Honda far from the podium, and MotoGP dominated by european bikes.
So talk of a third KTM team has already gone out of the window since Ezpeleta himself yesterday said they're not going to allow it and instead they're pushing for a 20-bike field!

There goes the rumor of Marc partnering Acosta on a Husquvarna branded KTM! An even bigger question arises as to where do they put Acosta! Most probably Fernandez (unfairly) will be gone! If I were KTM I would also pay Pol to leave, harsh I know, but even if he returns back to 100% (which he won't) he won't be anywhere near Binder or Miller (let alone Marc or Acosta on the same bike)!

So most probable outcome for 2024 will be Marc stays at Honda and Acosta takes Fernandez's place at GasGas! Mid-2024 will be a whole different silly season though...

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

I think you are right.

MM to give HRC the biggest kick in the arse that they do need.

go big, or go home. Maybe the rousing of the giant that HRC can be is going to be quite a disruptive thing to the current hegemony that Ducati has developed.

Marc won't see the benefit..but someone like Febin Aldeguer (spelling) or perhaps a drafted in Iker Lecuona.

Will Joan Mir leave? Will Rins delay his return to find a slot in Repsol?

It's all just a bit of a mess
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

etusch

JM Leave for what? Leaving means leaving motogp.
Honda and Yamaha will be there again but certainly it will not happen overnight. People in the sport should know this better than us.
At last race with new elctronics All 3 honda riders could keep bike up. Just lecona withdove because of technical issue and he was very angry with that because he was happy with his performance as a not full time rider. There were so many crashes that can give him point chance too. But at the end still the performance was not good.
I believe they (Honda & Yamaha) should change the concept of their bikes, entering ducati ktm way or finding a better way. Dorna working on giving Honda & Yamaha some rights to develop their bikes like ducati ktm aprilla had before. Maybe it will help them too.

Cuky

Cal will do a wildcard entey on Yamaha M1 in Motegi with Yamalube RS4GP team.

https://www.yamahamotogp.com/news/25-07 ... 5ni18PFNqY

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

etusch wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 21:02
JM Leave for what? Leaving means leaving motogp.
Honda and Yamaha will be there again but certainly it will not happen overnight. People in the sport should know this better than us.
At last race with new elctronics All 3 honda riders could keep bike up. Just lecona withdove because of technical issue and he was very angry with that because he was happy with his performance as a not full time rider. There were so many crashes that can give him point chance too. But at the end still the performance was not good.
I believe they (Honda & Yamaha) should change the concept of their bikes, entering ducati ktm way or finding a better way. Dorna working on giving Honda & Yamaha some rights to develop their bikes like ducati ktm aprilla had before. Maybe it will help them too.
I've read rumours of JM heading to Gresini, and Rins into Yamaha!

Also that Acosta has no seat to land on so what are KTM going to do? Pay off Pol?

Agreed that the Japanese bikes are not really in the game at the moment and perhaps there is an issue - I was told that in the UK Yamaha sold only 15 R1 bikes - I find that hard to believe unless that is solely road registered. That is not a healthy range of bikes.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

etusch

Mir news denied. Alex have talks and Honda accepted that. They are struggling now and it is like a such a big thing because they were dominant so long.
I dont think yamaha’s selling affected by motogp. Because they are in better shape in wsbk which are similar to road bikes. Ducati winning there too but their price 2 fold of yamaha or kawa.

Cuky

Morbidelli and Yamaha are parting their ways at the end of 2023
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2023/08/ ... son/474714

Alex Rins will ride for Monster Yamaha in 2024
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2023/08/ ... son/474725

AMG.Tzan

If Alex Marquez can win on a year old Gresini Ducati…imagine what Marc can do on it! Not to mention a factory one…

I cannot believe how far behind the Japanese have fallen right now! This is unbelievable…with every single race the are even worse in race pace!

The main target right now is being on a European bike! It doesn’t matter if it’s a satellite! That’s why I think Rins made a mistake by not going for a European bike! There’s no point in leaving Honda to join Yamaha (although his reason were valid)

What a scene having the 2019,2020 and 2021 champions all battling for the very last positions…

etusch

I don't want to see Marc's performance on a ducati. But on a KTM or on an Aprilla. I believe he could be champion with both machine. I feel same for Quartararo too.
Alex Marquez override it meaninglessly. Jorge Martin Johan Zarco can do far better than him but they know to stay in the limit.

By the way Fabio was happy with what he tried at silverstone for the first time this season, a new fairing with more df and swingarm and rear shocks. He says they can use same aero setup at next race too. He made very good progress during race until crash which is because of lack of power, we can say. He says they are lack of power and because of that they use lesser df setup compared to front runners. If they have decent engine power and can use a df level as ktm or ducati, they can be far better at turns and defend position at straights.
So maybe yamaha see the light. Next year there will be new fuel, so they can have chance. But they should find more power in any case.

After so long, it was wonderfull race. It is good from start to end. Finally Aprilla got it. They are working on a carbon chassis. I don't know why, they just need to make small affective touchs like redbull did in f1 and they already have a wonderfull bike. But they operate like ferrari.

aleks_ader

KINDA agree. But if they manage to make carbon chassis work. Its quite game changing.

Material science advanced massively. Also knowledge what makes bikes faster also.

Isn't cost effective way. But if they got funding right. Then why not. Ducati and KTM have overall edge- anyway.

Also is not unheard this rumour is just ploy by Aprilia to hide their true development path...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

AMG.Tzan

etusch wrote:
07 Aug 2023, 19:26
I don't want to see Marc's performance on a ducati. But on a KTM or on an Aprilla. I believe he could be champion with both machine. I feel same for Quartararo too.
Alex Marquez override it meaninglessly. Jorge Martin Johan Zarco can do far better than him but they know to stay in the limit.

By the way Fabio was happy with what he tried at silverstone for the first time this season, a new fairing with more df and swingarm and rear shocks. He says they can use same aero setup at next race too. He made very good progress during race until crash which is because of lack of power, we can say. He says they are lack of power and because of that they use lesser df setup compared to front runners. If they have decent engine power and can use a df level as ktm or ducati, they can be far better at turns and defend position at straights.
So maybe yamaha see the light. Next year there will be new fuel, so they can have chance. But they should find more power in any case.

After so long, it was wonderfull race. It is good from start to end. Finally Aprilla got it. They are working on a carbon chassis. I don't know why, they just need to make small affective touchs like redbull did in f1 and they already have a wonderfull bike. But they operate like ferrari.
I agree!

I believe Aprilia’s next move should be to try and poach one of Marc or Fabio…or even both of them if they can! If they manage to do so then I think this is the last piece of the puzzle for them to mount a championship attack! Vinales and Esparagaro are fast but not consistent or aggressive enough to battle Bagnaia throughout the season!

Both KTM and Aprilia have a lot of development potential and KTM too needs more consistent riders! Both Binder and Miller are quite fast riders but they too seem to lack consistency! Binder also being unable for once to start up front and battle! He always starts behind and has to pass half the field before being anywhere near Bagnaia…

On a side note! What’s going on with Bastianini? Even he himself admitted to being 100% in terms of fitness! What a shame he was looking so fast last year, I always thought he would bleach Bagnaia on the same spec Ducati but guess what…! If doesn’t get any better I don’t see him staying at Ducati past 2024… :oops: