Is the RB19 Dominant?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mendis
mendis

Re: Is the RB19 Dominant?

fourmula1 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 13:13
VivecF1 wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:23
fourmula1 wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:19
Yes, the car is dominant (so far) by all measures in my opinion. Huge respect to the technical staff. Do not love the way the team runs and manages drivers and media but I guess that isn't relevant to this. If PER is able to challenge VER for the title, and if the team allows them to truly fight, it could be an amazing season. I only have a problem with the dominance if it is one driver, all the time, no matter what (both because of his talent AND because of the team politics). I hope they battle and we get to see the true pace of the car, much like the MERC years. Even if it is a battle two minutes up the road, how incredible would that be.
Alas there doesn't seem to be a sliver of hope for that :(.
Perez won in Jeddah just because his teammate had to come from p15.
If Ferrari doesn't get their shizzle together, if AM doesn't find a heap of luck and if Mercedes' B-spec car isn't a miracle... it's gonna be one of those seasons...
I’ll remain a delusional/hopeful fan of F1 and keep saying “but maybe!!!”. Maybe RB gets more positive PR if they have a teammate battle instead of one driver winning everything and cruising to the title. There is only one type of fan who wants to see the latter. RB already has them as a fanbase so expand by putting on a show.
What should they do to make Perez faster?

fourmula1
fourmula1

mendis wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 01:39
fourmula1 wrote:
VivecF1 wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 20:23

Alas there doesn't seem to be a sliver of hope for that :(.
Perez won in Jeddah just because his teammate had to come from p15.
If Ferrari doesn't get their shizzle together, if AM doesn't find a heap of luck and if Mercedes' B-spec car isn't a miracle... it's gonna be one of those seasons...
I’ll remain a delusional/hopeful fan of F1 and keep saying “but maybe!!!”. Maybe RB gets more positive PR if they have a teammate battle instead of one driver winning everything and cruising to the title. There is only one type of fan who wants to see the latter. RB already has them as a fanbase so expand by putting on a show.
Oh, I don't know that they can "make him faster". I turn on the TV to watch with the premise that there still could be an amazing battle up front...no matter how unlikely or delusional mind set might be. :D I think I am just saying - if - RB can provide a level playing field in terms of resources, data, calls, priority...it might be in their best interest. Assuming it results in some tight battles, epic moments, more highlights, screen time, advertising, and more entertainment for all fans. Here's to hoping. \:D/

langedweil

fourmula1 wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 15:10
mendis wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 01:39
fourmula1 wrote:

Oh, I don't know that they can "make him faster". I turn on the TV to watch with the premise that there still could be an amazing battle up front...no matter how unlikely or delusional mind set might be. :D I think I am just saying - if - RB can provide a level playing field in terms of resources, data, calls, priority...it might be in their best interest. Assuming it results in some tight battles, epic moments, more highlights, screen time, advertising, and more entertainment for all fans. Here's to hoping. \:D/
Hope is just delayed disappointment 😎
Look, for that to happen both drivers need to structuraly be kind of in the same league and being separated in qualy by hunderths instead of tenths. Which hasn't been the case so far really.
Rosberg was in a sense to Hamilton ...
HuggaWugga !

mendis
mendis

fourmula1 wrote:
if - RB can provide a level playing field in terms of resources, data, calls, priority...it might be in their best interest. Assuming it results in some tight battles, epic moments, more highlights, screen time, advertising, and more entertainment for all fans. Here's to hoping. \:D/
You are saying, RB isn't providing level playing field to Perez?

fourmula1
fourmula1

mendis wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 18:21
fourmula1 wrote:
if - RB can provide a level playing field in terms of resources, data, calls, priority...it might be in their best interest. Assuming it results in some tight battles, epic moments, more highlights, screen time, advertising, and more entertainment for all fans. Here's to hoping. \:D/
You are saying, RB isn't providing level playing field to Perez?
Oh, interesting. Good question...what's your take on it? :wink:

If there is any chance at all for a battle - I want it. I hope the playing field is level and they do not give priority to one over the other, simply for the sake of my own entertainment.

chrisc90

Ive seen absolutely NO evidence of Perez being 2nd this season.

Dont forget it was RB that wanted Max to let Perez through in Brazil.

PlatinumZealot

chrisc90 wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 20:54

Max was already champion at that point so it was essentially consolation for Perez.

Otherwise if Max is in contention, Perez willbe ordered no doubt to not just step aside, but also drop back one lap to interfer with rivals if needs be.

Fortunately we haven't reach that nexus this season. Perez can still hang in there and hope that unrealiabilty of the other carplays into his hands.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

chrisc90

I cant recall any last season either. only one springing to mind was Max coming up to checo at nearly 1.5-2seconds a lap and checo being told that Max wasnt his race.

mendis
mendis

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 21:16
chrisc90 wrote:

Max was already champion at that point so it was essentially consolation for Perez.

Otherwise if Max is in contention, Perez willbe ordered no doubt to not just step aside, but also drop back one lap to interfer with rivals if needs be.

Fortunately we haven't reach that nexus this season. Perez can still hang in there and hope that unrealiabilty of the other carplays into his hands.
Perez has exactly same chances of car failure as Max. If not, he is getting preferred material!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

mendis wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 01:22
PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 21:16
chrisc90 wrote:

Perez has exactly same chances of car failure as Max. If not, he is getting preferred material!
No, it only works like that if Perez has more crashes and failures :wink:

PlatinumZealot

Wait. Wut.

Just saying Perez can be champion if he keeps finishing second and taking the odd win when Max's car breaks down. Unfortuantely we don't bave Bernie and his "double points" finale to keep things from getting too snoozy.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Sieper

No, you said Checo has been ordered aside last season. Which hasn’t happened. Only thing was clearly no fight when they were on different strategies. Happened twice or so and in any of these cases Max would have come through on fresher tires if they would have fought. Which would have made zero sense.

mendis
mendis

The competition has spent a year trying to catch up and in fact has lost ground than make up unlike 2009. Even in 2009, it was RB that reign on Brawn after 6 or so races when Brawn was struggling with funding. Ferrari has gone backwards from their strong showing of early 2022. Mercedes continues to be where they were minus the disco. RB penalty period is going to be over by October and they go back to full steam development. RB19 is mostly a refined RB18 and as Marko quoted somewhere, they couldn't work on some big ideas due to penalty, which they would implement once they get over the penalty.
How do you reckon the competition would "claw back" RB? Currently the advantage "on show" was a little over a second for RB19 in races. Like George mentioned, RB hasn't shown the full advantage yet as they were just managing. How is competition going to bridge such a big gap within a season, while RB is also developing?
Last edited by Stu on 11 Apr 2023, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted post deleted (off topic)

PlatinumZealot

Sieper wrote:
10 Apr 2023, 13:46
No, you said Checo has been ordered aside last season. Which hasn’t happened. Only thing was clearly no fight when they were on different strategies. Happened twice or so and in any of these cases Max would have come through on fresher tires if they would have fought. Which would have made zero sense.
Nope. I said if it comes down to the wire with a rival Perez will be ordered aside to give Max the best haul of points. There was no
one challenging Max down to the wire last year and the same for this year. So Checo will not be ordered aside. He won't be allowed to clash with Max early on, but if he plays his cards right... Just hanging in there to be close enough near season's end where reliabilty can come into play he can "show his true colours" and hope that reliabilty comes into play as well
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

There's nothing like a good spring cleaning :lol: