2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 15 -17

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
denyall

Re: 2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 15 -17

Just to be clear, I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying the won't. For a litany of reasons, history and traditions, cost, logistics, whatever, money, etc..

If a conspiracy were proven then I'm sure the teams would consider litigation, they wouldn't have a choice. Honestly, I think the teams have just as much financial interest as the governing body in publicity surrounding controversy. I don't see one team upturning the apple cart. Merc almost did in AD21, but backed away.

I'm probably attributing to a conspiracy, what is actually incompetence.

Astro85
Astro85

Now we have an answer why Hamilton was quicker than George in the last stint, George was just managing his tyres for a late attack, it's becoming more apparent that neither driver could have won.

Sieper

Astro85 wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:11
Now we have an answer why Hamilton was quicker than George in the last stint, George was just managing his tyres for a late attack, it's becoming more apparent that neither driver could have won.

They could have perhaps, Split strategy, then they could have broken the drs train with the guy that stayed out.

organic

I think Hamilton would've won no matter what shovlin says. Shovlin can't come out and say that if Hamilton was in George's place he would've won rather than bin it can he? What a way to create a team atmosphere that would be :D

Let it rest.

randolf
randolf

organic wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:53
I think Hamilton would've won no matter what shovlin says. Shovlin can't come out and say that if Hamilton was in George's place he would've won rather than bin it can he? What a way to create a team atmosphere that would be :D

Let it rest.
It's difficult to say if Lewis would have won. He was kept off in Silverstone by Norris despite being on a step harder tyres. Both Norris and Sainz would have extremely aggressive in defending their position. It would always remain a fascinating question if Lewis would have won as there is no way to know.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Astro85 wrote:

George wasn't saving anything... the guy was sliding all over the place the last 2 laps

dans79

Spoutnik wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 20:24
George wasn't saving anything... the guy was sliding all over the place the last 2 laps
Yea, even the commentators mentioned it, and you know its bad when even Crofty can see it.
197 104 103 7

JPower
JPower

Astro85 wrote:

Russell toasted his tires because his outlap was super aggressive in comparison to Hamilton's. This is obvious.

karana
karana

Not really. Hamilton spent 3.5 seconds more in the pit lane than Russel due to the double stack. And looking at the replays, Hamilton lost the time when he was already past the control line, so when comparing outlaps you have to decuct those 3.5 seconds from Hamilton's time. But then there is also the effect that there was an VSC at the beginning of their outlap, which makes Hamilton's outlap look a bit faster than it was (compared to Russel). All in all there probably wasn't a big difference between them, even though Hamilton's outlap was on paper 2 seconds slower than Russel's.