2023 Mexican Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Oct 27 - 29

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
CHT
CHT

Re: 2023 Mexican Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Oct 27 - 29

After a slight blip in pace last week I am expecting it will be business as usual for RB and MV this weekend. Lets hope Perez can live up to the expectation for this one.

basti313
basti313

CHT wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 13:37
Lets hope Perez can live up to the expectation for this one.
I fear it will be a (the last?) humiliation with Perez not finishing on the podium. The track luckily has no fast corners which seems to me like an issue for Perez and is to some degree (stadium) to drive like a street circuit. BUT it is still slippery in the stadium and this kills Perez in overtaking. I tried to look back some years and he never overtook anyone on this track as far as I can see it. Furthermore the Q is very selective, many errors in Q...
Don`t russel the hamster!

ringo

If mercedes get it right, it could be Russel or Hamilton on Pole. Russel heats the tyres quicker, so I expect maybe a suprise pole from him. Ferrari I am not sure. If the turn down their engines they may be handicapped.
Mclaren still had low speed weakness,.. but Norris did not do too badly in singapore.
For Sure!!

organic

Yes Ferrari's performance depends on their choices with engine. They apparently need to take an engine penalty with Charles somewhere - could be here if they don't expect to be strong already

search

did they turn down all engines last year, or was it some kind of specific issue for the Ferrari team? Bottas in the Alfa looked surprisingly strong back then

organic

search wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 15:57
did they turn down all engines last year, or was it some kind of specific issue for the Ferrari team? Bottas in the Alfa looked surprisingly strong back then
Ferrari turbos were in safe mode. Don't think it affected customers ?

search

sounds like something they may be able to fix then. But if they need a new engine anyway, it would probably still make sense to bring it in before Vegas, so either now or in Brazil.

organic

search wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 16:48
sounds like something they may be able to fix then. But if they need a new engine anyway, it would probably still make sense to bring it in before Vegas, so either now or in Brazil.
Yeah it sounds like they're gonna take one this weekend IMO. From Duchessa
However, what limited performance the most in Austin were many small problems that other teams also experienced, namely the management of the Power Unit - especially critical for Charles Leclerc - and the brakes . In Maranello they are waiting to unveil a new engine for this season finale , so as to have greater security.

organic

WINGS

Looks like AMR have their med-high wing on instead of the Monaco wing they used at least for first part of weekend at Austin

McLaren continue with their Singapore spec med-high wing

stephen

Max Verstappen to have extra security for Mexico GP due to online threats.
Stephen Marengo
My F1 favorites: Community | Team | Driver

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

stephen wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 20:53
That's just sad.. Why do they hate him so much in Mexico? Just because of the team order thing in Brazil last season?

chrisc90

That could be a decent reason SVB. It could be perfectly credible to think so for us people outside Mexico (and seemingly the USA/COTA).

Nobody competing in a sport deserves death threats or insults towards them. We have seen it countless times over the years, theres even a good few instances over the last few years. Latifi in 2021, Masi in 2021, Max's Family when they received abuse that Max called out in the press conference (cant remember the venue/date), now we have rumours of it going to happen in Mexico. I'll dare bet Lewis has been on the wrong end of abuse online/trackside in many years. (which does lead me to think, you typically dont tend to see too many instances of hate towards Lewis from the crowd than others online. I remember a recent clip of fans booing the RBR mechanics for some odd reason. You dont tend to see that towards any other driver from what ive seen)

Its a shame and these people are not true fans of the sport. They need to be called out publicly and shamed for it. Im sure F1 recently introduced some anti bullying/abuse measures just this year to target things like this.

PlatinumZealot

stephen wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 20:53
His rise in F1 grew along with the rise in "soccer fan behaviour" in F1 as well. Not helped by his million strong orange army. In other words fan factions aka tribalism.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

organic

PinkFloydPulse

Acapulco completely destroyed, not a single power line made it through the storm... Military on the streets doing cleanup, many presumed dead and missing... Wonder if it will affect the race...
Team Fernando!