Ferrari SF-24 speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Giogio
Giogio

Ferrari SF-24 speculation

TOPIC ON FERRARI 2024 CAR SPECULATION

Giogio
Giogio

Re: Ferrari SF-24 speculation

Vasseur said there will not a change of philosofy for the "sf24" what do you think about it?
Last edited by Giogio on 26 Nov 2023, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

franbatista123

Giogio wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 17:47
https://x.com/_racingpaddock_/status/17 ... 70441?s=20
Vasseur said there will not a change of philosofy for the "sf24" what do you think about it?
I think that's a PR response, basically saying that next year is not just about the car but about improving everywhere as a team. All signs so far point to a major change in the car, like Mercedes.

Sevach
Sevach

I hope the team figures out why it's slow on harder compounds.
And that they can add a ton of downforce now that they won't have the underpinings of a different concept blocking their progress.

Giogio
Giogio

franbatista123 wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 17:54
Giogio wrote:
I think that's a PR response, basically saying that next year is not just about the car but about improving everywhere as a team. All signs so far point to a major change in the car, like Mercedes.
I really hope that will like you said

franbatista123

Giogio wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 17:57
franbatista123 wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 17:54
Giogio wrote:
I really hope that will like you said
I think it is, Enrico Cardile has already kinda spoiled it back in the Summer, when he said the SF24 won't be an evolution of the SF23.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

We don't know that it will be called the SF-24. It has been called project 676?

jambuka
jambuka

Ferrari should just go back to naming it F2024.

Giogio
Giogio

AR3-GP wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 18:19
We don't know that it will be called the SF-24. It has been called project 676?
I don't know

AMG.Tzan

Ferrari started as the 2nd fastest car and ended the season as the 2nd fastest car again! Somewhere in the season they lost their way...the new sidepods seemed to bring nothing at first but more and more fine tuning got them back to second place!

For me Ferrari has got a great base car since the start of 2022! Porpoising and TD039 kept them searching for solutions while others kept on developing! I think they can still extract performance from this development route without having to go Red Bull's way! Question is...is it enough to reach RB?? I don't think so...

btw Their start of the season unstable rear end seems to have been resolved?? Leclerc too looked like he got back to his old self for some reason...probably confidence back in the car!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Vanja #66

There is no reason not to expect big changes regarding chassis, lower SIS tube, suspension layout, etc. It will be a completely different-working car compared to launch SF-23. Then again, so is SF-23 Evo.

It should also be wrong to expect an RB19 clone (to an extent of McL M60 that exists now), since you can never figure out how another car works at 100% and it's better to find your own way.

What I expect we can see, from reports and my own observation:

- different FW approach than now, likely more towards F1-75 and a mix of RB19

- redesigned front suspension to a large extent, not sure pull or push-rod is crucial

- triangle airbox and tight engine cover will likely remain the feature

- lower placed low SIS tube, within the floor

- S-duct won't be carried over

- sidepods to evolve towards RB19 with wide inlet and high lower lip, rear end will likely be wider and more towards full downwash like RB

- top of the sidepods might go either way, I think RB solution works better in yaw while waterslides may provide some small gains on drag, so I think Ferrari won't put accent on waterslides

- evolved floor inlet and edge-wing of course, we can't say what the underside will look like since we don't know how the latest Japan itteration looks

- I don't expect bigger cannon outlet than now, while RB might reduce it further on RB20

- rear suspension redesign was announced, I think they will go with push rod rear now, it simply helps the downwash sidepods work better and leaves cleaner airflow path

- slight changes in diffuser geometry

- I think the Bahrain 23 wing (featured also in AD today) will remain the benchmark wing for testing and the number of wings used will drop to 5 at most

Compared to other top 5 cars now, Ferrari have the most room to improve regarding sidepods and rear end stability
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Sevach
Sevach

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 19:20

Compared to other top 5 cars now, Ferrari have the most room to improve regarding sidepods and rear end stability
Once they commit to a low SIS and full downwash(their current version looks like a half measure) they'll have lots of room for improvement on their undercut specially.

Giogio
Giogio

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 19:20
There is no reason not to expect big changes regarding chassis, lower SIS tube, suspension layout, etc. It will be a completely different-working car compared to launch SF-23. Then again, so is SF-23 Evo.

It should also be wrong to expect an RB19 clone (to an extent of McL M60 that exists now), since you can never figure out how another car works at 100% and it's better to find your own way.

What I expect we can see, from reports and my own observation:

- different FW approach than now, likely more towards F1-75 and a mix of RB19

- redesigned front suspension to a large extent, not sure pull or push-rod is crucial

- triangle airbox and tight engine cover will likely remain the feature

- lower placed low SIS tube, within the floor

- S-duct won't be carried over

- sidepods to evolve towards RB19 with wide inlet and high lower lip, rear end will likely be wider and more towards full downwash like RB

- top of the sidepods might go either way, I think RB solution works better in yaw while waterslides may provide some small gains on drag, so I think Ferrari won't put accent on waterslides

- evolved floor inlet and edge-wing of course, we can't say what the underside will look like since we don't know how the latest Japan itteration looks

- I don't expect bigger cannon outlet than now, while RB might reduce it further on RB20

- rear suspension redesign was announced, I think they will go with push rod rear now, it simply helps the downwash sidepods work better and leaves cleaner airflow path

- slight changes in diffuser geometry

- I think the Bahrain 23 wing (featured also in AD today) will remain the benchmark wing for testing and the number of wings used will drop to 5 at most

What is SIS tube?

Vanja #66

Giogio wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 20:50
What is SIS tube?
Side Impact Structure tube/cone

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Sevach
Sevach

Vanja #66 wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 21:08
Giogio wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 20:50
What is SIS tube?
Side Impact Structure tube/cone

https://storage.googleapis.com/the-race ... 2-16-9.jpg
Just adding, the Ferrari SF23 has their lower SIS positioned higher than teams running Red Bull style sidepods(RB, and others, have their SIS molded into the floor) and it presents an obstruction to the undercut this style of sidepod typically has.

This is why we expect a change in this area.