2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Mmmmmm ........!! ImageImageImage for Peter Bayer!!

(You have to click on the feed to see all the video's)

The Power of Dreams!

hasika
hasika

Although Yuki make another Q3 again,he said he was struggling with car balance in slow corners.
He felt the turning ability of the car was really poor in slow corners during qualifying and maybe the team can find better car set up if there was one more session.

PlatinumZealot

The team vibe and team energy feel good! Nice litttle team.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

djos

hasika wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 15:13
Although Yuki make another Q3 again,he said he was struggling with car balance in slow corners.
He felt the turning ability of the car was really poor in slow corners during qualifying and maybe the team can find better car set up if there was one more session.
Daniel seemed frustrated too, losing the first practice session followed by a wet second session really put him on the back foot.

Still, qualifying 11th under the circumstances, was a great result.
"In downforce we trust"

ispano6

Is Ricciardo complaining about having the pre-season chassis or the season opener version? Is the assumption that the preseason one is more dialed in or a patch job of parts that is suboptimal? Permane seems to think the cars are the same and judging by how close the cars were today they probably maximized the car's limit though Yuki looked like he should be taking a tighter line at hairpin and last corner tuck inside for the finish line to get a shave some more time off.

djos

ispano6 wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 06:30
Is Ricciardo complaining about having the pre-season chassis or the season opener version? Is the assumption that the preseason one is more dialed in or a patch job of parts that is suboptimal? Permane seems to think the cars are the same and judging by how close the cars were today they probably maximized the car's limit though Yuki looked like he should be taking a tighter line at hairpin and last corner tuck inside for the finish line to get a shave some more time off.
I dont believe so - I've never seen him or the team mention who has which chassis. AIUI, the main complaint is that he feels he is driving the chassis to it's maximum capability and cant see any more pace in it. He's also said it doesnt feel like there is anything specifically wrong with the car (although he said they've found and fixed things that were wrong in previous races), but he feels the chassis is holding him back (I'm paraphrasing).

I cant find the article that I read in the last day or so (maybe it was an F1 interview), but he said this year's car is behaving very differently from last years. Something about a lack of rear grip means he's had to change the setup so the car isnt as "pointy" as he prefers it.
"In downforce we trust"

ispano6

That pitstop crew and drive from Yuki earned back P10 they lost from starting on the mediums (it also is what caused the scenario that led to Ric/Albon's crash). Was a really calm and collected effort.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Nice race for Yuki. Points in front of the home crowd is a great result! Too bad for Ricciardo, he could've been on pace this race.

Dunlay
Dunlay

It's imperative to transition away from Riccardo. His lack of lap speed and diminishing racing instincts are becoming increasingly detrimental. Delaying this decision will only worsen the situation.

Wouter

=D> =D> =D>

Japanese blossom with many messages from Yuki's fans! What a nice gesture/idea!

Nice birthday present for Peter Bayer!!

I also see Lawson and Iwasa!

The Power of Dreams!

mzso
mzso

Kind of a sad ending to Ricciardo's career. He did virtually nothing good since his return.
Last edited by mzso on 07 Apr 2024, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

mzso wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 11:07
Kind of a sad ending to Ricciardos career. He did virtually nothing good since his return.
Why isn't he present at the celebration? Liam and Iwasa are. Nice to see now Mekies. I didn't like Tost at all.

The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

Pitstop and strategy has improved with new team principal.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Fantastic job by Yuki.Feel sad for Daniel ; time is running out for him.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

Wouter wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 11:44
Why isn't he present at the celebration? Liam and Iwasa are. Nice to see now Mekies. I didn't like Tost at all.
Probably was still hanging out with the stewards because of his lap 1 shenanigans.