2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
scuderiabrandon

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 18:12
BMMR61 wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 03:39

I am a big fan of Carlos and it amazes me how he divides the opinions of fans. Certainly this doesn't seem to be the case among teams and team managers so it must be a blind Leclerc fanbase who worship at the altar of raw speed - which Charles certainly possesses in heaps. There's a lot of speculation that Ferrari are reluctant to offer Carlos a multi-year extension which would seem like a strange decision by Freddy. Certainly he seems to favour Charles to a degree, nothing wrong with that, but this driver combination seems to me to be very complimentary. If Checo gets off to a bad start with the RB20 then I don't think Carlos would not be on Christian's shopping list, so Fred's reluctance seems all the more dangerous.

Carlos's father just won the Dakar rally and the manner in which he did it just made me think of Sainz Jnr. Sainz Snr did not win any stage outright at the Dakar Rally, but he won the Rally. Sainz Jnr said on twitter that his father outsmarted the competition.

Now you can see where Sainz Jnr gets his inspiration. Like father like son. Sainz Jnr might not be the fastest F1 driver out there but seems to possess those intangible qualities that make defeating him involve much more than simply being quicker.

Sainz does not have a history of drama on the track with his teammates. Near the line but never over it and I don't have any memory of him crashing into a teammate. I think he fits the current Ferrari. He is a very unproblematic driver. Leclerc also benefitted from having Sainz as a teammate. Leclerc started to learn the importance of politics off the track.

Fred is playing a strange game. RB will happily have him back.
His off track politics is what makes him much less bearable.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 18:12
Carlos's father just won the Dakar rally and the manner in which he did it just made me think of Sainz Jnr. Sainz Snr did not win any stage outright at the Dakar Rally, but he won the Rally. Sainz Jnr said on twitter that his father outsmarted the competition.
Not sure how exactly the competition was outsmarted, but in both their cases team mates were completely sacrificed for their wins.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

F1NAC

Watching a story on Ferrari’s instagram. Are they joining in America’s Cup? Some sort of R&D that could benefit F1 programme yet not have impact on budget cap?

scuderiabrandon

Charles Leclerc signs a new multi-year deal with Ferrari

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Darn, I was hoping for a transfer to RB :wink: :lol:

Vanja #66

"Scuderia Ferrari and Charles Leclerc moving forward together"

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/formula1/ ... d-together

There is no indication on contract length. Very interesting, wondering if this rushed press release is aimed at someone else, it was supposed to be an announcement along with car reveal for both drivers.

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 15:52
"Scuderia Ferrari and Charles Leclerc moving forward together"

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/formula1/ ... d-together

There is no indication on contract length. Very interesting, wondering if this rushed press release is aimed at someone else, it was supposed to be an announcement along with car reveal for both drivers.
No doubt it is aimed at Sainz camp. Basically saying we are building for future with Charles. You can come too if you want

Vanja #66

organic wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 18:46
No doubt it is aimed at Sainz camp. Basically saying we are building for future with Charles. You can come too if you want
To be honest, I think Sainz camp is well aware of the path Vasseur has set and I also think this is no secret within Maranello. We've been reading all about it for some time now. I also think that Ferrari has given Sainz 2 year extension offer and he wants more and probably some kind of equal technical input in car development or something like that, but Vasseur won't budge and this rushed announcement was likely a bit of a pressure move to force Sainz' response.

Considering Sainz Sr statements of late, I think he is pushing Jr to go to Sauber/Audi asap and start building the team around himself there. I think this would be the best option for Sainz Jr, considering his desire to be the #1 driver in a works/factory team. After all, Vasseur was quite straightforward with this part of the statement "We are determined to give Charles a winning car..."

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

Kalsi
Kalsi

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 19:10
organic wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 18:46
To be honest, I think Sainz camp is well aware of the path Vasseur has set and I also think this is no secret within Maranello. We've been reading all about it for some time now. I also think that Ferrari has given Sainz 2 year extension offer and he wants more and probably some kind of equal technical input in car development or something like that, but Vasseur won't budge and this rushed announcement was likely a bit of a pressure move to force Sainz' response.

Considering Sainz Sr statements of late, I think he is pushing Jr to go to Sauber/Audi asap and start building the team around himself there. I think this would be the best option for Sainz Jr, considering his desire to be the #1 driver in a works/factory team. After all, Vasseur was quite straightforward with this part of the statement "We are determined to give Charles a winning car..."
Sad words to read but... Let's be real... Ferrari cant afford the "Let them battle" strategy against redbull and merc which clearly doesnt follow that path. If Ferrari want to be competitive against them, this is KEY, and Vasseur finally brought this back

Vanja #66

Kalsi wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 20:26
Sad words to read but... Let's be real... Ferrari cant afford the "Let them battle" strategy against redbull and merc which clearly doesnt follow that path. If Ferrari want to be competitive against them, this is KEY, and Vasseur finally brought this back
It's not sad, one of the biggest reasons Ferrari missed 17 and 18 titles with Vettel was because Arrivabene and Marchionne insisted on equal treatment of him and Kimi. Imagine how Singapore 2017 would have ended. Imagine how the 18 season would have gone if Seb took the 17 title.

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 21:04
Kalsi wrote:
It's not sad, one of the biggest reasons Ferrari missed 17 and 18 titles with Vettel was because Arrivabene and Marchionne insisted on equal treatment of him and Kimi. Imagine how Singapore 2017 would have ended. Imagine how the 18 season would have gone if Seb took the 17 title.
Monza 2018 qualifying how can we forget. Immeasurable levels of mismanagement. Bottas gets sent out to tow Hamilton. Ferrari sent Vettel out to give Kimi the tow. =D> Immeasurable mismanagement of a championship from a team that once invented gearbox troubles for Massa :lol:. Vettel was not supported enough in 2018. 2017 car wasn't good enough.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 21:09
2017 car wasn't good enough.
Haas VF-18 looks at you in disbelief... :mrgreen:

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

aleks_ader

AR3-GP wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 21:09
Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 21:04
Kalsi wrote:
Monza 2018 qualifying how can we forget. Immeasurable levels of mismanagement. Bottas gets sent out to tow Hamilton. Ferrari sent Vettel out to give Kimi the tow. =D> Immeasurable mismanagement of a championship from a team that once invented gearbox troubles for Massa :lol:. Vettel was not supported enough in 2018. 2017 car wasn't good enough.
This is also mine argument why Vettel did all those mistakes. He put so much pressure on his shoulders he simply fumbled it all. Team principal should acknowledge this pronto. And they didn't. I do not think would be enough too wint all but fight could be closer. In some strage timeline arguabby maybe would even pressure Merc in some dumb mistakes. Vettel was maybe not so cutthroat or pure talent like Alonso or Schumacher in his days - but support was not there fully IMO. SAI is not bad at all. But 2022 proved too me when there is something too put on line he does not have extra edge when needed. Sadly and maybe even good for him wants more. But from team perspective he would be best no2 driver in F1. With Rusell- Ham best duo on grid IMO.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

mendis
mendis

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 19:10
Considering Sainz Sr statements of late, I think he is pushing Jr to go to Sauber/Audi asap and start building the team around himself there. I think this would be the best option for Sainz Jr, considering his desire to be the #1 driver in a works/factory team.
It doesn't work like that. As soon as a hot rod comes in, the guy that was building team around him gets relegated to second position in a natural manner. Seb at Red Bull, Lewis in Mercedes, Max at Red Bull and Charles at Ferrari. If Audi finds a super fast youngster, then Sainz would become No.2, unless Sainz gets lucky with a winning car and sub par team mate.

Vanja #66

mendis wrote:
26 Jan 2024, 04:18
It doesn't work like that. As soon as a hot rod comes in, the guy that was building team around him gets relegated to second position in a natural manner. Seb at Red Bull, Lewis in Mercedes, Max at Red Bull and Charles at Ferrari. If Audi finds a super fast youngster, then Sainz would become No.2, unless Sainz gets lucky with a winning car and sub par team mate.
Agreed, but let's not multiply hypotheticals :) Sainz Jr is a Ferrari driver in 2024 and both he and the team say they are determined to continue together.

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie