2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
06 May 2024, 22:25
Can someone make a comp between Sainz lap times after he overtook Piastri and Norris laptimes?
That would be a somewhat useful indication.

I guess last lap should be ignored. Lando took it really easy.

MTL79
MTL79

Emag wrote:
06 May 2024, 22:30
Xyz22 wrote:
Can someone make a comp between Sainz lap times after he overtook Piastri and Norris laptimes?
https://i.imgur.com/TVLYdg6.png

I'm trying to understand how to interpret this graph, all data points on the Y axis appear to be the same value (1:31)?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

It’s the en-Mclaren f1 website that you want. It shows laptimes and the time delta in a clear head to head format. They don’t have timing for Miami updated yet.

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/
Unless someone wants to type the raw values from F1 tempo manually into a document. I don’t want to do that… :lol:

China:
Last edited by AR3-GP on 06 May 2024, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.

Emag
Emag

MTL79 wrote:
06 May 2024, 22:37
Emag wrote:
06 May 2024, 22:30
Xyz22 wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/TVLYdg6.png

I'm trying to understand how to interpret this graph, all data points on the Y axis appear to be the same value (1:31)?
Unfortunately f1tempo decided to floor to nearest minute for some reason.

If the first 1:31 at the bottom corresponds to 1:31.0 and the last at the top corresponds to 1:31.9 then I guess the other two lines would be 31.333 and 31.666

Not ideal, but can help eyeball some of the laptimes.

Xyz22
Xyz22

The difference should be around 0.1s on average by mere eyeballing the laptimes.
Of course, we don't know if Lando was pushing like Carlos.

dia6olo
dia6olo

Xyz22 wrote:
06 May 2024, 23:12
The difference should be around 0.1s on average by mere eyeballing the laptimes.
https://twitter.com/...579223923740824
According to Federico Albano, the difference between Sainz and Lando was 0.15s during the second stint...

Xyz22
Xyz22

dia6olo wrote:
07 May 2024, 04:37
Xyz22 wrote:
06 May 2024, 23:12
https://twitter.com/...579223923740824
According to Federico Albano, the difference between Sainz and Lando was 0.15s during the second stint...
I didn’t do too bad then 😄

jumpingfish

If someone need it. UNTIL = SAI (google translate jokes :D )

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Given Norris was likely just running his own pace at the end rather than pushing hard or anything, I'd guess the real gap to have been more like a quarter second a lap at least, had Norris had anything else to push for. We could see earlier in the race once Norris was in clear air and pushing harder, he was quite a bit quicker.

I have no doubt Mclaren made a sizeable improvement with the new package, but we'll have to see how much this weekend was down to things all just lining up for them or whatever, too. Mclaren say they should be better at other tracks, but given Red Bull was nearly superglued on for the win by most reckoning before the weekend, it wasn't a usual situation. I'm certainly not buying into any specific '4 tenths' claims or anything as that's gonna be impossible to know from external analysis.

Still, that is two races in a row Mclaren were faster than us, so there's definitely gonna be plenty of pressure for the Imola update to be big and perform well.

Space-heat
Space-heat

Seanspeed wrote:
07 May 2024, 13:48
Given Norris was likely just running his own pace at the end rather than pushing hard or anything, I'd guess the real gap to have been more like a quarter second a lap at least, had Norris had anything else to push for. We could see earlier in the race once Norris was in clear air and pushing harder, he was quite a bit quicker.

I have no doubt Mclaren made a sizeable improvement with the new package, but we'll have to see how much this weekend was down to things all just lining up for them or whatever, too. Mclaren say they should be better at other tracks, but given Red Bull was nearly superglued on for the win by most reckoning before the weekend, it wasn't a usual situation. I'm certainly not buying into any specific '4 tenths' claims or anything as that's gonna be impossible to know from external analysis.

Still, that is two races in a row Mclaren were faster than us, so there's definitely gonna be plenty of pressure for the Imola update to be big and perform well.
Charles had to restart his Hards 1-2 times (if you count VSC) and had 10 lap older tires. Max had to restart his once and had "floor damage".

The standard discussion about the race leader not pushing (usually around Ver) is a what if. No one knows, but surely Norris would want a safety car window if he could get it, so he probably pushed up to the last 2/3 laps. Regardless without the Safety Car, Ver wins. So RBR as still the pack leader Ferrari are targeting. McL might have jumped Ferrari but RBR is still the target imo.

As you said Imola update is important. Given how well the base has performed, how it was criticized at launch as being aero simplistic and the fact Fred and the team have been pointing to this "aggressive update" since testing, I am excited. It is the hopes that kills but hopefully the team produces.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Even Alonso didn't expect such a divebomb in the last corner. :D

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Xyz22 wrote:
07 May 2024, 18:09

Even Alonso didn't expect such a divebomb in the last corner. :D
They were not even close to the same move lmao. Ocon has medium tires. Alonso has hard tires. Alonso would never have expected a move from that distance. Piastri's intentions were signaled very early. Look at the distance between the cars at the 200M board:

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

franbatista123 wrote:
06 May 2024, 19:16
Ferrari is still in a much better position than Mclaren, provided the upgrades work. The car is consistent, works in different conditions/tracks and only has a couple of things to improve but nothing too major (slow speed, bit of drag reduction, getting tyres up to temperature).

Remember that Ferrari focused more on consistency this year (rightfully so) and were a bit conservative, but now is the time to unlock performance. The question isn't if Mclaren has surpassed Ferrari, but if Ferrari with the upgrades will be better than RB IMO.

Operationally, strategies and pit stops have been very good, ok at worst which is still much better than previous years. I must say... i am so excited for Imola :)
I think that's over-stating it. Clearly McLaren have a more aggressive program. And they are getting more out of upgrades than anyone else.

jambuka
jambuka

Just waiting for first look/news on upgrades now. Let's go. Even if they are 0.2 sec as rumoured, it is going to be big with margins so tight.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
07 May 2024, 19:00
franbatista123 wrote:
06 May 2024, 19:16
Ferrari is still in a much better position than Mclaren, provided the upgrades work. The car is consistent, works in different conditions/tracks and only has a couple of things to improve but nothing too major (slow speed, bit of drag reduction, getting tyres up to temperature).

Remember that Ferrari focused more on consistency this year (rightfully so) and were a bit conservative, but now is the time to unlock performance. The question isn't if Mclaren has surpassed Ferrari, but if Ferrari with the upgrades will be better than RB IMO.

Operationally, strategies and pit stops have been very good, ok at worst which is still much better than previous years. I must say... i am so excited for Imola :)
I think that's over-stating it. Clearly McLaren have a more aggressive program. And they are getting more out of upgrades than anyone else.
McLaren is clearly more determined to succeed in Formula 1. Ferrari is more focused on the road car business.