2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

scuderiabrandon wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 02:41
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 02:35
well, the issue with Sainz is that his car preferences are polar opposites with Leclerc's. That's not the case with Lewis.

I still think the rumor's bullshit btw.
It's his off track politics we all hate.
You have to admit that there's a cosmic irony here. For whatever magnetic "charm" that Sainz had, Hamilton's case is ever more so magnetic. If Hamilton actually came to Ferrari, all of the attention would be on him both internally and externally.

That's also why I can't envision it.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Leaking technical details all the time and now this. So much for a low profile preseason. It's getting ridiculous.
Last edited by KimiRai on 01 Feb 2024, 09:31, edited 4 times in total.

Vanja #66

Did Elkann hire Helmut Marko and put him in charge of media "leaks" ?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is peak off season, we need 10 units of new cars, stat :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

KimiRai wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 05:29
Leaking technical details all the time and now this. So much for a low profile preseason. Sure, all the italian media and the pressure and everything else but it's getting ridiculous, they have to fix it.
We have to keep in mind this might be a controlled leak to force Sainz's hand.

I say that but honestly I don't believe its a move to force Sainz either, it'd be too desperate just to keep Sainz onboard.

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 05:49
Did Elkann hire Helmut Marko and put him in charge of media "leaks" ?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is peak off season, we need 10 units of new cars, stat :lol:
:mrgreen: formu1a.uno also decided let's drop this at 2am on a Wednesday night and went straight to bed

F1NAC

From building a team around Leclerc to bringing Lewis --- Hamilton :D …woaaaah.

I’m not ready for “Tempo di martello Lewis”

jumpingfish

How can Lewis go to Ferrari when he has repeatedly stated that his family is Mercedes? :wtf: It's more likely that Albon will become Charles’s partner. They both prefer good front end and Alex is not a conflicted guy.
Everyone has their own driving style, my driving style is rather gentle. But I like to have a car with a good front end: quite nimble, direct.

Vanja #66

organic wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 06:08
:mrgreen: formu1a.uno also decided let's drop this at 2am on a Wednesday night and went straight to bed
Latest info suggests Hamilton and Sainz will swap places already before Bahrain test :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

if Ferrari trying to bring Lewis over, it is to attract engineers from redbull/merc and other English based engineers. I don't remember where I read this. but last season when the rumor of lewis going to Ferrari propped up, someone said exactly this weather it was Fred I am not sure,

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Looks like everyone and their grandmother wants to throw their hats in

Lobato on twitter; translated
I don't usually comment on rumors, but this is more than just a rumor. From what I have learned, the chances of Lewis Hamilton wearing Ferrari red in 2025 are very high, in fact I do not rule out that he is already signed. Lewis has a contract until the end of 2025, but with an option to leave in 2024. The maneuver has caught Mercedes off guard, while Carlos Sainz expected it. This year is going to be difficult for Carlos at Ferrari, but his options for 2025 are several: A year of waiting at Sauber until it becomes Audi in 2026 or even a possible negotiation with Mercedes to take Hamilton's place.

chrstphrln

I don't believe a single word of it.

KimiRai
KimiRai

NEWS. Hamilton will race with Ferrari from 2025. The announcement is imminent. Sainz will not continue with the team, but he has interesting options on the table, such as Mercedes or Audi from 2026.
He's a good Spanish source, even better than Lobato. That's pretty much it then.

Last edited by KimiRai on 01 Feb 2024, 11:19, edited 2 times in total.

Luscion
Luscion

Another reliable source also reporting it

gastonmazzacane

I think Sainz (based on rumours) already got early Audi contract. Ferrari knowing this, called Hamilton (he drove for Vasseur before) and maybe he went "why not".
Mercedes has a lot of options. Ocon, Schumacher...and Hamilton staying couple of years in Ferrari before Oliver steps in.

Anyway, I still think Sainz is great for Ferrari. But he just probably got a good deal with Audi, to build a team around him.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Motorsport.com now reporting

Hamilton set to make shock switch to Ferrari in F1 2025
Lewis Hamilton is poised for a sensational move to Ferrari for 2025 with a decision on his future expected imminently.

Although it is not clear if a final contract has been signed, Motorsport.com understands that negotiations are at an advanced stage and could be concluded by the end of this week.

Ferrari has long been interested in Hamilton’s services but its overtures have previously been rejected because the seven-time champion felt Mercedes offered him a better route to success.

However it now appears that, off the back of two challenging seasons for Mercedes, Ferrari is now close to convincing Hamilton that it is a better bet for the future.

Last year Hamilton signed a multi-year contract with Mercedes for 2025 and 2026 but it now appears that the second season may have only been an option.

That means Hamilton will have an escape clause that means, if he signs for Ferrari, then he will be able to join from 2025.

Both Ferrari and Mercedes have declined to comment on the situation.

(More to follow)
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hami ... /10571247/