2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cs98
Cs98

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 12:06
Outside of the driving, I couldn’t imagine Max fitting in with the Merc style of PR
I think this is a false narrative. Toto will simply adapt to the driver he has, as he did with Lewis. Max is in such a powerful position that he can negotiate his off-track duties to be minimal. The only question is performance, I don't see it for 2025 but 2026 there's every chance.

PlatinumZealot

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 12:20
Fluido wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 11:39
George russell career is finished before even starting if max join mercedes for 2025
Yes for sure.
Russel is just lucky that Lewis decide to leave Merc so he can easy beat him this year...
People who think that driver can forgot to drive in two months are just Ham-haters.
Adaptability is also part of driving skills, and shitboxes aren't Lewis's strongest area. So I could say Lewis is the one who is lucky to get out of the way before getting hammered again by Russell because next year's Merc is going to be a shitbox too.
Funny. The narrative changes so much. For the full portion of Lewis' career at Mclaren, Lewis is an adaptable driver... (he probably is second to Alonso here) and then he isn't after 2022... Haha.

I think people are confusing adaptability with not settling for less! He's simply not happy accepting driving a shitbox and trundling around for points and goes to the extremes to experiment. We have seen too many times when race condition change and Lewis is miles down the road.

The only bad example of him i recall where he was lost was maybe Imola 2022. And that was with a bouncing car shaking his spine apart.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

On the Max going to Mercedes he would be mad to do so as long as the RedBull is a rocket.. Best to attempt to cement goatness at another team only when your current team starts building shyte cars, as lewis did in 2013 and will do in 2025.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Fluido wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 11:39
George russell career is finished before even starting if max join mercedes for 2025
Yes for sure.
Russel is just lucky that Lewis decide to leave Merc so he can easy beat him this year...
People who think that driver can forgot to drive in two months are just Ham-haters.
Adaptability is also part of driving skills, and shitboxes aren't Lewis's strongest area. So I could say Lewis is the one who is lucky to get out of the way before getting hammered again by Russell because next year's Merc is going to be a shitbox too.
Ignoring the elephant in the room that is 2023, I guess. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 14:10
On the Max going to Mercedes he would be mad to do so as long as the RedBull is a rocket.. Best to attempt to cement goatness at another team only when your current team starts building shyte cars, as lewis did in 2013 and will do in 2025.
Or Max goes there and when he wins people say "oh, t's only because of the work that Lewis put in!" just as they did when Lewis went to Mercedes and started winning and people said it was only because Michael had developed the car for him. :lol:

organic

F1-insider (German outlet who were getting fed information by Austrian/verstappen camp of red bull during the Horner saga and when Marko was being ousted at Saudi GP) report that Verstappen team will meet with Mercedes after Miami to see if a deal can be struck

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-verstap ... gen-63046/

Says that Verstappen wants to bring engineers with him as well as Marko

Dunlay
Dunlay

Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:21
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Or Max goes there and when he wins people say "oh, t's only because of the work that Lewis put in!" just as they did when Lewis went to Mercedes and started winning and people said it was only because Michael had developed the car for him. :lol:
If Mercedes were to credit Lewis for their resurgence in the same manner they did with Schumacher, it would undeniably recognize his impact. However, it seems unlikely given the stark contrast: Unlike Schumacher, Lewis has at times brought public embarrassment to the team and its machinery, with Toto involved.

zeroday

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Revisionist history? Lewis destroyed Russell in 2023 in a shitbox and single-handedly carried Mercedes to P2 in the WCC. We are not even 1/4 of the way through 2024. Let's not resort to wishful fantasy just yet, please.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Dunlay wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 16:29
Just_a_fan wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
If Mercedes were to credit Lewis for their resurgence in the same manner they did with Schumacher, it would undeniably recognize his impact. However, it seems unlikely given the stark contrast: Unlike Schumacher, Lewis has at times brought public embarrassment to the team and its machinery, with Toto involved.
Schumacher was embarrassed by Rosberg three years in a row. But that's quietly forgotten. Did Schumacher help to develop the title winning cars? No. No he did not.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 16:35
Dunlay wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Schumacher was embarrassed by Rosberg three years in a row. But that's quietly forgotten. Did Schumacher help to develop the title winning cars? No. No he did not.
I respect your fan perspective. But I am speaking from what I have read from team personnel. Wouldn't it be more authentic to believe them, than a fan with zero insider knowledge? Yes, Schumacher was beaten by Rosberg, same way George beat Lewis in 2022 and potentially, this year too. Does that really mean anything? If only because Schumacher was beaten by Rosberg his contributions be neglected, then so should Lewis', even if team comes out and lauds Lewis for his guidance and help in rebuilding the team. No?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Dunlay wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 16:42
Just_a_fan wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
I respect your fan perspective. But I am speaking from what I have read from team personnel. Wouldn't it be more authentic to believe them, than a fan with zero insider knowledge? Yes, Schumacher was beaten by Rosberg, same way George beat Lewis in 2022 and potentially, this year too. Does that really mean anything? If only because Schumacher was beaten by Rosberg his contributions be neglected, then so should Lewis', even if team comes out and lauds Lewis for his guidance and help in rebuilding the team. No?
Lewis is helping the team by trying things out, just as every driver helps the team when they try things out that might not lead to their own immediate success. Will next year's Merc benefit from the data generated by, for example, Lewis's choice of set up in the China race? Yes, to some small extent it will. Just as the Mercs in 2013 benefitted from data generated by Michael in 2012. Is it fair to say that Lewis is developing the 2025 Merc? No, it is not just as it isn't fair to say that Michael developed the title-winning hybrids that Lewis and Nico drove to such success.

My original comment was a joke but the idea of jokes seems to be a bit tricky for some to grasp when they're too busy casting shade on the team or one of its drivers in this thread.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 17:02
Dunlay wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Lewis is helping the team by trying things out, just as every driver helps the team when they try things out that might not lead to their own immediate success. Will next year's Merc benefit from the data generated by, for example, Lewis's choice of set up in the China race? Yes, to some small extent it will. Just as the Mercs in 2013 benefitted from data generated by Michael in 2012. Is it fair to say that Lewis is developing the 2025 Merc? No, it is not just as it isn't fair to say that Michael developed the title-winning hybrids that Lewis and Nico drove to such success.

My original comment was a joke but the idea of jokes seems to be a bit tricky for some to grasp when they're too busy casting shade on the team or one of its drivers in this thread.
Let's leave it there. I am fan of Lewis and he is a supremely natural talent. I have no intention of belittling his achievements just to highlight Schumacher, who is also my favorite driver and Alonso and Seb and Max. :lol:

It's better not to get dragged down by some when they insult your favorite driver. There is no joy in beating them in arguments or insulting them with sarcasm.

Vanja #66

Just_a_fan wrote:
Schumi, Brawn and Costa were essential for setting up the foundation for the team much like Ferrari was set up when they were there. Schumi was severly injured in bike crash in 2009, coma for a month and left side of the body paralysed for almost 6 months. He was never the same physically since. Let's not twist the facts and make stuff up :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Venturiation
Venturiation

organic wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 16:10
F1-insider (German outlet who were getting fed information by Austrian/verstappen camp of red bull during the Horner saga and when Marko was being ousted at Saudi GP) report that Verstappen team will meet with Mercedes after Miami to see if a deal can be struck

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-verstap ... gen-63046/

Says that Verstappen wants to bring engineers with him as well as Marko
It's game over for George russel
Toto will take Max and Kimi so kimi can learn from max and be the future of the team

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

Just_a_fan wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Lewis helping the team? He is not Red Cross, he is a professional racing driver, and he is leaving the team. Of course, he is trying things for himself, not for the team. The same thing happened in '22 when he did the testing. Look at what Carlos is doing: racing hard. That's what Lewis should also be doing and not "offering" free lunches for George and Merc.