RB VCARB 01

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Vanja #66

RB VCARB 01

Please, ONLY discuss technical items of this car. Refrain from speculation.

General discussion about the team, its drivers and performance can be posted in the team thread.

Livery discussion also belongs in the 2024 VCARB F1 Team thread.
Last edited by Vanja #66 on 09 Feb 2024, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Re: VCARB RB-01

Rb19 rear suspension and now rb19 front suspension as well is a good mechanical basis.

They've also v-shaped the front of the chassis according to formu1a uno who have good sources at Faenza

New nose is f1-75 style on render, confirmed by formu1a uno to be a real feature

The underbite inlet now standard on the grid can be assumed to be a real feature

Everything else is from the 2023 car. Credit to @scuderiabrandon for the following:

That the render is likely based on the 2023 COTA spec alpha tauri on the basis of floor details

Last edited by organic on 09 Feb 2024, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

Vanja #66

Re: VCARB RB-01

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Mat-tes
Mat-tes

Re: RB VCARB 01

No shenanigans so far underneath the sidepods that would indicate S-ducts or anything fancy, for now.

Complete change of front suspension, sidepods also very much in line with the redbull from early 2023 so far. For what it's worth looking at renderings, the nose cone goes all the way to the main plane on the front wing. That's similar to last year, but not like the RB19. Fences a the floor entrance also look curved very much like the RB.

organic

None of the details except nose and inlets are new. Sidepods (other than inlet), engine cover, floor, floor edge wing, RW, all from late 2023.

K1Plus
K1Plus

So this is not the final car and we'll have to wait until testing, yeah?

bosyber
bosyber

K1Plus wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 10:52
So this is not the final car and we'll have to wait until testing, yeah?
Yeah, probably. I guess it's not a real surprise. Might be that they retain the sidepods until the 1st update, but a new floor and wings for testing one would expect.

Martin Keene
Martin Keene

Something in the matrix has changed... this is a modern F1 car with a half decent livery and some actual colour on it!!!

What in the world happened...

I'll forgive the dodgy name for a decent livery with colour.

=D>

CjC
CjC

organic wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 09:15
None of the details except nose and inlets are new. Sidepods (other than inlet), engine cover, floor, floor edge wing, RW, all from late 2023.
At first look I thought yea that’s the first car that’s impressed me this launch season so far… especially the sidepods then I saw the renders from last years car and though oh… I’m not so impressed :lol:

It’ll still be a fast car no doubt #-o
Just a fan's point of view

f1316
f1316

CjC wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 12:14
organic wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 09:15
At first look I thought yea that’s the first car that’s impressed me this launch season so far… especially the sidepods then I saw the renders from last years car and though oh… I’m not so impressed :lol:

It’ll still be a fast car no doubt #-o
I mean, the late 2023 Alpha Tauri with a few extra Red Bull bits bolted on is probably not too shabby a prospect! Job done! :wink: :lol:

(PS: Before anyone says anything: I know it’s not that simple - just that perhaps their general aero philosophy from Abu Dhabi doesn’t need much updating anyway since they ended the season strong)
(PPS: it’s annoying that when I now want to say “Red Bull” I can no longer write “RB” :cry: )

SiLo

Regarding the front suspension they are getting from Red Bull, James Key said this:
However Key said the challenges the suspension layout presents shouldn’t be underestimated. “It’s a horrible project mechanically,” he explained. “Difficult, it adds weight the car as well, it has many, many drawbacks.
“But aerodynamically, it is absolutely the right thing to do. And if you can overcome the drawbacks – which is a big challenge, it’s not an aerodynamic challenge, it’s overcoming the difficult parts of design – it’s a quicker car, it would make sense to do it.”
Source: https://www.racefans.net/2024/02/09/a-h ... uspension/
Felipe Baby!

CjC
CjC

:evil:
SiLo wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 17:46
Regarding the front suspension they are getting from Red Bull, James Key said this:
However Key said the challenges the suspension layout presents shouldn’t be underestimated. “It’s a horrible project mechanically,” he explained. “Difficult, it adds weight the car as well, it has many, many drawbacks.
“But aerodynamically, it is absolutely the right thing to do. And if you can overcome the drawbacks – which is a big challenge, it’s not an aerodynamic challenge, it’s overcoming the difficult parts of design – it’s a quicker car, it would make sense to do it.”
So it’s a massive advantage to buy the proven Red Bull front suspension and no doubt walk onto the podium?

Then all the money and allocation saved from not designing your own suspension can be pumped into pure aerodynamic performance resulting in a laptime gain….
Come on…. how can this be fair to the others
Just a fan's point of view

organic

CjC wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 18:03
SiLo wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 17:46
So it’s a massive advantage to buy the proven Red Bull front suspension and no doubt walk onto the podium?

Then all the money and allocation saved front not designing your own suspension can be pumped into pure aerodynamic performance resulting in a laptime gain….
The option is available to customer teams and many choose not to take it eg AMR, Williams, Alfa Romeo.. so it isn't pure advantage or an absolute no-brainer like you're suggesting.

Having autonomy over the design is extremely valuable; designing around decisions made for another car layout is generally not going to be optimal. Additionally, with Toro Rosso they're always a year behind RB's design with their 2024 car running 2023 parts. Haas on the other hand takes up-to-date components as Ferrari releases the designs early enough in the process for them to incorporate. So I would say Haas stand to gain even more in this region, but as we see it has not helped much, right?

ME4ME

CjC wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 18:03

Then all the money and allocation saved from not designing your own suspension can be pumped into pure aerodynamic performance resulting in a laptime gain….
Walk onto a podium .. jeez. They are a year old suspension parts.
Haas are buying Ferrari's 2024 parts.

I have very little time for these unfair complains, including the stuff coming from Brown. These are old parts. Rivals should be up to the job to compete with that.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Real Life