RB VCARB 01

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Zynerji

Re: RB VCARB 01

runningmanz wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 04:09
Zynerji wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 03:45
runningmanz wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 03:29
Floor fence similar to the RB19 it seems

https://snipboard.io/DU067z.jpg
I think that's different enough to not be a transfer of concept.

Especially the sharp corners on the front bottom of the strakes. I imagine that loses a ton of vorticity for it to behave very similar.
Yeah definitely not the same and who knows really knows the performance difference but would be great to be able to see the rest of the floors for both and compare the similarities. Having said that who would know whats info might be exchanged over a cheeky lunch with both teams mingling engineers on occasion. :lol:
I think they just share optimization strategies for the best possible outcome. IE: Generate a theoretical concept of optimal %volume change/ %length along the tunnels to generate maximum downforce/minimum drag. Then sharing the best possible outcome so then each team can adapt it to meet their individual needs, while trying to stay as close as possible to the optimum.

Mclarensenna

Pictures from Bahrain GP

Source
Motorsport.com/f1

runningmanz
runningmanz

ispano6

Need to change the front concept of this car.

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 17:10
Need to change the front concept of this car.
Yes, I think so too.
The Power of Dreams!

Mandrake
Mandrake

Can someone point me to where all the criticism for Raciong Bulls working too close with RBR comes from? To my amateur eye visually there is loads of differences just like with all the other RBR clones. And also performance wise they stand pretty much apart

djos

Mandrake wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 16:25
Can someone point me to where all the criticism for Raciong Bulls working too close with RBR comes from? To my amateur eye visually there is loads of differences just like with all the other RBR clones. And also performance wise they stand pretty much apart
Zac from McLaren was the loudest voice iirc.
"In downforce we trust"

Emag
Emag

djos wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 22:48
Mandrake wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 16:25
Zac from McLaren was the loudest voice iirc.
I believe his concerns are more from a sporting point of view, as opposed to technical similarities (RP/Aston proved in 2020, you don't need a super tight relationship to copy someone).

The main problem is that by owning two teams, RedBull effectively has 2 less rivals in the race that it can potentially leverage for their own benefits.

You dont see football teams sharing the same owner for example. It would be stupid to watch a match between teams that are essentially managed by the same people. Its obvious the team higher in the standings would get priority.

Sevach
Sevach

Mclarensenna

hollus

Interesting knobs (red arrows) inside the foam protections of the cockpit at Suzuka. I don't remember seeing this before, but the McLarens had something similar today, albeit smaller.
This is from the second formation lap, and even at low speed, Yuki could be seen resting his helmet on the knobs, which bent in quite a bit.

Is it just for driver comfort, or also to prevent flow blockage by helmet touching the foam wall?
Rivals, not enemies.

Sieper

That is purely a driver aid. Some drivers like it indeed to rest their head (g forces are brutal) while other drivers dislike it as it restricts their possibility to look around.

scuderiabrandon

hollus wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 13:22
https://i.imgur.com/IM4c6Ul.jpeg

Interesting knobs (red arrows) inside the foam protections of the cockpit at Suzuka. I don't remember seeing this before, but the McLarens had something similar today, albeit smaller.
This is from the second formation lap, and even at low speed, Yuki could be seen resting his helmet on the knobs, which bent in quite a bit.

Is it just for driver comfort, or also to prevent flow blockage by helmet touching the foam wall?
Just neck support. You'll mainly see them at the high speed circuits.

KAIZEN

japanese gp RIC

ANDY238
ANDY238