Aston Martin AMR24

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
organic

Re: Aston Martin AMR24

Dan Fallows interview with formu1a uno
"We inherited the new Mercedes push-rod suspension . We purchase the transmission from them and consequently also the rear suspension"
Contrary to some rumors that they were in difficulty, within the Silverstone team they say they are very satisfied with the step forward made during the winter. “We think we have taken a step forward compared to last year's car, which is what we wanted” – said Dan Fallows, “ Our goal was to design a car with a good platform that we could develop during the season."
"There is always a certain degree of danger when you develop a car, you have to make some compromises, which may not be as good as you would like. But we learned a lot about these rules, how these cars should behave and how to get the best out of the aerodynamics. Going into this season we are confident. I think we have learned a lot of lessons and will therefore be able to make updates to the car with more confidence,”
Making our car as efficient as possible was a big goal for us over the winter and it's something we seem to have achieved to achieve that step forward,”
https://formu1a.uno/fallows-amr24-con-m ... possibile/
Last edited by organic on 12 Feb 2024, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

JordanMugen

organic wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 10:59
Making our car as efficient as possible was a big goal for us over the winter and it's something we seem to have achieved to achieve that step forward,”
https://formu1a.uno/fallows-amr24-con-m ... possibile/
Great stuff! Will it still be a car that prioritises low to medium speed circuits over high speed circuits like Spa and Silverstone?

I like the new sidepod inlets, they look very smart!

muelte
muelte

Edited for a better sidepods inlet detail view

Venturiation
Venturiation

Shakedown in 1-2 hours
We'll get a look at the rear and everything

-wkst-
-wkst-

Some more quotes and informations from the team (they talked to the press on sunday evening):

Fallows:
At season finish we solved most of the problems we ran into at the middle of the season, we have to maintain this momentum.
The AMR23 is a solid basis and indeed they are using some parts for the AMR24, but for example the first third of the car is completely new.

nothing new:
The underfloor and the development of it will be most important.

New AMR24 is a solid plattform, but this year they also want to play a role in the development game.

AMG.Tzan

Seems like a nice evolution of last year’s already successful AMR23!

The floor looks quite sculpted from the outside which really makes me curious as to what they have developed underneath! Hopefully they’ve taken their lessons from Red Bull’s Monaco floor photos…

Rear suspension reverting to push rod has more to do with Mercedes rather than Aston Martin so I wouldn’t comment in this thread about that…but looks like a welcome change to me!

Wow radiator inlets are getting razor thin now…we won’t be able to tell them apart from up front!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

organic wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 10:04
Once again not the real car.. which will hit the track today at Silverstone. For instance, the real car will be pushrod rear which is not the case in renders and it has old spec wings on

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGHyav0WgAA ... &name=orig

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGHyav5WoAA ... &name=orig

https://i.imgur.com/IpbEYtJ.png
Do AM but their rear suspension from Mercedes?

lasu_33
lasu_33

AMG.Tzan wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 11:15
Seems like a nice evolution of last year’s already successful AMR23!

The floor looks quite sculpted from the outside which really makes me curious as to what they have developed underneath! Hopefully they’ve taken their lessons from Red Bull’s Monaco floor photos…

Rear suspension reverting to push rod has more to do with Mercedes rather than Aston Martin so I wouldn’t comment in this thread about that…but looks like a welcome change to me!

Wow radiator inlets are getting razor thin now…we won’t be able to tell them apart from up front!
Yes the most important part is underneath

FDD
FDD

Vanja #66 wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 10:21
Decent looking evolution of the 23 car in sidepod area, other parts are as detailed as they can be. I think it will be important for all Top 5 teams to display an upgrade in sidepod area over RB19, as this shows they feel the confidence to pursue floor performance in sidepod flow interaction. AMR24 certainly displays that, especially with the hint of undercut arched tunnel seen also on A524. But the main thing will be the floor of course, hopefully they feel generous in Bahrain tests again and show it for everyone to see :mrgreen:
"hopefully they feel generous in Bahrain tests again and show it for everyone to see" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sidhartha.techie
Sidhartha.techie

morefirejules08 wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 11:16
Yes
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

Sidhartha.techie wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 11:29
morefirejules08 wrote:
Yes
So basically confirms Mercs switch to pushrod rear

Joseki
Joseki

morefirejules08 wrote:
They buy the gearbox and the gearbox casing with rear suspension mounting points, but not the rear suspension itself.

However it confirms Mercedes is also using a push-rod at the back.

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

Joseki wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 11:50
morefirejules08 wrote:
They buy the gearbox and the gearbox casing with rear suspension mounting points, but not the rear suspension itself.

However it confirms Mercedes is also using a push-rod at the back.
Perfect thanks

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

These sidepod inlets are getting close to NACA ducts at this point.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

KimiRai
KimiRai

Last edited by KimiRai on 12 Feb 2024, 12:22, edited 4 times in total.