China 2006 & Ferrari engine issue

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pRo

China 2006 & Ferrari engine issue

They are changing Massa's engine, anyone know the details?
Last edited by pRo on 29 Sep 2006, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

manchild
manchild

Was Massa using that engine in Monza? What about Schuey's engine? Did they doth have them on same duty cycle?

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/4050

<b>Felipe Massa</b> "There is little to say as this was not a good day for me. I did not go out on track this morning and then in my second run this afternoon, I had a problem with the engine and had to come back to the pits, where our engineers realised the unit would have to be changed. It's a shame, as the car seemed to be well balanced right from the start and I had been able to do some good times. Of course, dropping ten places on the grid will make my race much tougher but I believe I can still put on a good performance."

Massa got a new engine at Monza, Schumacher used an old one at Monza!

pRo

The forecast says it should rain at least tomorrow. This is going to be interesting. 8)

pRo

Locals say that the forecasts are promising rain for the whole sunday. 8)

Tom

For the record, bookies put Michael to win this race...and the champ, what do they know, aye?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

pRo

Tom wrote:For the record, bookies put Michael to win this race...and the champ, what do they know, aye?
I'm not surprised. If you take a look at the last few races...I believe the majority makes bets based on the results of those, ignoring the if's and because's that people who follow it more closely talk about. 8)

(and before the Schumiville stands up, I didn't say he doesn't have a chance to win :lol:)

m3_lover

If there is rain on sunday... game over for Bridgestones teams
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Whenever I hear about a Ferrari engine being changed prematurely, the first thing I wonder is if they are being sacrificed to check and make sure Michael's engine is safe for the race. Yes, that too is an obligation and a hazard of being the number two driver.
Ferrari engines are legendary in power and relaibility, an enviable record respected by all. So this may be a minor setback for Massa, it will be a treat for the fans. I will enjoy watching him go flat out, with no restrictions when it comes to his relationship to Michael. I expect Shu to qualify at least top four, there is no way Massa can impede him at the start of the race. Not having the handicap of losing ten positions. But Massa can start with as much fuel as he wants, and he will most likely be passing a lot of cars.
There have been some interesting fast cars in practice, we shall see who's got the real goods when qualifying starts. Gonna be good.
Although the politics of this season may leave a sour taste in many people's mouths, the points status makes every race more and more important. And personally, I love it. The race is so close, anything can, and usually does happen. Cook up the popcorn and fire up the tele mother, my favorite TV show is coming up. 8)

joseff

m3_lover wrote:If there is rain on sunday... game over for Bridgestones teams
Yeah, don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Sorry, couldn't resist... :)

Principessa

McLaren's car needs some superglue :P Did you see the mirror of Raikkonen fly off? :P

FLC
FLC

I bet MS has signed Ferrari on a contract, which obliges them to favour the drivers championship over the constructors'. Other wise I cant see why ferrari would brake the seals off of Massa's engine just to make sure that MS's one is fine. Keeping in mind the telemtry and other hi-tech means (Olympus camera that goes in the engine, for example) - I have never herd such a doubtfull theory.

Principessa

I'm very delighted with the qualifying results! I hope that Renault can finish a 1-2 as well, that would be great! Renault to the top! :oops:

Raikkonen has a good chance to spin off again tomorrow if it rains, as he spun off yesterday during the free practice session and this morning again.

Doornbos did a great job! He was faster than Coulthard, a very good performance of him.

Can't wait for the race tomorrow, even if I have to get up early :P

m3_lover

How did lonely schumi get into the top 6 out of all those michelin runners..Damn he is good. Heads are going to roll at Toyota and STR did a amazing job. This is going to be a good race IMO
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

basrawi
basrawi

Rainmaster

If its going to be wet, the game is sooooooo over for Ferrari. The Michelin prove superiority over Bridgestone, Michael did the impossible with these tires.

Comparing him to Massa, the best time of massa was 1:45.970 (in 2nd period with light car) with sector times S1: 27.9 S2: 31.7 S3: 46.1 Schumi’s best was 1:45.775 (in 3rd period with race load) with S1: 27.7 S2: 32.3 S3: 45.7

He is the rainmaster but Bridgestone didn’t help him at all :(.
M Basrawi