Suzuka

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zenvision

But Alonso did the same on Schumi in Magny Cours if I remember well, if this is judged by you as an irregularity. I think Massa was gaining an advantage for himself by staying a bit far from Michael, which is consented obviously, and he didn't actually hinder anybody as Alonso wasn't on a hot lap. I think Renault and Alonso are clutching on straws now, they should roll their sleeves up and let the results do the talking.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

manchild
manchild

Lightspeed wrote:Anybody who thinks the FIA is partial to one specific team and degrades other teams, and STILL watches F1 is surely braindamaged.
So, Bernie Ecclestone, Jackie Stewart, Keke Rosberg, Martin Brundle and who know else including remaining 20 drivers, 10 teams and all non-Ferrari fans are brain demaged. Another evidence - Only Ferrari and Max Mosley thought that impeeding punishment was fair - that doesn't requires any theory because it is so obvious.

BTW, that outlap thing makes me sick, why couldn't driver just drive one slow lap before entering in outlap? Who says that Massa was doing his best just because he went in pits in next lap? Accoridng to that logic you can beat overall sector records but if you enter pits after that your're impeeding someone but if you drive whole lap slowly without going into pits than you're not impeeding anyone. That's just bulls**t.

Also, does it mean that driver was impeeding someone if he is forced to enter pits after driving quick first few sectors due to malfunction or team call? :roll:

pRo

boban-mk wrote:That is because i see that you always comment about actions of Ferrari but never, i mean never ever comment on Renault actions.
Feel free to start a conversation whenever you feel that Renault, or whoever, is doing something worth discussing. 8)

There's no rule that only "we" can start discussions.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

FLC
FLC

manchild wrote:BTW, that outlap thing makes me sick, why couldn't driver just drive one slow lap before entering in outlap? Who says that Massa was doing his best just because he went in pits in next lap? Accoridng to that logic you can beat overall sector records but if you enter pits after that your're impeeding someone but if you drive whole lap slowly without going into pits than you're not impeeding anyone. That's just bulls**t.

Also, does it mean that driver was impeeding someone if he is forced to enter pits after driving quick first few sectors due to malfunction or team call?
I dont mean to insult you, but I wouldnt expect a comment like that from someone like you, who probably watches F1 for a long time now. I guess once again the conspiracy nonsense has blinded you.
Your comments there dont make any sense. An out-lap is the first lap you make when you exit the pits. Since the exit is usually further down the road from the finish/start line, that lap is not even timed (unless when made in race conditions and then it includes the time spent during the pit-stop). When you do your best and "beat overall sector records" before going into the pits you've made a flying-lap and you dont need to let anybody pass you, you're not impeding anyone. The cars behind you are in a state we usually refer to as 'traffic'.
What you are talking about, if I understanf you correctly (and I hope I dont for the reason I mentiones at the start of my post), is the in-lap.

manchild
manchild

Yes, I've put it badly I meant lap before going into pits but what you wrote also isn't logical.
FLC wrote:When you do your best and "beat overall sector records" before going into the pits you've made a flying-lap and you dont need to let anybody pass you, you're not impeding anyone. The cars behind you are in a state we usually refer to as 'traffic'.
How could have Alonso beat his personal sector record in Monza in first sector if he didn't cross the start/finish line at full speed? If he exited the pits than only sectors he could have made good time would be those after first sector and before finish line.

What I wanted to say about Massa in Japan and in general is that flying lap can cause as much impeeding as outlap or cool-down lap but apparently FIA considers flying lap status as undeniable aliby of speed and good intention.

FIA didn't punish Alonos because he was slow but because his lap wasn't finished since the time elapsed. According to that logic if he was really slow and obstructing Massa but menaged to cross the finish line before time elapsed than that wouldn't be impeeding.
Last edited by manchild on 07 Oct 2006, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

allan
allan

BRIATORE SAID:"Massa is this kind of guy," Briatore told ITV reporters at Suzuka. "He is a kid. He is a little kid. Little in every sense."

"Felipe was in front of Fernando, braking and everything," said Briatore. "We will talk with Charlie Whiting about this, this is perfect. Today we will tell Charlie, but nothing will happen. We already know what the answer will be."

"Fernando was complaining on the radio," he added. "If you are fighting with McLaren it is fine, but if you fight with these guys [Ferrari] it is impossible."
WHAT A FU..ING IDIOT! THIS F..ING BRIATOR AND HIS PUSSY CAT ALONSO!
The renault turtles were 0.7-1.5 seconds/lap slower than the ferraries, and that big ass alonso was on the same lap with "the little kid" massa, who kicked his ass...while in monza, alonso was on his out lap, while massa was on his flying one.
the renault team is a bunch of sissies who,as i said before, should paricipate in a"Ballet and Belly Dance" championship, not F1!

allan
allan

manchild wrote: How could have Alonso beat his personal sector record in Monza in first sector if he didn't cross the start/finish line at full speed? If he exited the pits than only sectors he could have made good time would be those after first sector and before finish line.
U said it urself, his "pesonal" sector record, not the ferraries...
if christian albers was infront of massa, and bet his "personal" sector record, that wouldn't make him any faster, would it????
alonso was also around 0.5-0.8 sec slower than the ferraries, the same case as here

manchild
manchild

Very mature post allan, as usual. One can easily see difference between Ferrari fans and Schuey fans when he compares posts of Ferrari fans like Tp or bhallg2k and posts of Schuey fans like Lightspeed, saam or you. Just think how would it sound if I started using F words and other words I use in private to describe Schuey and Ferrari menagement.

Alonso couldn't have know that he won't make it accross the finish line in time. Is that to difficult to understand? If he had crossed the finish line before time elapsed next lap would be timed for qualifying. He had every right to drive as fast as possible which he did. According to you if a driver isn't faster than current top time he should move from the circuit.

pRo

allan wrote:WHAT A FU..ING IDIOT! THIS F..ING BRIATOR AND HIS PUSSY CAT ALONSO!
Way to go. Keep up the good work.

renault turtles

big ass alonso

renault team is a bunch of sissies
I almost wrote a sensible reply to you. I mean I already wrote it, but realized I better not post it. It would just be a waste.

Merry Xmas! :twisted:
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Venom
Venom

'Listen' to this...
The combination of Michael Schumacher’s imminent retirement, a nail-biting championship duel and Suzuka’s last race for the foreseeable future has ensured that tickets for the Japanese Grand Prix are hot property - in fact, every day of the weekend has sold out.

On Friday there were 64,000 visitors - a record for the opening day - despite the inclement weather. On Saturday 120,000 turned out to see a thrilling qualifying session, while on Sunday 160,000 are due to attend to the race, which could in theory see Schumacher crowned champion for an eighth time.

Proof indeed that Japanese Formula One enthusiasts remain as fanatical as ever, as their Grand Prix prepares to switch to Fuji Speedway near Tokyo for 2007.
Does anyone know what is the max number of most TV views that happened on a Grand Prix?

I'm sure the record is about to be broken!
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

FLC
FLC

What I wrote is perfectly logical, manchild. You didnt put it badly - you made a plain mistake which makes me wonder if you even fully understand the regulations (for this matter. I'm sure you know the technical ones by heart).
I dont know what makes you believe that Alonso did his personal best S1 on his famous out-lap in Monza, but since he came out of the pits at about 1:27 left on the clock (and any YouTube video will show you that), and since competitive qualifying laps were around 1:21, the only place where he could lose those 6 seconds is on S1. Not only that, but the laps he put in before the right-rear puncture were in the 1:25's, and I'm sure he made better S1 times to get them.

He could've done his best S2 and S3 tho, but he was still a lot slower than Massa on them.

I agree that a flying lap could bring to impediment of another car, but as I said before, it is a known fact that you must avoid traffic. That is why the teams figured right from the start that they should be the first to go out with the green light of Q3 and why we've seen so many 'wars' for that front spot. If you are on your out-lap or a cool-down lap you must make room for a faster car behind you, and you cant really hide that status, since everyone knows when a driver is on his out-lap and a cool-down lap wouldnt be much of a cool-down if you didnt drive relatively slowly (and which will be shown easily by telemtry).

Tom

Michael was blinding today, but Massa was definetly blocking Alonso. Of course the stewards will not do anything about it. Shame for Yamoto, it seemed more likely car failure where his accident happened, I wold have expected the rear to go the oter way usually, and I don't think he had room to fishtail.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Venom wrote:'Listen' to this...
The combination of Michael Schumacher’s imminent retirement, a nail-biting championship duel and Suzuka’s last race for the foreseeable future has ensured that tickets for the Japanese Grand Prix are hot property - in fact, every day of the weekend has sold out.

On Friday there were 64,000 visitors - a record for the opening day - despite the inclement weather. On Saturday 120,000 turned out to see a thrilling qualifying session, while on Sunday 160,000 are due to attend to the race, which could in theory see Schumacher crowned champion for an eighth time.

Proof indeed that Japanese Formula One enthusiasts remain as fanatical as ever, as their Grand Prix prepares to switch to Fuji Speedway near Tokyo for 2007.
Does anyone know what is the max number of most TV views that happened on a Grand Prix?

I'm sure the record is about to be broken!
Excellent point Venom, all the events and controversy generates tremendous interest and viewers. But so does madonna and pro wrassling. We need to make sure we understand the difference between a true gladatorial contest for real, and a BS event staged just to draw fans and money.

You know guys, although at times I may lean against Ferrari, and have have heaped criticism upon them, it is against the team. There are many devout Ferrari and Shu fans in this forum I happen to have tremendous respect for and like. Just because at times I dislike Ferrari, I don't dislike the fans. And just because I attack Ferrari I'm not attacking you.
It pains me when disagreement devolves into personal attacks and/or name calling. Go ahead, criticise the crap out of Briatore and Renault, they are professionals and part of the wonderful soap opera of Formula One. But please, please, play nice and try to show a little respect for your fellow forum members, because if you don't give respect, you may not receive it.

manchild
manchild

FLC wrote:He could've done his best S2 and S3 tho, but he was still a lot slower than Massa on them.
Its strange that he made his best S2 and S3 on tyres that haven't been warmed up at all.

FLC
FLC

Well in comparison he was probably using "old" tyres during the whole qualifying session until then, and he sure has the talent and determination to put in a lap like that when he has to (his other option was to not make it to the finish line in time), or otherwise he wouldnt be a world champion.